Dim on SencondLife?!

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Scandi (FFA), Mar 14, 2007.

1. Mar 14, 2007 #1

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

cand.bellyrub'er

Hi you all,

I’ve just created a character on Secondlife, to explore this World.
    I was a little sceptical at first, but after 1 weeks experience I’ve changed my opinion! As soon you figure out to buy clothes, change shape/skin/hair etc, go to parties, build houses, train your pet, go to festivals, ballrooms, role-play, sex and beaches, this is an amazing place, with all the opportunities you want (fantastic idea)!

It’s free!!
    I’ve used some money, but you don’t have to pay anything at all. So many free stuff to get. and you can earn money, LindenDollars, for doing jobs in SL.

I don’t know if Dimensionsmagazine have an island on SL?
    This could be an another good way to communicate together, and actually you can build a character there looks like yourself (you can buy, or find free, bellies, boobs, shapes, skin, hair, faces etc..).

Just a suggestion.

Good day to you all :)

/Scandi

2. Mar 14, 2007 #2

Emma

Emma

Emma

That looks really quite fun! I might try it.

3. Mar 14, 2007 #3

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

cand.bellyrub'er

Yes you should try it, and don't give up after one day. The first days seems quite frustrating, but it would be a pleasure to guide you around ;-) we could make a big dim-group, and I'll guide you all - hehe

And I forgot to give you the link: http://www.secondlife.com

Note: the site are "down" right now. Linden are updating, so it wont be possible to login the next 4 hours (that's why I'm here now, lol).

4. Mar 14, 2007 #4

Ruby Ripples

Ruby Ripples

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member

Scandi!! kisses and hugs!! That's where you have been hiding out? lol. I'll join too if we can get a group going, sounds like a laugh. I tried the IMVU chat thing once with some girls from here, but I wasnt very good. First I was stuck in a swimming pool and my pet cat that I spent all my money on was underwater, then I started hitting someone on the dance floor when I tried to dance, then I got stuck poledancing and couldn't get off the pole, then I was facing the wrong way at the bar and a girl thought I had fallen out with her LOL! Can you make a Dimensions Island for us? And... will we all have to be skinny? I haven't found one of these sites yet that allows us to be fat, lol! Are there any guys there with love handles? ;)

Chimpi likes this.
  5. Mar 14, 2007 #5

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

cand.bellyrub'er

Jumps up and down – Ruubyyy :eek:)) *big kisses*

Well yes, last week I suggested our big boss that we should on Secondlife (I think this is the kind of the future-internet), and as I said, here are ALL possibilities.
    But it joined the SL with really s scepticism.. and what happen? One week after, I’m tired and need sleep because I’m sitting there the whole night long.
    But you’ll meet many strange people, but also many nice funny people. Important to remember that this only is cyber. I can hear that many have lost the earth-connection, so be careful.

It’s a minimum of failure I’ve experienced. It depends of your computer, you need a good graphic card, but my computer is a medium good/bad one, and it works almost perfectly. I’ve had trouble when I join a room with MANY people, and it have to update all the character, but it’s all.

No lovely lovehandles so far *sniff*
    All the guys (I’ve meet) are like Keen-dolls, uff

But there are big stores (thousands of them), and you can buy bellies, love handles, hips, everything.
    The characters you create from the beginning don’t look very smart, you need to go out and make it “living” with flexi hair and real curves.

After you’ve bought stuff you need to try it, and there are private rooms for that if you don’t want to stay naked, hehe. I normally find a place without no people, my own land for a while and unpack all the clothes. And yesterday I was contacted by a woman. She have found a million of boxes out side her house, and she couldn’t move them, cause I was the owner, lol – well I’m new I didn’t know that I should clean up my own mess (just thought it would go away) hehe.

Last night I bought an expensive prim-skirt, and went to a big ROMANTIC very very lovely ballroom, and there are “real” DJ’s hired to play good music. I danced a slowly wals with a cute guy, and later I went to a funny little new place by an accident. I met a rabbit, and asked him if he had eat tomatoes (he was red of mess around in the head and clothes), and he got “mad” – he was a dangerous killer-rabbit, lol. So I renamed there little discotheque to “the cute killer rabbit”.

You can change everything.. I have found a “sexy-walks”, and you can eat foods etc.

My little Carlos (puppy dog) is so sweet. I travelled from one place to another, and in somehow I didn’t got him with me, and I received so many small cute messages “Heidi heidii Heidiiiii you forgot me, I’m lost *snift*.. lol, and need to go back and pick him up.

You can sit in a chair and earn money (nice and relaxing, hehe), and if you gamble you can earn from 1-5 LD every 10 minutes.

So far I’ve had very much fun and laughing just for being stupid and explore around in this new World.

Let me know if you create a character Ruby :)

Big hugs

6. Mar 14, 2007 #6

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

cand.bellyrub'er

And Yes, forgot to answer your question, you can make your character thin, normal/curvy, chubby, thick/fat – like you want it.

Well, I don’t want to take people away here from DIM or do any advertisement, it was an suggestion to the webmaster. Maybe he could build this place (I just know it would be a success).

