Discontinued foods

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

sugar and spice

Does anyone have a food they used to love that has been discontinued? Here are some of mine: Pizza Hut Priatza, oh man I used to love that, it was a deep dish pizza with lots of toppings with a second crust on top with more sauce and cheese:eat2:, Franco American macaroni and cheese in the can, it had really long noodles and a creamy white cheese sauce mmm mmm, KFC Oriental wings really good and one of those limited time only deals, I hate that don't you?

BBW Betty

Made My Saving Throw
I don't know if they've been discontinued, or if I just can find them in my "smallish" sized town:

Tuna Helper Pot Pie--Probably my favorite of all the "Helper" meals.

Flavored Baked Tostitos. I can get them plain, but I used to buy the Salsa & Sour Cream, and there was one other flavor that I really liked, but can't find anymore. The Baked Doritos are pretty good, but not quite the same.

Upstate New York Foodee

Sick of poli-tricks
I still cry over not being able to find this soup anymore :(

Campbell's Three Cheese Mushroom Ravioli with Vegetables Soup

Tender cheese and mushroom ravioli in a rich tomato broth.

This hearty soup is reminiscent of an Italian kitchen. Beginning with a robust, garlic and herb-seasoned tomato broth, this soup is brimming with ravioli stuffed with ricotta, romano and fontina cheeses and portabello mushrooms along with chunks of carrot, mushrooms and celery.

Sugar

My Mom used to buy these little pizzas at Safeway. You'd get six tied together and they were rather thin. Just cheese and I loved that there was corn meal on the bottom to keep them from sticking.

No idea the name, but I haven't found them in forever!

Paul Delacroix

Does anyone have a food they used to love that has been discontinued? Here are some of mine: Pizza Hut Priatza, oh man I used to love that, it was a deep dish pizza with lots of toppings with a second crust on top with more sauce and cheese:eat2:,
Pizza Hut used to be a lot better than it is today. For starters, the pizza itself was better, and they also had this great pasta called "cavatini". I don't think they serve it anymore--it wasn't a fancy gourmet item, but it was better than a lot of pastas from restaurants like Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill.

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
My mother and I were devastated when we found out two products were discontinued. The first was Chef Boy-ar-dee spaghetti sauce in a can. Yeah, it was not the best sauce, but it was a comfort food thing from when I was a kid. The second was Betty Crocker Date Bars. Oh my god, little bits of heaven. But they don't make them anymore. so sad

mszwebs

For The WIN.
Hamburger Used to have this AMAZING Italian thing that had noodles and sauce and a biscuit topping...they were very similar to the Homestyle Bake thingies and Campbells oven things that they have now.

Pizza Hut used to have a pizza called "the Edge". It was super thin and had toppings to the edge and a great mix of seasonings (I think the stuff they put on their breadsticks) GOD I loved that pizza...lol

And in my mother's honor...Target had Rosemary and olive oil chips that she was in love with and they stopped making. bastards...lol.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I miss ice cream.

First of all, the two flavors I miss most: Ben & Jerry's White Russian and Baskin-Robbons' licorice.

But more than that, I miss the variety of flavors from my childhood: black walnut, lemon, peach, pistachio...(yes, made with real pistachios, not almonds and pistachio flavoring) I go to the store, and there are two flavors of ice cream: vanilla (with a bunch of stuff mixed in) and chocolate (with a bunch of stuff mixed in). Once in a while they go wild and have strawberry. You can still get the real stuff in Europe, but those twelve-hour plane rides are killing me. And the ice cream always melts before I get it home.

bexy

is red again <3
I miss Sunpat cheese spread :(

They still make peanut butter but I hate nuts.

BigFusionNYC

1. Toaster Pizzas - they were kind of like a hot pocket but thinner dough and were circular, and they were filled with cheese and sauce.

2. 7-Up Gum - it was just like the Freshen Up gum, cubed gum filled with liquid gooey center, they had 7-Up, Sprite, Orange, and Cherry 7-Up - the SHIT!

3. Entenmann's MILK CHOCOLATE Donuts - much better than the Rich Frosted kind they've had forever, they were moist and delicious and gone forever, sniffle

4. Chocolate Snap Cookies - Nabisco made these. They were regular chocolate cookies, light brown and had a design of a cat on them scraped in - like the Goldfish crackers have the smiles scraped in. The box was red and had a 'Chococat' type drawing on it.

5. Snapple 'Samoan Splash' - a drink made with the Cupuacu fruit from Brazil, best Snapple ever.

6. Nestle 'Alpine White' - white chocolate, basically it was the non rice crisp version of the Nestle White Crunch bar, it was just white chocolate and that's it, no stupid rice crisps in it.

BigCutieSasha

Fatty McFat Fat
McDonalds Cajun Chicken Sandwich

Sweet and Spicy Chili Doritos. I couldn't get enough of them and then poof. Gone. I think they went out as a tester for a flavor but never made it.

Chicken Caesar Salad Sub at Subway.

The Shawna Salad at Acapulco's Gold in Portland. It's a damn shame I tell ya.

Coke w/ Lime (not diet). If its out there.... find me.

Now I'm hungry and it will never get get satisfied. Because I can no longer have these. :(

FAinPA

This Darkness Got to Give
May have even posted about some of these, ages ago. Now I'm crazy-hungry!!

--Team Flakes cereal (Rice-Corn-Wheat-Oats)

--O'Grady's Potato Chips (thick cut and the au gratin flavor was amazing)

--Snapple SODAS (especially Cherry-Lime Rickey & French Cherry)

--Nature Valley COCONUT granola bars (late 70s/early 80s, blue wrapper)--glad that NV granola bars are back, but I miss that flavor.

--Chef Boyardee Roller Coasters pasta & meatballs (best thing to warm up with after playing outside on snow days).

autopaint-1

Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club
Rice Krinkles, Chocolate Babies (Although I can still get them but not in most places)

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)
1. Toaster Pizzas - they were kind of like a hot pocket but thinner dough and were circular, and they were filled with cheese and sauce.
O.M.G. I was just going to post those....they were my favs!!! :smitten: Thanks for the blast from the past! :batting:

Latest posts

Group builder