Do you like being fat? And if so why or why not?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Roundy

I love being larger than most people around me. I guess that is because I was so skinny and one point in my life. That makes sense to me anyway.
I actually like being fat and feeling my fat jiggle when I walk.
The belly goes one way and my butt fat goes the other way when I walk.
Feeling my thighs rub as I walk and having my lower belly move side to side feels quite erotic.
That probably sounds crazy LOLOL
It sounds pretty accurate
I also like my double chin
☺️

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
I imagine a lot of people Enjoy that extra weight I dated quite a few Large women and I'm still in contact with most of them to this day. They really loved their bodies and completely understood the sensuality that went along with it. As we all have gotten older, most of them have started to really regret gaining and retaining all of that weight. It has begun to cause painful mobility issues with many of them. For others, it was diabetes and the complications with it.
It's been tough for most of them to lose weight. After 40, the metabolism just isn't what it used to be. And then trying to exercise it off after you have developed bad knees or hips is a real nightmare.

I guess that I'm thinking that being a bigger size is far more suited for somebody younger.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on that?

I imagine a lot of people Enjoy that extra weight I dated quite a few Large women and I'm still in contact with most of them to this day. They really loved their bodies and completely understood the sensuality that went along with it. As we all have gotten older, most of them have started to really regret gaining and retaining all of that weight. It has begun to cause painful mobility issues with many of them. For others, it was diabetes and the complications with it.
It's been tough for most of them to lose weight. After 40, the metabolism just isn't what it used to be. And then trying to exercise it off after you have developed bad knees or hips is a real nightmare.

I guess that I'm thinking that being a bigger size is far more suited for somebody younger.

When your built like bear, you can't expect to run and leap like a gazelle.

BHMINTX

Get some fashion advice on what looks good on a larger man. Lots of that online.
I will say sharp dressed men come in all sizes so don't use your size as a excuse you can't find clothes that fit.
Acceptance of your body comes from you.

True!

I just went clothes shopping last week as I've outgrown most of my clothes. Luckily, Dillard's at the mall has a tall and big section and I qualify for both. LOL

I'm 6'7" tall and I'm almost 300 pounds. I've gone from 2XL shirts to 3XL, and from 42 inch waist pants to 46. (44 were a bit snug). I found really nice dress slacks and jeans at Dillard's. I'll outgrow these too soon enough. :p

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod

being fat is for sure most easily enjoyed when you are young, but the flip side is that for most people it takes time to put on a lot of weight, or some age to have the confidence to do it, or time in the labour market to feel safe enough about discrimination or to move in to less active jobs ... and fo course once you are fat, do you want to lose the weight?

A few years ago I heard an interview with a researcher on aging, who commented that we are recently learning a lot about many low-level anti-aging features in our body (things at the cellular and ever molecular level that fight detioration). And he commented something to the effect that it seems that most of them wear our around 50, give-or-take a bit based on lifestyle. And I've seen other research that has noted how in some ways a good model for the health effects of being fat is earlier aging. Putting those together, I wonder how much bigger people wear out those mechanisms more quickly, both the low level ones and the more noticeable ones like joints or the pancreas?

Of course if being fat causes the body to age more quickly, that would suggest holding off on getting fat for longer, to not spend as much time in that fast aging state. And maybe gaining when you are a bit older is more likely to stop at a size that is sustainable at a certain age? Like what you can handle in your 20s may well be too much in your 40s, but maybe in your late 30s you'd not go quite as high?

No answers or great insights, just some random thoughts around your question.

being fat is for sure most easily enjoyed when you are young, but the flip side is that for most people it takes time to put on a lot of weight, or some age to have the confidence to do it, or time in the labour market to feel safe enough about discrimination or to move in to less active jobs ... and fo course once you are fat, do you want to lose the weight?

