Dimensions Chatroom/ Messenger

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Angelette

I'm just learning Discord. The Twitch Streamer whose social media I take care of has one attached to his stream. It reminds me a lot of a forum/chat hybrid. It could work, but who would moderate it?
I think someone who is a Dims member and is trustful should run the server/be a mod. Whoever is active and engaging. Most importantly kind, too.

Based on my personal experience. The servers I left were due to MIA owners and unfriendly/strict mods. Also, mean community as well. But those were larger servers and I now gravitate towards smaller ones.

Fortunately, most of the people I met on here are kind and this community is tight knit. So, I assure there wouldn't be any issues. A side note. Discord does have voice chat! But I'm shy just like svenm2112 and sadly my ex's friend's girlfriend (what a mouthful) said I have an ugly voice. :(

Tiffany08

I was a fixture in chat pretty much from day one...was even an OP after a while. You must've been one of the late night crew, I was more days and evenings.

As I understood the story: the chat code Conrad used was written by an old partner of his, and apparently he was very concerned (i.e. paranoid) about security and changes to his work. When the two of them parted ways, Conrad was unable to upgrade the code, or even transfer it to an upgraded server. When the server that hosted the chatroom died, the chatroom died with it. By that time, most of us had transferred to the forums anyway. Some folks tried reviving it off site, but nothing ever really caught on.

I found acceptance, love, friendship, and many adventures both on and offline because of that old chatroom.
Nope I wasn't on the late night crew I was in the chatroom during the days and evenings.

Donna

the book version is always better
There are folks like me with severe social anxiety. I know this isn't what you intended with the context in mind. But I thought it was worth bringing up.
I too suffer from oftentimes crippling social anxiety, so I understand your point. Please know, my snark was in no way directed at anyone other than the person I quoted.

Latest posts