Discontinued foods

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

katorade

I NEED Taco Doritos. Im paying, whos sending????

Unfortunately the new taco doritos are not the taco doritos of yore. Back in the day when Jay Leno was the spokesperson, they teamed up with Taco Bell and made Taco Bell Doritos. They tasted like they had every layer of a seven layer burrito on them. The new taco doritos just taste like they have taco seasoning and that nacho cheese flavor. None of those subtle sour cream or guacamole hints that toned down the intensity of the flavor and made them addictive.

I miss Pepsi twist so much. I'm going to have to go hunt for that NFL stuff. The lime flavored stuff was CRAP. Eugh.

I also miss Domino's all-american cheeseburger pizza, or whatever it was called. It had a ketchup/mustard sauce and american cheese. It was so freaking good.

Also, Reese's fudge covered peanut butter cups. Need I say more.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I'm plagued by chocolate candy I loved as a kid, but is no longer made.

However, if any of you remember the Marathon bar, produced by Mars for the United States (not to be confused with the Marathon bar in the UK, that's really a Snickers Bar), was a braid of caramel covered in chocolate. It was marketed as a foot of chewy goodness. :) It didn't sell well, so Mars discontinued it in 1981.

However, Cadbury has reproduced it as the Curly Wurly

MissToodles

dead peasant
Trying to remember everything, but my mind is foggy.

Nabisco snaps. Now, I don't know if they tasted good because I was really young at the time, but I loved these things. I'd buy them across the street at a local deli. They had a slight salty after taste and I always preferred the cat chocolate chip ones, as opposed to the dog chocolate ones.

Another is a cheesecake pudding made by either Jello or Swiss Miss. It came in a pack of four, each cup had strawberry on the bottom and cheesecake pudding on top. I don't know if I would enjoy it now, not a fan of cheesecake anymore, but I'd give it another shot.

s'mores cookies which were microwaved, voila, instant s'mores without the hassle of assembly.

a line of frozen food called microwave magic (?)-- fries, burgers, even shakes all in individual servings. anyway else remember the brand? I searched for it to no avail.

cute_obese_girl

Herbivore
Mother's cookies are back! Kellogg bought the recipes and are manufacturing them again. They taste the same too. :eat2:

Orchid

Callard & Bowser Nougat
wish that would be available again my favourite :)

steadydecline

Tomorrow belongs to me.
I don't know if they've stopped making it, or they just don't sell it here, or I keep missing it, but damn it, I've only had a McRib once and I want another one!

Also, I remember that they used to make combination spaghetti-os and ravioli. Ravioli-os, I think they were called. The other things I miss have already been listed here.

Like Pepsi Twist. And toaster pizzas!

Do they still make Wildberry Poptarts? If not, then I miss those. I haven't bought Poptarts since making the switch to Toaster Strudel, but I used to eat those ALL THE TIME when they came out.

gangstadawg

the wanderer
I don't know if they've stopped making it, or they just don't sell it here, or I keep missing it, but damn it, I've only had a McRib once and I want another one!

Also, I remember that they used to make combination spaghetti-os and ravioli. Ravioli-os, I think they were called. The other things I miss have already been listed here.

Like Pepsi Twist. And toaster pizzas!

Do they still make Wildberry Poptarts? If not, then I miss those. I haven't bought Poptarts since making the switch to Toaster Strudel, but I used to eat those ALL THE TIME when they came out.
i had bought some wild berry poptarts at the meijers in livonia lastweek.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Hostess Powdered Donuts with Raspberry filling.
Oh, God, I loved those. Used to eat the outside, all the way around, and then eat it just in regular bites. My sister and I were talking about those not long ago; we both loved them.
Pizza Hut used to have a pizza called "the Edge". It was super thin and had toppings to the edge and a great mix of seasonings (I think the stuff they put on their breadsticks) GOD I loved that pizza...lol
Second that one! Delicious! My all time favorite Pizza Hut Pizza. Then again, I'm not much of a fan of chain pizza, and would have to be on the verge of true starvation to eat it.

When I was a child, I adored Shasta's "Tiki Punch" soda. Yum. Also, there was some kind of lemon refrigerator cookies I loved that I haven't seen in years, as well as very good lemon Girl Scout cookies. :eat2:

Latest posts

Group builder