A few years ago I heard an interview with a researcher on aging, who commented that we are recently learning a lot about many low-level anti-aging features in our body (things at the cellular and ever molecular level that fight detioration). And he commented something to the effect that it seems that most of them wear our around 50, give-or-take a bit based on lifestyle. And I've seen other research that has noted how in some ways a good model for the health effects of being fat is earlier aging. Putting those together, I wonder how much bigger people wear out those mechanisms more quickly, both the low level ones and the more noticeable ones like joints or the pancreas?

Of course if being fat causes the body to age more quickly, that would suggest holding off on getting fat for longer, to not spend as much time in that fast aging state. And maybe gaining when you are a bit older is more likely to stop at a size that is sustainable at a certain age? Like what you can handle in your 20s may well be too much in your 40s, but maybe in your late 30s you'd not go quite as high?

There are, however, some pluses to the way that fat people age. I had long thought that fat people have a better skin tone as the grow old. And then, one day, I heard a cosmetic surgeon talking about this on TV. He explained that the fat fills out the skin and smoothes out the wrinkles. So, fat is nature's Botox. It fills in all of the cracks. I think that I'd rather be old and round than old and wrinkly.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
There are, however, some pluses to the way that fat people age. I had long thought that fat people have a better skin tone as the grow old. And then, one day, I heard a cosmetic surgeon talking about this on TV. He explained that the fat fills out the skin and smoothes out the wrinkles. So, fat is nature's Botox. It fills in all of the cracks. I think that I'd rather be old and round than old and wrinkly.
For sure!

True!

I just went clothes shopping last week as I've outgrown most of my clothes. Luckily, Dillard's at the mall has a tall and big section and I qualify for both. LOL

I'm 6'7" tall and I'm almost 300 pounds. I've gone from 2XL shirts to 3XL, and from 42 inch waist pants to 46. (44 were a bit snug). I found really nice dress slacks and jeans at Dillard's. I'll outgrow these too soon enough. :p
When I went 53 inches I could not remember 44 - 46 inches. I have had all the surgeries to fix my injuries and taken 18 months to get back to 45 inches and descending. Before accident I would have got down a lot faster.
There is always hope if you want to loose some.

kilo riley

Not loving being super heavy today mainly because of how fast I get winded and need to sit down. It's not even the feeling of losing ones breath. It's having to caddy all the heavy weight around that gets tiring very quickly.

Ive been pushing myself to walk more so maybe there's an adaption period.

Last edited:

waldo

I seem to recall that aging can be affected (accelerated) by chronic inflammation in the body. And, as I also recall, when you gain a lot of weight in the abdominal area, especially the so-called brown fat that can surround your vital organs, chronic inflammation becomes quite apparent. One of the reasons that extreme pear-shaped women seem to do better, on average, than other people of similar weight, is that so much of their fat is in the butt and legs which is non-inflammatory white fat (literally good fat versus bad, just as with HDL versus LDL cholesterol). So that leaves us men and apple and papple shaped women to bear the greater brunt of the effects of obesity on our health....

waldo

Yes, it really is unfortunate when people pack on a lot of weight in their 20s and 30s and still maintain reasonable health, only to be hammered (blindsided?) in their 40s and 50s with weight-related health and mobility issues. I sometimes think the smartest thing I ever did was to tell my wife (in her 20s and about 300 lbs at the time) NOT to continue gaining, even though she wanted to because she knew 400+ lbs was my great desire. She is still resentful of me looking at larger women online, but at 47, her health is not too bad and she is quite active (still in the 270-280 lb range). FA fantasy and cold hard reality do not make a good match. It really can suck to be an FA. Some people have said they wouldn't want to change that aspect of themselves for anything. I am not so sure.........

This a question that was asked in another forum that I recently became a member of. Just curious of the replies here and how they differ from what I've read there. Just to clear the air, I love being fat and I enjoy all the aspects of it. Just curious of what people here think?
In my humble opinion, I am ok with it, except for the Negative cultural bias of certain outside society that began in the early 20th century with characters like "TWIGGY" Any decision to be the size you are is to be worked out by you, your significant other and your physician/health care person... all others should stop their negative opinions that do nothing to help.

