Dimensions in the late 80's and early 90's

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Myron6541

Spent some time here in the forums in the late 90's and early 2000's.....returned to see if I could find Saucywench, Joy, Terry (A Lawyer in Tampa FLA)? Havent had contact in years. Actually subscribed to Dimensions print editions......many, many years ago. Is Conrad and Ruby Blickenstorfer still around? Any information is appreciated...........absolute first visit back in 20+ years. I was Myron65 back then.....had to add the 41 to register now. Had some very, very good conversations back in the day. Alweighs appreciated this forum as there were not many outlets for those who admired the BBW/SSBBW figure.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Hi there, welcome back! I'm afraid most of those names don't ring a bell to me though @Tad has been around as long as anyone I know here, so maybe he might remember some of them?

Conrad retired from Dims a few years back, and the board was handed over to new people. I've not actually seen him around since, that I can think of. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you. =(

Myron6541

Hi there, welcome back! I'm afraid most of those names don't ring a bell to me though @Tad has been around as long as anyone I know here, so maybe he might remember some of them?

Conrad retired from Dims a few years back, and the board was handed over to new people. I've not actually seen him around since, that I can think of. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you. =(
Thank you. Married in 1989 and work and family took over. Just retired last year and am trying to reconnect to some things dear to me. I know Dimensions hasnt been seen in ages, and I thought I had an original copy but sadly don't. Just looking to see if anyone from "way back when" is still around. It was the very, very early stages of fat acceptance and it was a small bunch of folks, but it was the infancy during teh dawn of the digital age. I'll keep looking around........indeed, it's very different. SaucyWench, Joy, ARealFA, Doughie, Conrad and Ruby among a few. Was sad to read here that Cat passed........she was groundbreaking in the day.

Dial up modems---keep name dropping, know most of them---hung out in the weight gain chat as newfie_m_la. Dimension site was ahead of its time and a fabulous creation. Conrad is brilliant and active in so many areas and again ahead of his time. It's worth a look-see to punch his name into a search and also the longings for the past can be satisfied through the internet archive : "the wayback machine"

Another great thing in those days were get-togethers people had both at conventions and private regional things. It was a blast meeting many of the folks from chat. 🙂🥰

Joker

Dial up modems---keep name dropping, know most of them---hung out in the weight gain chat as newfie_m_la. Dimension site was ahead of its time and a fabulous creation. Conrad is brilliant and active in so many areas and again ahead of his time. It's worth a look-see to punch his name into a search and also the longings for the past can be satisfied through the internet archive : "the wayback machine"

Another great thing in those days were get-togethers people had both at conventions and private regional things. It was a blast meeting many of the folks from chat. 🙂🥰

Tracyarts

I was around back then. Although I didn't have a computer until 1995. But I'd been going to NAAFA events since '89-90 and bashes from the early '90s. Mainly in Houston, but occasionally other parts of TX.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Hi Myron, I do seem to vaguely recall your name. And for sure I remember those others, but as others have said they haven't been posting here for years. My summary of what happened was: essentially early Dimensions worked a lot like social media for a lot of people, and crammed together a huge variety of fat people and admirers of various stripes, that always created a lot of tensions. The rise of actual social media let people migrate to Facebook, etc, and form their own groups that were more self-moderating for content.

Also forgot: huge number of channels on Internet Relay Chat IRC, from the old terminal days and adapted to faster internet and win 3.x machines: lots of folks up there---(evil feeders too LOL)
I also attend NAAFA and was a member and dropped away as the mood changed and the organization became depopulated and felt more about tolerating fat, not loving it. it grew way away from the original theme of the organization which was for fat women and the men that loved them.
Of course it is cry-able that so many great folks, magnificent women, that helped me figure out my FA head are no longer with us. And in some cases it is painfully obvious and hard to take that fat women especially have lived as second class citizens and have not receive good health care.
Hope I haven't offended anyone. I have done plenty of crying over loosing my original friends in the fat world. It was the society that kept me mentally well for so many years.
Thanks Myron for starting this thread and welcome back. ;)

:)

Reactions: Tad

Falling Girl

I was around back in those days. I remember most of those names, I’m pretty sure I remember your name as well. I’m just coming back after being gone since around 2013. I started posting and hanging around in the mid to late 90s. I went by Falling Boy back then, I’ve obvious went through a lot of changes :) Welcome back!

cushionlove

Hello - For some reason, be it nostalgic maybe, I just googled ‘dimensions magazine’. I found this forum, talking about chat from the 90’s and 2000’s. I recall many an hour being on the old chat room. Reading above, I do recall some of the names mentioned....

As basic as the chat was, I still look back on it with fond memory. I was trying to recall the names of some I used to chat with....CanadaBBW, sweetpea, others which sadly I chatted a lot with but my memory fails me...

I have bounced in and out of the chats around now and its just not the same....it’s all about amazon wishlists and cash apps

Hello - For some reason, be it nostalgic maybe, I just googled ‘dimensions magazine’. I found this forum, talking about chat from the 90’s and 2000’s. I recall many an hour being on the old chat room. Reading above, I do recall some of the names mentioned....

As basic as the chat was, I still look back on it with fond memory. I was trying to recall the names of some I used to chat with....CanadaBBW, sweetpea, others which sadly I chatted a lot with but my memory fails me...

I have bounced in and out of the chats around now and its just not the same....it’s all about amazon wishlists and cash apps

Yes, the advent of high band width and inexpensive electronics and a new generation has monetized adult content the world over and now there is a glut that overshadows any sense of community or reaching out others to share any wisdom insight and understanding of what fascinates us.

It is difficult to blame any one for this, especialy those in poorer parts of the world where there is great need and little opportunity.

Recardo Admirer

Where there is the will, there is a way. All those speaking wistfully about the good old days on this thread should unite to bring those good times back. I am sure there are many others who share your nostalgia and would like to recreate the golden age. What saith you all?

Joker

Where there is the will, there is a way. All those speaking wistfully about the good old days on this thread should unite to bring those good times back. I am sure there are many others who share your nostalgia and would like to recreate the golden age. What saith you all?
OK we need a chat room. :)

Recardo Admirer

Hello Joker. That is the spirit!! Facebook, with a link back to this Forum, with Facebook as a chatroom platform for organizing........ It can work.

Latest posts