Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigElectricKat

So, for the past few months I've been taking Jardiance as prescribed by my physician. It seems to be doing wonders for me (in conjunction with my other meds). As an example, the moth prior to taking it, my average fasting (morning) glucose reading was 148 for the month of May. I began taking it around the middle of June and my June average went down to 136. July was 109 and August was 101! During that time, my A1C dropped from 8.4 in May to 6.4 in August.

I'm not saying that it's a miracle pill or anything but so far, I can attest to it helping with all the other stuff I'm taking. At least it's keeping from starting insulin. Yippee for me!

LizzieJones

Glad it's helping you BEK. I was tested for type 2 when I was in the hospital a couple years back (family history of it) and my blood sugars were always between 5.1 and 5.5

BigElectricKat

Glad it's helping you BEK. I was tested for type 2 when I was in the hospital a couple years back (family history of it) and my blood sugars were always between 5.1 and 5.5
That's really good Lizzie! Keep that up. It is no fun starting to get neuropathy pain in the lower extremities which is what it took for me to take this whole diabetes thing more seriously.

LizzieJones

That's really good Lizzie! Keep that up. It is no fun starting to get neuropathy pain in the lower extremities which is what it took for me to take this whole diabetes thing more seriously.

I knew a guy in the hospital who had that. He was in a wheelchair. Could not walk any more because of the pain in his legs and feet.
Several years ago when my mom found out she had type 2 I decided to remove all forms of sugar and junk from my diet.
I'll have a small treat every few weeks if I am craving it but my eating is nothing like it used to be. Just wish I did it in my teens. Anyway it's made a huge difference in my life.

BigElectricKat

I knew a guy in the hospital who had that. He was in a wheelchair. Could not walk any more because of the pain in his legs and feet.
Several years ago when my mom found out she had type 2 I decided to remove all forms of sugar and junk from my diet.
I'll have a small treat every few weeks if I am craving it but my eating is nothing like it used to be. Just wish I did it in my teens. Anyway it's made a huge difference in my life.
No doubt! That is awesome that you recognized that you needed to make a change and you've stuck to it. I wish I had your will power when it comes to that. Luckily, I have cut down considerably and have become more disciplined about food in general.

LizzieJones

No doubt! That is awesome that you recognized that you needed to make a change and you've stuck to it. I wish I had your will power when it comes to that. Luckily, I have cut down considerably and have become more disciplined about food in general.

You find after a while the cravings for that crap goes away. I haven't been in a McYukkies in over a decade. I used to be a huge diet pepsi drinker. Now strictly water, tea and an occasional orange or cranberry juice.

Living 6 months in the hospital changes you.

BigElectricKat

You find after a while the cravings for that crap goes away. I haven't been in a McYukkies in over a decade. I used to be a huge diet pepsi drinker. Now strictly water, tea and an occasional orange or cranberry juice.

Living 6 months in the hospital changes you.
I bet it does. You are one Superbad Lady!

BigElectricKat

I'm a metformin girl. My doctor claims it's the best of them all and I trust her :)
I was on Metformin for a couple years but there are side effects to prolonged usage at high doses. My main meds these are Janumet, which is Januvia and metformin combined. It works much better than metformin alone. And then I started the Jardiance this June and it's working wonders. In conjunction with with my other stuff. Jardiance is good because it also promotes cardiovascular health as well.

JDavis

I do fasting in the morning and metformin and low carb. I might look into Jardiance, thanks.

I feel like now that I am older my body wants to lose weight and is just not taking up the food anymore and leaving the sugar in my blood. If you look at the chart for weight for men and women by age you will see that we gain through about age 50 and then start losing back to our weight at 20 by age 70.
WOmen weight.PNG MenWeightWhite.gif

I try and listen to my lesser hunger and eat less now.

ChocolateBear

I've been diabetic for 4 years now. Was at 342 pounds then after Metformin and such I dropped down to 285. Weight started to tick back up to around 310. Then life happened last year, blood sugar and A1C shot up and I dropped down to 245. But after getting back on Metformin (and Trulicity) my weight has gone BACK up a 2nd time

As of today - Thanksgiving - 275 pounds. Nice and steady, which is fine by me.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Morning Meds:
Metformin 1000mg
Jardiance, 25mg
Levothyroxine, .025mg
Lovaza, 2000mg
Lisinopril-HCTZ, 10/12.5mg
Vitamin D3 - 2000IU
Vitamin B12, 2500mcg
Vitamin C, 1000mg
Multivitamin, 1000mg