Do you cry

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

JulieD

Maybe he felt bad about it? I'm not condoning the doing of shitty things to people but doing something selfish and hurtful and then feeling guilty or bad about it is a fairly normal reaction. It's also pretty bogus to lump every guy that cries into a group that pays for your bad experience (though much like his prerogative to cry, it's certainly yours to do so). I'm not trying to have to deal with a scornful grudge-baby. ;) I'd hate to think you applied this sort of thinking to other situations. :confused: Not trying to be mean, just genuinely surprised.
Well, I did say that given a valid reason to cry, I would be more accepting of it, so I don't think I'm lumping every guy that cries into a category who will have to pay for my one bad experience...and I am certainly not into holding on to a grudge. But with that being said, if you try something that puts a bad taste in your mouth, you have a tendency to avoid that same something, because you have had a bad experience with it in the past. That doesn't mean that it is always like that, it could just have been a fluke that the particular something that you tried was bad, leaving you with a hesitation of trying it again, you know?

Do you cry when you hurt someone you love? 'Cause I sure as hell do. Doesn't that make you a little insensitive to think he was in the wrong for crying?

If that was the situation and he actually did love me, then I would be more ok with him crying...but that's not the case. I don't doubt that he didn't feel bad for being shitty, but it didn't feel like he cried out of remorse for any wrong doing, more like he cried out of getting caught...kinda like when a little kid cries when they know they are in trouble... I have much more respect for anyone, man or woman, who fesses up to their wrong doings and deals with the consequences like a grown-up...maybe that makes me insensitive, but I just don't have time for grown-up children...again, time to pull up the big boy paints and deal with it.

I'm not saying that I am right for the way I see this, but they are my ways for my reasons, and I have lived and learned enough to know better then to carve this into stone...but any adult who cries because they got caught doing something shitty is lame. I guess all I'm saying is man up to your wrong doings, acknowledge what you did wrong and change your actions instantly...and stop crying about it, you brought it on your self.

luvbigfellas

Has lips like morphine
I cry when I see the episode of Roseanne where Darlene's baby was born. And the last episode. I cry every time at the end of Sense and Sensibility. And at the scene in Top Gun where Goose dies.

Dromond

Pleasantly abstruse.
I don't cry a lot. I never cry because of physical pain, and the most a movie will do to me is make me a bit misty eyed. The only thing that can make me cry for real is emotional pain, and that takes a bit to bring it out.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
Crying is a natural response. I have more respect for a man who is able to cry than one who thinks it isn't manly. If I'm in a relationship with a man and he's sharing something special that chokes him up or because the moment is so emotional, it only makes me love him more.

The only exception is using tears as manipulation which I won't put up with from any gender.

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
Normally when I cry at something, it's always, always relevant to something excessively emotional (happy or sad) that has to do with something I'm invested in ending.

I've cried at the weirdest spots because of this. I've cried in everything from reading The Outsiders to Freak the Mighty for the emotional parts, to the end books of Harry Potter and Animorphs purely because you get attached to those characters and I'm always teared up by a series ending. Hell, I teared up at the end of each and every season of Digimon. I don't like endings. It's oen of the reasons this song always incites that emotion even though I don't actually tear up every time I listen to it.

Other than that, I tend to get tears in my eyes when I get really passionate about something to the point of frustration or anger, or even sometimes in moments of overwhelming happiness (if that makes sense).

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
So...
I was dating this guy who did something pretty shitty to me and he ended up breaking my heart, just a little. So I'm laying there in the hotel room, am I'm upset, crying...the next thing I noticed...he was crying too!! I'm sorry, but if you do something selfish and hurtful to another person, you don't have a right to cry about it!!! So, ever since then...it turns me off when a guy cries, I feel like they are a baby, and I'm not trying to have to deal with a big man-baby...but I'm sure that given a valid reason to cry, I would be more accepting of it, but right now that situation has me turned off to crying man-babies.

maybe he felt bad after seeing you cry,not saying what the guy did was right by any means,just saying sometimes a cry can trigger in you by seeing someone else emotional and crying.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
I tend to leave the room when I can tell those parts are coming....sudden need to get a glass of water or something. Yes, it is because I know I'll freaking tear up when they tug at our heartstrings, and I hate how easily my emotions can be manipulated by a show!

i agree when Marissa died on The OC,i did get alittle misty eyed.:(

I cry sometimes, admittedly more recently than I have ever done before...for certain reasons. Certain movies hit me, The Green Mile and Dead Poets Society (my favorite film) come to mind immediatly. TV tends not to get me too emotional. But i'm definitly not afraid to cry or admit to it, frankly if you don't i'd be a bit concerned.

if you don't cry on the Titanic or The Notebook,something is definitly wrong.LOL

Im a very emotional person. Ive cried at tv shows and movies. Certain songs come on the radio and Im crying like a baby. There have even been times Ive read greeting cards in the store and started crying. It gets a few stares from people but oh well thats life.

