• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Do you have emotional scars from growing up fat in a cruel world?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMildlyStrangeone

Growing up, being fat, I was tortured and made fun ofconstantly. My nickname in one school was 'loafy' (I can remember numerous others but there's no sense in posting them here)

loafy.jpg

(If you were a kid in the 90's, I'm sure you remember Loafy)

It was pretty hard to deal with a lot of the constant teasing. Especially because I didn't get very heavy until I was 10 or 11 years old. Before that, I was in every athletic program and loved playing sports. When I gained a lot of weight, it became difficult to do a lot of the exercises required during practice, which was a source of embarrassment. At points I was suicidal about it (Mainly during middle school and some high school) Luckily, it got better as I advanced into high school and college. Sure, there was the odd jerkoff who would like to make himself feel better by putting me down but it was the exception, not the rule.

I think I dealt with it by becoming very self-deprecating. I used it to deflect people's attempts to put me down by doing it myself. This was not a good solution as it further destroyed my confidence.

So, I am just curious about others stories. Maybe some examples of the worst teasing you experienced. How you dealt with it if you grew up fat and related stories.

Back