Do we still need a separate BHM/FFA board?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside
This seems like a good place to end my lengthy hiatus around here. I haven’t been around the boards -- even lurker wise -- for a long time but after reconnecting with a friend (you know who you are :batting:) I figured I’d see how everyone was doing. I’m noticing quite a few changes since I was last here (needing to log in to read posts for one – what’s up with that?) and all the spiffy new tags under familiar names.

Anyway, on-topic, I know this is only intended to be a hypothetical but I just wanted to add my name to the list of people who would be upset to see this board essentially lose its identity. Ever since I accidentally stumbled upon this place, it always felt kind of like a “sanctuary from the storm” for me as a fat guy. It was the one place you could always find someone that related to you and possibly even your struggles in life, as well as those who appreciated you for certain distinguishable traits that you might have otherwise not been very fond of yourself (heh.) There’s also a sense of tight-knit camaraderie here that I’ve personally never found on any other board and it would really blow to potentially lose that in the fray of a merger. I won’t lie and say I’ve never been a little intimidated here from time to time (although I'm sure that's more to do with social anxiety than anything) but I’ve met many really terrific people on this board since I originally joined and that’s more than I can say about practically any other online environment I’ve been a part of. I imagine it would have been considerably harder to coax myself out of my shell on any other dimensions board, so even though I haven’t been here for a long time, I still greatly appreciate this space and what it represents. I’d call it a landmark within Dimensions even.

And hey, where else can a fat guy post pictures of himself in the buff, possibly to the tune of a virtual standing ovation? I’d say that alone does a pretty good job at defining why this place is so awesome :p.

Great to see all of you again :happy:

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars
It helped to serve as a type of "catalyst" for some of the other "exclusive" boards. It's gone strong all this time.

I do believe that this site would simply have less traffic than it already does without it.

It's interesting to watch the FFAs interact with the guys. It helps me, as a BBW, see a different viewpoint of their male counterparts (FAs).

I believe that the FFAs help relieve some of the fetish aspect of the whole site (for me anyway, they do) so I would say that this board is a must-have.

It's also a "woman power" thing to me. It's good for men to be able to see a different view point of women, IMO. It's women on this site here as "admirers" instead of eye candy. (though the FFAs happen to be gorgeous :bow:)

Bite your tongue, Tad :p

KingBuu

I'm not really discouraged to come here, although I can't see it as a dating site either. I'm an agoraphobic but I'm also busy on the computer most of the day with other things. I come here to skim posts I like and see nice pictures of everyone. I find myself more welcome here than before whence I was banned by some previous management. So no I will never stop coming here and posting on occasion.

dblbellybhm

Live, Learn, Grow
It would be a shame to see this forum closed. I agree with many of the opinions that have already been posted. I feel that it is one of the more active and interesting boards. As a BHM I feel comfortable here. It is a special niche on the internet.

fat hiker

People - male and female - come to the BHM/FFA board because of shared interests which lead to an interaction on the basis of mutual adult respect of one another and each others opinions. Even if you don't agree with the other person, you treat them as an equal-ranking peer with a right to their opinion.

That does not seem to work on the other boards:

The degree of respect among people on this board is great, and one of the important reasons to keep this board. I don't follow the main discussion board on the site much, as I find that when BHM concerns are voiced there, there's often some skinny/muscular male FA calling down the BHM who posted, minimising his concerns, or even telling him to lose weight! This board has much more respect between posters.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
How about we keep this and lose Hyde Park? Aren't there better boards to fight about politics on the internet? Coming Dims to get into hardcore political discussions is like dressing in a full suit of armor and attacking a hot fudge sunday. I may have stolen that line from Vonnegut.

I'm not actually serious but it does seem silly to get that vitriolic on this site.

Last edited:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Uhm. It is a forum here (scroll down)...Where people go to argue pointlessly and be mean to each other? Mostly politics and other issues.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Great. Can i suggest you take that thought back to HP as a new thread? Thats probably a more accurate place for that particular convo to take place.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Meant it more specifically as if we are all going to debate HP specifically, it would make sense to do it on HP. Because it is, you know, the debating forum.

This has always been my favourite forum, blondeunicorn. Followed by the lounge. No, wait. Do i like the stories board more? That isn't a forum so much...deserves its own category, methinks :D

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Meant it more specifically as if we are all going to debate HP specifically, it would make sense to do it on HP. Because it is, you know, the debating forum.

... or if you want to be less euphemistic about it, HP is a sort of political pig pen with lots of mud throwing over fringe issues going on....

This has always been my favourite forum, blondeunicorn. Followed by the lounge. No, wait. Do i like the stories board more? That isn't a forum so much...deserves its own category, methinks :D

That was a narrow miss Young Lady! That you of all people would not credit the Library with what it is due..... ;)

Latest posts