Or else we could make our own fat-land? :)

7. Mar 14, 2007 #7

Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts

8. Mar 14, 2007 #8

GPL

GPL

GPL

(((((((((((((((((((Scandi))))))))))))))))))))

I miss you in Dimensions, babe!! I'm happy to see you again:wubu:
    Please come in more often or join msn with me again!!:kiss2:

Tight hugs,
    GPL.

9. Mar 14, 2007 #9

philosobear

philosobear

philosobear

Thriving circuitously

getafirstlife...harsh, but a point well made...

10. Mar 14, 2007 #10

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

cand.bellyrub'er

Getafirstlife :)

Was just thinking about how to describe ”firstlife”. What is normal, and what is right and wrong?
    Well no answer to that…

In firstlife (like the site describe) we’ve daily problems (like acne), but who have decide that acne should be a problem, or not a normal hormonal imbalance the human goes throw?
    Because
    The media tells us how to because happy (only if you act and look in a distinct way).

SL is a chat site like all others chatsites. The only difference is, that it’s “more real” in many ways. Like a chat where you have “more smiley to use” than normal to explain yourself.

It’s like kids playing with dolls… some would use a doll remind them of themselves, and other a fantasy figure.
    The only difference = technology (this technology is amazing, but also dangerous if you don’t “take care”;) – in all ways.

11. Mar 14, 2007 #11

one_shy_writer

one_shy_writer

one_shy_writer

So, eh, how do you contact friends with this thing? I created a character, it's all set up, I'm kind of figuring things out...

12. Mar 15, 2007 #12

Renaissance Woman

Renaissance Woman

Renaissance Woman

Please do.

I've got a Second Life account, but haven't logged in for some time. Most of the time when I do I wander around and nobody talks to me. Boring.

As far as a Dimensions Island, land in Second Life has a monthly fee. So unless somebody's willing to underwrite it, there won't be a Second Life haven for us.

13. Mar 15, 2007 #13

philosobear

philosobear

philosobear

Thriving circuitously

fair go Scandi, I think you're right....many real things come from unreal things...that's a human thing. Enjoy!

14. Mar 15, 2007 #14

one_shy_writer

one_shy_writer

one_shy_writer

Unless we just find a little corner of the "world" and all meet there. Or something like that. I haven't played it much so I don't know how it works, but I'd assume something like that would be possible...?

15. Mar 15, 2007 #15

AnnMarie

AnnMarie

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰

*neeevvermind*

16. Mar 16, 2007 #16

Zoom

Zoom

Zoom

Rogue

I've played the game a lot in 2005-6, and was always trying to design a "better" fat suit. The weight sliders at maximum only made the SSBBW look about 375-425 lbs.

Sadly, every time I worked on it in the public "sandbox" areas, someone would get bored with his/her project and come over and bother me about mine. I wanted to work in secrecy.

My options were two: either buy an item that made a "skybox" area to keep others out while I worked, or buy my own land and make my own semipermanent buildings.

I chose the second option because it meant I could open up a shop and then sell other things like T-shirts and gadgets like flying pyramid cars with custom license plates. Oh, and a working stoplight.

However, so much work was done making new vending machines to sell the items, scripting code, and uploading lots of T-shirt designs, that I never had any time to work on the fat suit.

Finally I gave up in disgust and sold my land.

I'll come back someday (as Zoom Tank), but I don't think I'll be messing about with much other than fat suits until I have money again like I used to, that I can throw away on property ownership.

17. Mar 16, 2007 #17

malvineous

malvineous

malvineous

Hairy Thunderer

I just know that if I sign up for second life, I'm going to end up getting raped by a giant furry wearing a diaper.:rolleyes:

18. Mar 16, 2007 #18

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

cand.bellyrub'er

Renaissance Woman
    I actually don’t know how much a land will cost or who we can encourage to underwrite it, but I’m sure we’d be enough people to join the place (and make sure only members from the land-groups could enter the land).
    But why didn’t you talked to anyone? Don’t sit around and wait for others to contact you :)

GPL
    Thank you very much - nice words!
    You should join us in SL ;-)

one_shy_writer
    Yes that would be possible, that’s the whole idea about this, to get our own place! And I’d love to help you with contacting friends etc.

Zoom
    I hope to see you in SL again – and if you’re well-known in Sl, you maybe could help us getting our own little corner/land?

malvineous
    Lol, well, that would be funny too, ehm, hehe ;-)

19. Mar 30, 2007 #19

stungunmillie

stungunmillie

stungunmillie

There are a few BBW/BHM clubs and lounge areas and such already there... nothing Dimensions-affiliated, that I know of, but that doesn't mean that Dimensions people can't hang out there, of course! :)

The lounge area I found was called "bbw/bhm lounge."

<3 a giant furry wearing a diaper

20. Jun 28, 2007 #20

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

Scandi (FFA)

cand.bellyrub'er

Some week ago a new place was build in Second Life (called BBW heaven). A place for both BHMs & BBWs.