Do you like being fat? And if so why or why not?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
This a question that was asked in another forum that I recently became a member of. Just curious of the replies here and how they differ from what I've read there. Just to clear the air, I love being fat and I enjoy all the aspects of it. Just curious of what people here think?
@AmyJo1976

Just out of interest: any findings about differences?

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
@AmyJo1976

Just out of interest: any findings about differences?
Surprisingly, they're quite similar. There were more people that didn't like being fat than did, but it's not a sized focused forum either. The yes answers were for a lot of the same reasons that were stated here.

BigNia

Yes, I do like being fat and also getting fatter than I used to be. I find myself being aroused by new fat that I gain. I do eat marginally healthy and exercise with bicycle rides nearly daily. I even googled it and some companies make bicycles for people who weigh 400lbs or more. I'd say I'm in decent shape, fitness wise, but would like that shape to be much larger.

My answer over all is no. I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 282 lbs. I was up to 320 lbs. I have been experiencing chronic pain in my lower half. Every joint hurts ALL THE TIME. I'm T2 Diabetic with high BP and Cholesterol. I have no desire to get thin, but I would like to be smaller in order to get rid of the pain and discomfort and possibly reverse the diabetes. Other than that I have gotten to be a little more confident with my looks and my bigger body over the years. For me i think when i physically feel better- i will be better mentally and have a lot more love for my body!

lawriesv

My answer over all is no. I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 282 lbs. I was up to 320 lbs. I have been experiencing chronic pain in my lower half. Every joint hurts ALL THE TIME. I'm T2 Diabetic with high BP and Cholesterol. I have no desire to get thin, but I would like to be smaller in order to get rid of the pain and discomfort and possibly reverse the diabetes. Other than that I have gotten to be a little more confident with my looks and my bigger body over the years. For me i think when i physically feel better- i will be better mentally and have a lot more love for my body!
Given what you wrote, would it be beneficial for you to adopt a low-carbohydrate (and, therefore, low sugar) diet, and get your Calories from fats (except trans-fats) and proteins? Coupled with an exercise regime, that may alleviate at least most of the adverse symptoms you list.

Tank

I've actually never really given it much thought since I've always been a big girl. I guess when I was younger I just wanted to be skinny but nowadays I like how I look. I hope someday to share my life with someone who appreciates me and how I look also❤
When are you gonna post more pics of yourself?

Shotha

DM Supporter
And I like being fat because of moments like this:

Fat and Happy Moments

Slimmer…

(2021/05/24 Monday)

I went into my favourite café to have a late lunch. My friend James joined the queue behind me at the counter and said hello. We placed our orders and went to sit by the window at the front of the café.

James asked me, “Do you know that other guy called Frank, who hangs out a lot in the library?”

I replied, “I know a guy called Frank, who hangs out there, but I don’t know if it’s the Frank that you’re thinking of.”

James asked, “So what does your Frank look like?”

I said, “He’s a little shorter than me, he’s got brown hair and he’s quite slim…”

“Slim!?” exclaimed James. “Well, that’s not very helpful, because just about everyone’s slimmer than you!”

I had to look away to hide how pleased I was about this remark.

Given what you wrote, would it be beneficial for you to adopt a low-carbohydrate (and, therefore, low sugar) diet, and get your Calories from fats (except trans-fats) and proteins? Coupled with an exercise regime, that may alleviate at least most of the adverse symptoms you list.
100%. LOL My problem has never been not knowing what I need to and should be doing.

coolbreeze

no.
those low carb diets only produce temporary results, often that is just from water shifts. more important, the low carb/high fat diets will send your cholesterol and sugar through the roof. Fat is toxic to your pancreatic islet cells.
going on a high fruit diet, with nuts (yes they have fat but are not toxic to the pancreas) eating oatmeal every morning, but avoiding processed starches, like pasta, will help you to loose weight, and be healthier.

Marshmallow Minotaur

Short fat bear
Yes I like being fat. I didn’t used to. I had a fatphobia, about myself and others. I ashamedly admit I’d see a fat person eating an ice cream cone, for example, and think “do they really need that?” I was somewhat athletic ... runner, mountain biker, weightlifter ... and hated the idea of getting fat. I was as much a fatphobe as was an internalized homophobe before I accepted being gay. I was horrible. 😥

