DJ Happily_Married’s Playlist

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

In the summer, my company has at least one picnic. I'm allowed, LOL, to choice a few songs for the DJ to play as we relax poolside. Only a few songs have not caused me to be yelled at. This is one.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
In the summer, my company has at least one picnic. I'm allowed, LOL, to choice a few songs for the DJ to play as we relax poolside. Only a few songs have not caused me to be yelled at. This is one.

Great song.

My parents told me that at the age of 3 or 4 years I was able to sing these English lyrics. :cool:

Surprising because I was hardly able to speak German, my native language. :D

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

I’ve posted a few Weezer songs and of course Weezer did a cover of this one. I’ve never cared for the song itself nor did I care for the new version. It got so bad I almost called the local radio I was listening to and remind them Weezer has other songs besides Africa!

With that said, it definitely seems to be a favorite. I think I’m the outlier on this one.

happily_married

David Bowie was inspired to write this song after reading about two lovers who were gunned down in the shadow of the Berlin Wall. I’ve always been fascinated the Berlin Wall and what it must have been like living in Cold War era Germany. I appreciate @DazzlingAnna who has befriended me since her arrival at Dims and has actually shared some of her experiences and memories since she had a front row seat when the Wall came down.

So this one is for Anna!

Rojodi

I’ve posted a few Weezer songs and of course Weezer did a cover of this one. I’ve never cared for the song itself nor did I care for the new version. It got so bad I almost called the local radio I was listening to and remind them Weezer has other songs besides Africa!

With that said, it definitely seems to be a favorite. I think I’m the outlier on this one.
I know that feeling. There were many songs played on local radio over and over again in the 70s and 80s that I had no idea how they were popular.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Well,

I share my empowering song with you. It has a special meaning.
It hit me in 2016 when I really went through a tough year with lots of losses.
This song means so much to me, it definitely was a part of my change in mindset to accepting myself, kind of finding myself.

IMG-20170623-WA0003.jpg

Reactions: Aqw

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
@happily_married

as we had this Berlin topic recently... here some impressions of nowadays united Berlin...

I better mention: "Dickes B" would be translated as Big B(erlin) - nothing else ;)

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
This next song is from mid- 90s, I've been into this Euro-Dance-Aera as you've maybe read before in this thread.
This one is different of course - it was always a song I liked very much. But even today it became a kind of a mantra...

"Shine like a star, shine into the future. spreading your light. wherever you are."
That is basically what I try to do in my life. There are better days than others, generally speaking that's what I do...

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
As I am constantly updating my music playlist I always add new old music to it.
Today's update, (thanks to @TheStaunton who mentioned this band in one of his first posts here at dims -welcone again!) is one song from Blur which I like very much in the late 90s.

I've been on a school exchange in England and I remember Blur was a big thing, maybe not as big as Oasis, but I've always preferred Blur.

Last edited:

happily_married

Thank you, Spotify, for reminding me of this little ditty:

Such a classic! “Beat me, beat me, come on eat me!”

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
In case someone is wondering why I am online almost every time of the day...

and of course it is a 90s classic...

Shh! Don’t tell!

I first heard this song a couple years ago when I started doing judo. The Sensei who ran the club I trained at had it on one of his playlists. I liked the way it sounded but in the middle of working out I couldn’t ever pick up any of the lyrics enough to search it out.

So last year when I started my new job/living situation I had the I heart radio app going. They never actually play the songs or artists I actually searched for. In this case I had taken a liking to Foster the People and wanted to hear more of their songs. Instead what I got was a weird mix of just about every indie artist NOT named Foster the People! One song caught my ear, so I stopped what I was doing and looked at who the artist was. It was Phoenix and the song was 1901. I made a mental note to check them out later and continued what I was doing.

Later when I got around to looking them up I stumbled into this song. I’d tried to figure out who this was for a while so it was exciting to finally have it. There’s nothing really all that special about the song, other than it reminds me of some good times on the mat in the early days of my judo “career.”

I have fond pre-teen memories of listening to liztomania.

Latest posts

Group builder