Do Only Fat Girls Break Chairs???

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MissStacie

Mrs. Gnoom
NO!!

Recently, I was visited by the love of my life, Boris who flew all the way from Germany to see me. While relaxing at home one evening, and after filling his belly with some super fattening American food, in the midst of conversation THIS happened!

CRACK!

SPLIT!!

Silence.

It was HIS chair leg that split like the seat of my last pair of jeans!!! I was more than intrigued at my delight about this....could I be a little bit of an FA myself?? I'd post the pic, but my resizing sucks....:mad:

Just a little tidbit of my day...

Hugs,

bigrugbybloke

NO!!

Recently, I was visited by the love of my life, Boris who flew all the way from Germany to see me. While relaxing at home one evening, and after filling his belly with some super fattening American food, in the midst of conversation THIS happened!

CRACK!

SPLIT!!

Silence.

It was HIS chair leg that split like the seat of my last pair of jeans!!! I was more than intrigued at my delight about this....could I be a little bit of an FA myself?? I'd post the pic, but my resizing sucks....:mad:

Hugs,

no! 300lb fat lads do as well as i have experienced, especially flimsy garden furniture and lecture hall seating!

BrunetteBeauty80

My 135lb boyfriend broke a chair the other day. It was one of those camp chairs, and the thing just collapsed on him. I guess one of the rivets that kept the thing together broke, but it was funny to see someone so skinny break a chair. Of course I helped him up, as he would have done if it had been me! So, no...fat girls aren't the only ones who break chairs!

Totmacher

Average-sized people break chairs too. You don't hear about it as often because it's not quite as funny or illustrative of anything, but it happens. I've broken a chair or two myself, but I don't know if I'm what you'd call average-sized.

KHayes666

Go away
NO!!

CRACK!

SPLIT!!

Silence.

Hugs,

My 130 lb sister broke one of the dining room chairs a year or so ago. Guess some are just older than others

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
My son broke lots of chairs when younger and a couch and an armchair. Simply by being a lolloping, thoughtless teenager that launches himself full force onto them.

And I broke chairs too when around 135lbs.

MissStacie

Mrs. Gnoom
I can honestly say that in all my years as a fat girl...I've broken ONE CHAIR. You know, one of those flimsy aluminum woven lawn chairs that no one in their right MIND should sit on??? Yeah, I was 16, it was the most mortifying experience of my life and will never forget it.

I knew I wasn't alone, but to know that chairs are breaking across the land, by those OTHER than our round sisters/brothers, brings a tear to my eye and love in my heart...lol

:bow:

Hugs,

Brooklyn Red Leg

Anarcho-Capitalism FTW!
As people I have lived with can attest, I have broken more than my fair share of household seating due to my girth. Eh, its a fact of life I deal with.

Mini

Right, not nice
I don't believe I've ever broken a chair, but I *have* broken overhead lights on at least three separate occasions.

(Technically four times, though I'm not counting the hanging light that got broken twice in the span of five minutes because I kept forgetting it was there.)

Raqui

NO!!

CRACK!

SPLIT!!

Silence.

Hugs,

It is Funny that I have broken only one chair by accident it was quite old. I break things during sessions on purpose by throwing myself all over on them. I find slim people break chairs and such much more often they throw themselves on everything and think it doesnt take a toll. LOL

olwen

Disco Bear
I broke one of my boss' antique wooden chairs last year. When I examined it after, the wood had already been damaged in a way that my weight and subsequent fall couldn't have damaged it. I felt bad, but then relieved when I realized that a house full of thin people had already damaged it first.

Zandoz

Highly irregular
I've broken more chairs than I can count. From office chairs, to dining chairs, to recliners, and even couches and car seats. I did in an $1000 "Big man's" chair-and-a-half recliner in under 8 months...not the wood frame, the steel part. I've even had a car seat break through the floor of a car, while moving...luckily the resulting hole was smaller than the overall seat. One of the reasons I seldom leave home is that I don't want to be responsible for breaking any more of other people's furniture.

gnoom

Pig(let)Breeder
Oh lord - did she tell the crowd what i was doing after SHE stuffed me with Nachos Supreme, a salat and this HUGE pizza? I mean - for dinner, because we had Taco Bell for luch...? She didn't, did she?

Oh Pookie, i love your capers-diet (everything exept the capers)! :wubu:

bbwlibrarian

possibly revolutionary
Oddly enough, my weight fluctuates between 325-350 and I've only broken one chair in my life. My specialty seems to be falling OUT of chairs, especially those jacked-up ones we use at the library to prop our bodies at an appropriate level at the circulation desk. I broke one of these chairs when I was an undergraduate (non-professional) during a circulation shift. It was much worse than one's average chair-breaking experience because I had several patrons waiting to be checked out, and they got to watch my fat ass fall back and land against the reserves bookcase behind the desk. Worst of all, the back and seat portions of the chair came off with me as I went back (i.e. it detached from the chair's base). We were able to fix the chair, but I'd say at least four or five other workers did the same thing after that. The last I checked, the library I worked in still hadn't replaced the damn chair, and I broke the thing six years ago.

In the vein of library chair-breaking stories, one of the (quite slender) student employees at my current library broke a chair while trying to use it as a step-ladder to get a box of maps off a high shelf. *sigh* Reckless behavoir can cause major problems. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt when the chair split.

LoveBHMS

default title
Stacie if you really cared about your FFA sisters, you'd figure out a way to resize and post that picture.

Letting FFAs know about it but not posting pics is mean.

For heaven's sake lady...TRY.

prettysteve

Miss Stacie : You are welcome to break any chair in my house anytime! You sexy lady. I can always go back to the furniture store to get a new one.:doh:

MissStacie

Mrs. Gnoom
And I will agree that he DID have some fantastic meals while he was with me...good old American Fast Food (Want a Wendy's burger, baby?), and good old fashioned home cooking from home....

I'm surprised he didn't break any more chairs! Although his pants WERE a little tight...lol Not that I was complaining!!!

Love,

Oh lord - did she tell the crowd what i was doing after SHE stuffed me with Nachos Supreme, a salat and this HUGE pizza? I mean - for dinner, because we had Taco Bell for luch...? She didn't, did she?

Oh Pookie, i love your capers-diet (everything exept the capers)! :wubu:

Latest posts