Do you have fetish radar?

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by Shh! Don’t tell!, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jun 5, 2019 #1

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

Can you ever pick up on whether or not someone has a weight gain or food fetish? I’ve done it accurately a couple times. It’s definitely not about whether someone’s fat or not, it has more to do behavior and sometimes just a vibe that I pick up on from some people.

Note-Obviously, most of the time I can’t confirm my suspicions because it’s not something that you just casually ask a person. But in a handful of cases I’ve had it confirmed or practically confirmed.

happily_married likes this.
  2. Jun 5, 2019 #2

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

I can think of a couple different people who, when I first met them, I guess this person was wild once she got to know a person. Not necessarily weight gain or into that, but a definite wild and naughty side.

Other than those cases it’s just a guess.

Shh! Don’t tell! likes this.
  3. Jun 5, 2019 #3

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

When chatting on line, fetishes and kinks come out pretty quickly. There are the tells along with odd questions. For example a man who loves huge women having a smart car and then another very small car. Probably loves the tilt and sink when a big lady gets in a small car, also possibly likes when they get stuck.

4. Jun 5, 2019 #4

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

Seems like chatting online it’s no holds barred. Under the safety of anonymity people can just get straight to the point. The sexuality forum is full of it: new members share their fetish and ask if anyone else has the same fetish. It’s a safe place because if there is no response that person can quietly move on until he finds what he’s looking for.

In person it’s much harder. It takes a certain degree of trust to be able to share with someone something that maybe you don’t even understand but nonetheless is part of your makeup. The risk of judgment from an actual person, maybe even someone you’ve built a friendship/relationship/acquaintance with. In many ways it takes a little courage to “come out” with a fetish if it isn’t something mainstream. Online it’s much easier.

5. Jun 6, 2019 #5

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

I wouldn't call this a "fetish radar" . Rather my "Fat Admirer sense" or "F.A. Spidersense" to describe the type of hunch I've begun to experience over years when I fell onto any woman who had showcase latent, fledgling or growing signs of either adipophilia, addictive eating binge or fixation toward increasing their size.

Sometimes, these hunchs has gone afar as sensing or even having vivid dreams a fewer times of what women who aren't into this could potentially be, but who has gone to risk to eventually gain a massive amount of weight in a nearby future either for random reasons or because somehow there has persuasive patterns along their path that can be set in sort to favor such outcome-- going from just getting closer to them to the point of just suggesting nonverbally to them at first glance: happened thrice and I get both horrified and flabbergasted by the results. One of them ended up a couple of hundreds of pounds much heavier than she used to be in a lapse of just a few years. I avoid that since then.

That's a little weird to explain. This is almost bordering on some sort of ability to intuitively detect, analyse and somehow manipulate an intrinsic set of patterns I get used to evolve into, which is bordering in what some might call more vulgarily nigh-precognition? Or this is just because I'm over-empathetic.

6. Jun 9, 2019 #6

Lostonline040

Lostonline040

Lostonline040

Y'know, i dont think ive ever met someone in real life that ive suspected of being an FA or feederist etc. Either my radars broken or im the only man of culture i know ;)

7. Jun 10, 2019 #7

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

Sometimes I'll watch episodes of 600lb life or other documentaries and see signs of Feedism with a couple of the show's participants. Though in other episodes it shows emotional abuse, lymphodema, hypothyroidism, food addiction as major causes or the roots of their issues.

John Smith likes this.
  8. Jun 11, 2019 #8

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

Perhaps because some of them were legitimate feedees, well known by the community.

9. Jun 11, 2019 #9

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I've noticed that a few people around me show signs of being FA's or gainers. I'm talking about people, who only seem to date fat guys or seem to have a positive attitude about their own fat. I wouldn't call it fetish radar. I'm just making reasonable deductions from observed facts. I would expect that some people are more perspicacious than I and might pick up on things that I miss, maybe without even being able to pin down the reasons for their conclusions. This could well be called fetish radar but I wouldn't use those words to describe my own observations.

10. Jun 11, 2019 #10

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Occasionally I spot a couple that I'm sure has an FA in it. Even more rarely I'll manage to catch the FA's eye for a knowing smile -- part of the giveaway is that their eyes tend to be glued to their partner :D

Shotha likes this.
  11. Jun 11, 2019 #11

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Loves a challenge! Staff Member Global Moderator

Does a person have to be an FA or a feeder to be a "man of culture"?o_O

12. Jun 11, 2019 #12

TheNowhereMan

TheNowhereMan

TheNowhereMan

Rambling Rover

At times I can see it but it's not always easy to tell :/

13. Jun 11, 2019 #13

TheNowhereMan

TheNowhereMan

TheNowhereMan

Rambling Rover

Imo yes haha

14. Jun 11, 2019 #14

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

Yes.

15. Jun 12, 2019 #15

TheNowhereMan

TheNowhereMan

TheNowhereMan

Rambling Rover

Well yeah, that does make it obvious. I thought we meant like figuring it out without that sort of thing.

16. Jun 12, 2019 #16

Geodude

Geodude

Geodude

FA-dar. I'm sure it exists in a sense when you're out with a larger friend etc or are pretty big yourself you'll see it in people's looks who's admiring and who's not.

I walked around a superstore with a big female friend once and the times we weren't travelling in a pack I got the chance to see a few guys with their eyes bulging

Shotha likes this.
  17. Jun 12, 2019 #17

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I've had exactly the same reaction from guys, when I've been out about town with a large female friend. They're sort-of right but not quite, because I'm gay.

18. Jun 12, 2019 #18

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

There's something else that one might take into account in try to spot other FA's or FFA's. Psychiatrists and psychologists are taught to observe not just the things, which their clients talk about, but also the things which they avoid. I remember that, when I was younger, I very quickly came to terms with being gay, because there was plenty of literature that told me that it was OK, even if the law said it wasn't. But there was no mention of people, who preferred fat partners. I couldn't look at a fat guy or even a photo of a fat guy without getting embarrassed, blushing and nervous. I had to look the other way. Even the mention of the word "fat" made me feel vulnerable. Of course, avoidance is harder to spot than engagement.

Shh! Don’t tell! likes this.
  19. Jun 12, 2019 #19

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

I was exactly like this as a child. When I would even hear someone talking about someone eating too much I would get embarrassed and even scared.

Shotha likes this.
  20. Jun 12, 2019 #20

Volt01

Volt01

Volt01

VOLKSWAGEN DRIVING SHORTSTACK LOVING BADASS

I thought i was the only one! i have aspergers and it gave me a superpower, i am very observant. they say im "deadly" because of it. but i can tell if they have a fetish fer sher.

Shotha likes this.