• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Dieting and your reactions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyFFA

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not mods please move it :) This thread isn't about ways to diet or anything like that but I was wondering if other BBWs have the same reaction to dieting that I do. Let me explain better: for some reason when anyone brings up dieting or weight loss it always makes me want to cry.

Even right now when I would really like to lose about 20-30 lbs just so my clothes will fit better again it still upsets me. I've never been skinny and I never plan on being skinny but there are times in my life where I want to lose a few for various reasons. When I'm on a diet I don't like to tell anyone. I resent any "you look so great!" compliments or any acknowledgement that I've lost weight.

I think part of it is that doesn't feel like a compliment to me. I thought I looked great 20 lbs ago. But I guess I didn't otherwise why would I have gone on the diet in the 1st place? I just don't want anyone else to think I didn't.

My other thought is that by dieting I'm giving up all my hardwork as self accepting BBW (even though if I was 20 lbs thinner I'd still be one) and that upsets me. It also makes me mad that whenever I diet I'm "conforming" to society's idea that fat people always want to be thin. That's not true. I wish I could wear a post-it on my forehead that said "yes I'm dieting but I'm stopping in 20 lbs. No that does not make me a failure." But by losing those 20 lbs I feel like a failure to all confident big girls everywhere. Gah I don't know.

The whole thing really confuses me. I'm not sure if I even conveyed my emotions correctly. Anyone else has similar issues with weight loss/dieting?

Latest posts

Back