But something changed. I’m not exactly sure what, but I think it had to do with getting more towards powerlifting. I was beginning to like “padded muscle”. Then seeing a gut on a weightlifter. I remember seeing Mike Francois in a Muscle & Fitness issue with a big gut. I got so turned on I had to ... well, you know. Then it was chubby guys in general, your average Joe Fat that I started to find arousingly attractive. By this time I was getting fat, myself. I had mixed feelings. I wanted to look like those guys, yet I wanted to look like Chris Evans (yeah, as if). I saw myself in a dept. store mirror, my polo shirt stretched over my belly and I actually liked it. That shirt was about two sizes ago. 😆

So anyway, I wavered for a few years of joining and quitting Weight Watchers, then liking getting fat, then hating it. I’m 5’6” and got up to 245 lbs, size 44 pants, 53” belly. I was shooting for 260-270, 55-56” belly, 46-48 pants. I wanted to be obese, relative to my height. I was proud of it but I unintentionally lost 30 lbs last year from increased general activity. I’m trying to gain again because I like being fat. I love my belly. I’m 223 now but I’m not eating enough to be gaining. I’d still like to pass 245-250.

So yeah, I love being fat. And btw, sorry this was so long ... I tend to write novels. :confused:

Colonial Warrior

In part, yes. I like to have a big body. Like a pro wrestlers such as The Big Show, Mark Henry, or the late Big Van Vader.

In part, no. From a couple of years I was starting to get belly issues. I don't want to reach the point of immobility.

Also I always have problems to find a SSBBW who is interested in having a relationship with me.

I'm now 354 and I have an attraction to women bigger and taller than me.

Mystic Rain

Mewtwo is life
That's a weighted (pardon the pun) question. I have a love/hate relationship with my body, but for the most part, I am not particularly thrilled about it. However, I don't know what it's like to be thinner than 170ish pounds, which happened at one point in my life.

As a kid, I was fat and just kept getting bigger because I had an enormous appetite and was eating constantly. I was always hungry. I was teased mercilessly in school, and home, and therefore have no self-esteem or confidence.

Sometime right before graduating high school, I made a change that led to slimming down to the aforementioned size. That was short-lived once I joined the work force, and the nature of my employer contributed to pounds creeping back on. Other life changes over time added stress and I ballooned to the highest weight I have ever been at 312 pounds, nearly out growing size 28.

I then lost weight down to 275-280 without trying and 9 years ago was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Since then, my weight has fluctuated up and down like a seesaw as I try to keep it in control, stressors in my life not helping. It's terribly frustrating because while I try to stick to a certain regimen, my weight continues to tick upwards. Also, because of no matter what I do, I want to say eff it, cave in to my inhibitions, and just gorge to my belly and heart's content from now on.

I seem predestined to be fat (getting fatter) anyway, and I am so tired of fighting a losing battle, but... I don't really want to do that either. I am very conflicted. ☹

Last edited:

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
I wanted to add that one thing I do not like about being fat (non physical), is the way society can act towards fat bodied people. Offering unsolicited advice and/or assuming anyone who is fat is always trying to lose weight, treating us less than human or like we are not worthy of love, relationships, respect, etc. That part SUCKS with a capital S. 😑😒

fat hiker

no.
those low carb diets only produce temporary results, often that is just from water shifts. more important, the low carb/high fat diets will send your cholesterol and sugar through the roof. Fat is toxic to your pancreatic islet cells.
going on a high fruit diet, with nuts (yes they have fat but are not toxic to the pancreas) eating oatmeal every morning, but avoiding processed starches, like pasta, will help you to loose weight, and be healthier.
A low/no sugar diet would be helpful though, from experience and medical literature. Refined sugar alone produces many of the symptoms FluffyButterfly mentions. Avoiding refined sugar obviates many health troubles.

A low/no sugar diet would be helpful though, from experience and medical literature. Refined sugar alone produces many of the symptoms FluffyButterfly mentions. Avoiding refined sugar obviates many health troubles.
This is the direction I'm looking at going... getting rid of sugar and flour. It's hard to make myself really get going with it though lol

Shotha

DM Supporter
I wanted to add that one thing I do not like about being fat (non physical), is the way society can act towards fat bodied people. Offering unsolicited advice and/or assuming anyone who is fat is always trying to lose weight, treating us less than human or like we are not worthy of love, relationships, respect, etc. That part SUCKS with a capital S. 😑😒
I've spent a lot of my life campaigning against various forms of discrimination, including racism and sexism. A large part of my life has been devoted to gay rights. These days I've started to work on fatphobia. I wonder if that is why I don't receive many fatphobic comments. I'm also also aware that fat women are treated worse than fat man. I wonder if dealing with fatphobia would make a good topic for a thread of its own.

coolbreeze

there is sugar in fruit. why are you promoting a diet devoid of fruit?