Do you have trouble giving compliments on strangers’ bodies?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tragdor

Abide
I frequent the Pay Site board, like many of the men who frequent this board. I have never complimented any of the models. The longest time I really didn’t think about this, because I have never had the desire to compliment random starngers on their bodies.

But upon reflection I realize that on some level I feel very uncomfortable complimenting the body of people who I am not aquatinted with. I almost feel like if I would ever did compliment the body of someone I was not aquatinted with (even in the context of a place like the paysite board where bodily compliments are normal) that the people I would compliment would think that I was creepy or rude.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I'm somewhat the same way. I have occasionally complimented one of the paysite models, but the praise is usually for an attractive hairdo, an elegant outfit, or the artistic composition of the shot. These are all the results of the lady's ingenuity and taste: she has made an effort to create a beautiful arrangement, and I want to show that I appreciate it. If her left shoulderblade is a miracle of beauty, that's fine, too, but I'm less interested in what God gave her than in what she does with it. But maybe that's just me...:confused:

olwen

Disco Bear
I think it just depends on the compliments and the setting and the strangers. Walking up to a total stranger at random and saying "You're so beautiful" over and over again is definietely creepy. Saying it once to someone during a party should be okay.

Tragdor

Abide
I think it just depends on the compliments and the setting and the strangers. Walking up to a total stranger at random and saying "You're so beautiful" over and over again is definietely creepy. Saying it once to someone during a party should be okay.

agreed. I think my problem may be be that I am using the norms of "real life" interaction to judge my online social interaction. *shurg*

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
I think that part of it may have something to do with where the compliments are being given.

If it's on the forums, remember, it's the internet, so it's somewhat anonymous.

I try to give my compliments privately, away from the forums. Being married to a webmodel, I think it would be disrespectful to my wife to publicly compliment other women, while I try to stay away from posting on my wife's paysite updates. Someone has to post something REALLY special to draw a public comment from the wrestlingguy.

I also think it means more when one is specific about something in a photo that you find particularly attractive, like new hair color or style, a hot outfit, something that made that particular photo special to you.

Paysite girls, hell, all women (yeah,men too), put photos on the internet for different reasons. Some for money, some to get their 15 minutes of fame, some to land men, some to boost their self esteem, and some are just plain old exhibitionists. All of them, regardless of reason, appreciate a well thought out compliment.

I think face to face compliments should be well thought out and specific too, rather than saying something as simple as "hey, nice tits".

pepso

People fear social rejection, its an almost universal problem (there are some people who cut through social situations like butter). I have no trouble complimenting strangers on things that everyone can find beautiful, such as a smile, eyes, laugh, etc. I'm getting good at complimenting people for their personalities. But for anything sexual like "nice tits".... its kind of obvious why that's awkward, it doesn't feel right to someone you don't know well. And your mind knows what normally happens when you compliment someone's body.... *SMACK*. All encompassing statements aren't too bad "You're gorgeous/incredible/amazing/adjective." This is a contextual subject really....

goodthings

I frequent the Pay Site board, like many of the men who frequent this board. I have never complimented any of the models. The longest time I really didn’t think about this, because I have never had the desire to compliment random starngers on their bodies.

But upon reflection I realize that on some level I feel very uncomfortable complimenting the body of people who I am not aquatinted with. I almost feel like if I would ever did compliment the body of someone I was not aquatinted with (even in the context of a place like the paysite board where bodily compliments are normal) that the people I would compliment would think that I was creepy or rude.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I have complemented others, even strangers, but it is ususally for things like eyes, smiles, eyelashes that sort of thing, once or twice when I was being naughty I may have admired a bum or two...heehee

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Oh, I'm gonna establish "Compliment a Complete Stranger" month in June... Maybe once I get it kickin', it could become a nationwide event each year... :D

kayrae

doot doot doot
I'm a girl, so women generally don't get mad when I compliment them on their tits :p

Cors

Delurking
I'm a girl, so women generally don't get mad when I compliment them on their tits :p

That is true here on Dims.

I have less-than-positive experiences when I try to compliment big girls in real life though. :/

Happenstance

Cautious Pessimist
I'm usually paranoid that my giving compliments will sound like I want something. This applies to real life as well.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I'm the exact opposite of the OP.

IRL, I basically never get compliments for anything...so I tend to throw them out there to everyone, secretly hoping that the compliment fairy will reward my good deeds, one day.

Let me tell you: the compliment fairy is a dirty whore.

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars
I'm the exact opposite of the OP.

IRL, I basically never get compliments for anything...so I tend to throw them out there to everyone, secretly hoping that the compliment fairy will reward my good deeds, one day.

Hey hey hey!!!!!

Ooooppppsss...well, you just got me all hot and bothered by calling me names so let me return the favor beautiful :batting: :smitten: :p :)

pepso

I have to shower someone with compliments to even get a sliver of one, so I think your little fairy just heavily dislikes me

Just_Jen

Woot!
i usually have no problem complimenting people, no matter who they are there's something nice about them. I usually think about how much i like compliments and how one small thing can make my day and i like to think that giving someone else a compliment has the same effect. i think if someone's made an effort then they should definately be complimented.

Is it much easier for women to compliment people then men? Because a womens less likely to come off as a creepy stalker (unless they go to far of course)...

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
I think something similar to what Phil eluded to... sometimes complimenting the photos certainly implies favor to the body in the photo, while removing some of the weird feeling that might arise by being body specific.

Although, as a girl in that position, I enjoy having someone pick out something that they like in the photo. There's a way to do that without being creepy or odd, and it's very rare that I get that vibe from the comments. Some of the best comments I've ever had have been hair specific... hahaha, for some reason those always stick with me. :)

If you feel it, then feel free to share - it's always nice to get feedback. :)

RedHotAva

I always give compliments when something strikes me... I know how awesome it feels to be complimented by someone who is just randomly taken with something about me (anything really, just the fact that i smile every day was my fav compliment ever), so whenever a positive thought pops in my head, I make sure it pops out my mouth too. I think it is easier to do that as a woman, as far as reaction is concerned.

Latest posts