Dimensions Chatroom/ Messenger

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tiffany08

I've been a member of Dims for awhile back when there was an actual chat area and love and miss it don't get me wrong I like the forums as well but definitely miss the chatrooms. I'm not sure how it would work but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get that chatroom back? Or create a app for Dims? Or even add a messenger of some kind on the forums website.

I've been a member of Dims for awhile back when there was an actual chat area and love and miss it don't get me wrong I like the forums as well but definitely miss the chatrooms. I'm not sure how it would work but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get that chatroom back? Or create a app for Dims? Or even add a messenger of some kind on the forums website.
There is already an app. I used to enter thru the website on Chrome. But now I I'm here thru the app on my phone.

Yes! I downloaded it last week. It's fabulous. Unfortunately there isn't a chat yet!

Here is a screenshot of my phone. I put an ellipse right in the area where the app download button is supposed to be.Untitled111.jpg

I wish it could help you. And I also have the same wish as you of a chat room here.

Life is so very difficult for people like me. A BHM and FA. There isn't so many people who wants to understand you on the outside.

Tiffany08

I wish it could help you. And I also have the same wish as you of a chat room here.

Life is so very difficult for people like me. A BHM and FA. There isn't so many people who wants to understand you on the outside.
are you a BHM or a SSBHM? I believe I remember chatting with you years ago because I remember the face mask in your pictures now look were all wearing face masks!!

PostalFA

$$$

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
As much as I would love a chatroom or messenger, we just don't have the staff to keep it moderated/checked 24/7 and it would be overran with bots and the like pretty much straight away. The staff have definitely talked a lot about it, but it just isn't viable, at least at the minute.

Tiffany08

As much as I would love a chatroom or messenger, we just don't have the staff to keep it moderated/checked 24/7 and it would be overran with bots and the like pretty much straight away. The staff have definitely talked a lot about it, but it just isn't viable, at least at the minute.
Hopefully in the future it will be possible.

Donna

the book version is always better
I was a fixture in chat pretty much from day one...was even an OP after a while. You must've been one of the late night crew, I was more days and evenings.

As I understood the story: the chat code Conrad used was written by an old partner of his, and apparently he was very concerned (i.e. paranoid) about security and changes to his work. When the two of them parted ways, Conrad was unable to upgrade the code, or even transfer it to an upgraded server. When the server that hosted the chatroom died, the chatroom died with it. By that time, most of us had transferred to the forums anyway. Some folks tried reviving it off site, but nothing ever really caught on.

I found acceptance, love, friendship, and many adventures both on and offline because of that old chatroom.

Donna

the book version is always better
I was thinking a Discord server. But admittedly I had my bad days on that app.
I'm just learning Discord. The Twitch Streamer whose social media I take care of has one attached to his stream. It reminds me a lot of a forum/chat hybrid. It could work, but who would moderate it?

svenm2112

I am a ugly man
If you miss that chat we'll why don't you make a Discord chat room. It's relatively easy.

Latest posts