I think its fine if a man cries. It shows to me that they are human and they have feelings too. Of course if he starts crying, Im gonna start too. :doh:

me too! when you hear a certain song that is personal to you or takes you back to a certain experience or point in time,it can tug on those heart strings.somethings just triggers people's emotions differently.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I don't consider myself a typical "macho" Mexican man, but the last time I cried was at my grandma's funeral, and it was from laughter, because she was an absolute riot and she told us not to cry at her funeral because she didn't want us creating a spectacle.

In fact, every time we would go to funerals she would pull us aside and tell us not to be like "THAT person" who was not crying, but weeping and making a big scene.

I feel a little heartless because Frodo never brought me to tears. Although I did get a little sad when Michael Scott left The Office.

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
Although I did get a little sad when Michael Scott left The Office.

right?! when pam caught him in the airport? ugh... not saying that i teared up there but, hypothetically, if i were going to tear up i might've at that point...;)

It really depends on the guy and what he is crying about. If a guy was crying at his own wedding or a sad part in a movie ..ok that is cute. A guy crying over Brittney Spears........

chris-crocker-crying-tm.jpg%3Fw%3D400%26h%3D332

NOT CUTE.

This however is..cute..

129154131612725427.jpg

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Because when I'm crying I give a shit about looking cute or trying to fit into your gender roles.

If I'm sad enough, I'll fucking cry.

Lorenzo670

So...
I was dating this guy who did something pretty shitty to me and he ended up breaking my heart, just a little. So I'm laying there in the hotel room, am I'm upset, crying...the next thing I noticed...he was crying too!! I'm sorry, but if you do something selfish and hurtful to another person, you don't have a right to cry about it!!! So, ever since then...it turns me off when a guy cries, I feel like they are a baby, and I'm not trying to have to deal with a big man-baby...but I'm sure that given a valid reason to cry, I would be more accepting of it, but right now that situation has me turned off to crying man-babies.

wii man i think they need be strong and if u is not he didnt show his week 2 woman

You never know where the next miracle, is gonna happen, the next smile, the next wish come true.But when you believe in it then it might get it!

Bighairyman

right?! when pam caught him in the airport? ugh... not saying that i teared up there but, hypothetically, if i were going to tear up i might've at that point...;)

I teared up at that point. I think that tv shows are the worst when they end. I mean you get to know the characters so much longer then you do in a movie.

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
wii man i think they need be strong and if u is not he didnt show his week 2 woman

You never know where the next miracle, is gonna happen, the next smile, the next wish come true.But when you believe in it then it might get it!

Grammar-Nazi-2.jpg

Twilley

I'm kind of a softie when it comes to this sort of stuff; it doesn't take much for a movie to make me misty eyed, particularly anything that resonates with things I've experienced. But since I've reached adulthood, the only movie to make me totally lose it has been Where The Wild Things Are. I empathized so much with that movie, particularly the characters of Carol and Max, that by the end of it my friends had to help walk me out of the theater. I was a damn mess.

PhiloGirl

is still around
I find a man who is sensitive and in touch with his feelings to be very attractive! I agree... if you go to pieces over Britney Spears' negative publicity... I'm probably not going to be attracted to you romantically. But I want a guy who has a nuanced emotional range. :wubu:

daddyoh70

DYELB?
There are 2 songs that will make me cry as soon as I hear them. Fortunately they are quite rare, but they have great emotional ties to events in my life. I've cried at movies and funerals. When I had to put my 2 dogs down (7 months apart), I wailed to the point that my wife thought I was going to have to be committed. I find crying to be one of the best therapies ever.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
And we elect your people to office, including President, where he can get all emotional and blow us all to bits!!

:eek:

:D