Discontinued foods

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
Oooo...I loved those toaster pizzas, too. SO good. The sauce was really thin, the dough puffy and almost pastry like. *sigh* I look for them now and then and haven't seen them since the early 90s.

I had a friend who used to long for grape Tang. I had never seen it or heard of it, but he swears it existed once upon a time.

Sugar

Oooo...I loved those toaster pizzas, too. SO good. The sauce was really thin, the dough puffy and almost pastry like. *sigh* I look for them now and then and haven't seen them since the early 90s.

I had a friend who used to long for grape Tang. I had never seen it or heard of it, but he swears it existed once upon a time.
I've had grape tang, I'm pretty sure they still make it. It tastes like tang went wrong in the factory but so as not to lose the profits they packaged it anyway lol.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
McDonalds Cajun Chicken Sandwich
Coke w/ Lime (not diet). If its out there.... find me.
So sorry hon! The McDonald's around the corner from me still has the Cajun chicken sandwiches, and I've just seen the coke w/ lime...but I do believe it was at a discount store like Big Lots.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pies! These were green frosted pies filled vanilla pudding. They were so incredibly good! :eat2:
OMG! I remember those! My brother and I used to LOVE them! Thanks for bringing back the memories! :D

RevolOggerp

McDonalds Cajun Chicken Sandwich

Sweet and Spicy Chili Doritos. I couldn't get enough of them and then poof. Gone. I think they went out as a tester for a flavor but never made it.

Chicken Caesar Salad Sub at Subway.

The Shawna Salad at Acapulco's Gold in Portland. It's a damn shame I tell ya.

Coke w/ Lime (not diet). If its out there.... find me.

Now I'm hungry and it will never get get satisfied. Because I can no longer have these. :(
Do you mean the Spicy McChicken Sandwich? They have those on the $1 menu in Las Vegas, but here in Texas... it's regular, not spicy. :(

RevolOggerp

I used to be crazy for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, but now... blah. It seems that they changed the ingredients or process of making it cuz the chocolate chip cookie dough tastes like cardboard. I'm now back to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blue Bell Ice Cream cuz those are still as good as they were years ago. :)

Pookie

lemon cheesecake bars... the company made them SO expensive nobody wanted to buy them, so they where put in discount shops where I fell in love, but that was of course after they where cancelled. They got to being a week before sell by date... 10pence each, I bought 50 of them :p

Oh and those chocolate coated pretzels, the white fudge coated ones where amazing

10centporkchop

Bring back the jell-o pudding pops. I used to eat them and give our dog Joey a lick and my sister was so grossed out that I would eat after him. HA HA HA. Some time ago McDonald's discontinued the McChicken sandwich for years. Of course they have since brought it back, but back in the early days, when the McChicken was on a sesame seed bun, Joey grabbed my entire sandwich in his mouth and I grabbed his jaws, pried them open and got my dang sandwhich back! I ate entirely too much McDonalds in high school, that's why I'm so fat now.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
Staff member
Global Moderator
Bring back the jell-o pudding pops. I used to eat them and give our dog Joey a lick and my sister was so grossed out that I would eat after him. HA HA HA. Some time ago McDonald's discontinued the McChicken sandwich for years. Of course they have since brought it back, but back in the early days, when the McChicken was on a sesame seed bun, Joey grabbed my entire sandwich in his mouth and I grabbed his jaws, pried them open and got my dang sandwhich back! I ate entirely too much McDonalds in high school, that's why I'm so fat now.

Welcome to the boards! And by the way - they did bring back the pudding pops.

http://www.popsicle.com/products/individual/index.cfm?upc=02023

Miss Vickie

Manhattan clam chowder. I can't find it ANYWHERE around here. (Is it still found on the East Coast?) The creamy kind makes me wretch (got bad food poisoning from it in the 70's and still haven't really recovered) but I love the cool flavor combo of clams and tomatoes. I just do.

LoveBHMS

default title
Vickie--I'm a vegetarian so I can't vouch for how good it is, but I know Progresso makes Manhattan Clam Chowder.

Morningstar Farms used to make these honey-mustard flavor mock chicken fingers that were amazing.

I miss Pepsi Light which was this really awesome Pepsi product that came in a blue can with a cute little lemon logo on it. It was so much better than Pepsi Twist or Coke with Lemon. I'm sure it was just made with better tasting chemicals and additives, but it was good.

I had no idea Jello Pudding Pops were back. Thank you Randi.

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
I miss ice cream.

First of all, the two flavors I miss most: Ben & Jerry's White Russian and Baskin-Robbons' licorice.

But more than that, I miss the variety of flavors from my childhood: black walnut, lemon, peach, pistachio...(yes, made with real pistachios, not almonds and pistachio flavoring) I go to the store, and there are two flavors of ice cream: vanilla (with a bunch of stuff mixed in) and chocolate (with a bunch of stuff mixed in). Once in a while they go wild and have strawberry. You can still get the real stuff in Europe, but those twelve-hour plane rides are killing me. And the ice cream always melts before I get it home.
Doc...Braum's has black walnut.

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
Manhattan clam chowder. I can't find it ANYWHERE around here. (Is it still found on the East Coast?) The creamy kind makes me wretch (got bad food poisoning from it in the 70's and still haven't really recovered) but I love the cool flavor combo of clams and tomatoes. I just do.
If you talk to your grocery manager, they can order a case for you.

They still make it. It's available from Netgrocer.com but I don't know if they ship to Alaska.

Tracy

Fat & Sassy
When I was a little girl my grandmother used to buy me Tahitian Treat to drink.. I LOVE THIS STUFF:wubu: but have not been able to find it in my area for a long long time :(. Last time I had some was when I went to Hawaii back January of 1997.

10centporkchop

If they ever bring back Frank-o American macaroni and cheese in a can I will eat nothing but that for a week. I'm also a huge fan of Chef-Boy-R-Dee's Beef-o-ghetti. It was better than spaghetti-o's. Maybe the food companies should have focus groups made up of fat people. After all, we're the ones buying and eating most of their products.

Miss Vickie

Thanks for letting me know that Manhattan clam chowder is at least MADE. Now that I'm armed with that information, I'll have a little chat with my grocery store manager. I do so love that stuff.

Jane, not sure about netgrocer.com but even if they do ship to Alaska, it's likely to be pricey. EVERYTHING is, the bastidges.

toni

In the know
Franco American Spaghetti in cheesy tomato sauce

I miss it :(

ripley

In Remembrance

Dolly Madison Crunch mini donuts. They still sell them but no place around here has them any more. :(

Ditto these:

Latest posts

Group builder