Delicious Christmas Bakery!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

We really haven't baked anything. Although we will make some pies later this week.

My husband has never had mince pie, I only tried it once at a big holiday party 30 years ago when someone brought both meat and non-meat mince mini pies to share. So I impulse bought a jar of pre-made mincemeat at the store to make little filled pies. It actually has a tiny amount of beef. Maybe suet? We opened the jar last night and tried it and both really liked it and are making little filled pies with it this week. It reminded me of apple chutney, but I didn't taste the beef at all. Next year I'll make homemade mince (no meat) because if we liked the pre-made version homemade ought to be so much better.

FFAFarmher

On Tuesday we had our annual Christmas baking day in my family! 81 dozen (972) cookies on the trays, and over 1000+ total made in 8 hours! We made Ritz pb Sammies, roll out butter cookies, hazelnut spritz(they are amazing), molasses, pb blossoms, Andes cookies, Oreo truffles, ganache truffles, rolo turtles, chocolate covered pretzels, and buckeyes. Honestly might have forgetten a couple!

Screenshot_20211219-223755.png

Orchid

Last sunday of 61 baked this.....apples,apricots,raisins, sweet sherry, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg upside down cake. Cake batter has bourbon vanilla, brown sugar for taste, A bit of mandarin juice mixed with powdered sugar on top and extra dusting powdered sugar. The sherry alcohol is gone only flavor stay.

Attachments