Last edited:

TwoSwords

I remember being young, and I was constantly stressed out, because no matter what, nothing I tried would encourage my uncooperative waistline to do any growing. It wasn't until I was in my 30s or so, that my body started giving in, and letting me gain some weight. In my 40s, I started to develop some blood pressure issues, so I cut back on refined sugar, got a little more exercise, and boom. My blood pressure problems went away, with a total loss of 3 pounds, which would later be gained back.

If my experiences are any indication, you can be fat at any age, just so long as you try to gain the weight in a balanced way, and without taking unhealthy shortcuts. I'm fatter now than I've ever been, and I can still go for walks, do stretches and wake up every morning full of energy without injuring myself.

It also doesn't hurt that I never drink or smoke. Remember, balance.

BHMINTX

I love being fat! Since I restarted my journey in mid January I'm almost at my first goal of 300 lb. I love to eat anyway, but now that I stretched my stomach out I can eat a whole lot more. Before, it was a little hard for me to consume 5,000 to 6000 calories a day. Now I can easily consume 7500 calories or more.

Of course, one drawback is having to go clothes shopping which I hate, and I'll be doing that again in the near future. There's some other things that started to become challenges but they're also a reminder then I'm getting fatter everyday. Getting in and out of my SUV is requiring more effort, tying my shoes, and getting used to carrying around all this extra weight has been interesting in and of itself and feeling myself jiggle and seeing how much fatter I am getting is quite the turn on.

I wish I had taken measurements when I started back in January. The only one that I remember, was how big around I was regarding my hips and belly. Back then I was 54 inches around and now I'm 58 inches around. My upper thighs are 28 inches around which is the waist size of a small person. LOL. My waist has gone 42 to 46. My upper chest is filling out.

I've taken pictures but I don't like how they came out. I'll have someone take a few and I'll post as a profile picture at least.

Soon I will have gained 40 lb over the past three and a half months and I'm really looking forward to the next 40!

liveourdream

I love being larger than most people around me. I guess that is because I was so skinny and one point in my life. That makes sense to me anyway.
Feeling my thighs rub as I walk and having my lower belly move side to side feels quite erotic.
Not crazy at all! My kind of woman!

bellyman

I love being fat! Since I restarted my journey in mid January I'm almost at my first goal of 300 lb. I love to eat anyway, but now that I stretched my stomach out I can eat a whole lot more. Before, it was a little hard for me to consume 5,000 to 6000 calories a day. Now I can easily consume 7500 calories or more.

Of course, one drawback is having to go clothes shopping which I hate, and I'll be doing that again in the near future. There's some other things that started to become challenges but they're also a reminder then I'm getting fatter everyday. Getting in and out of my SUV is requiring more effort, tying my shoes, and getting used to carrying around all this extra weight has been interesting in and of itself and feeling myself jiggle and seeing how much fatter I am getting is quite the turn on.

I wish I had taken measurements when I started back in January. The only one that I remember, was how big around I was regarding my hips and belly. Back then I was 54 inches around and now I'm 58 inches around. My upper thighs are 28 inches around which is the waist size of a small person. LOL. My waist has gone 42 to 46. My upper chest is filling out.

I've taken pictures but I don't like how they came out. I'll have someone take a few and I'll post as a profile picture at least.

Soon I will have gained 40 lb over the past three and a half months and I'm really looking forward to the next 40!
Thanks so much for sharing. I also am loving being fat and getting fatter. We are near the same weight though I'm only 6 feet tall. I was 280 this morning and 3X is where it's at for me now as all of my 2Xs are too snug or just plain tight. I'm gaining rapidly and am trying to slow it down as I have outgrown clothes literally weeks after buying them. I'm 55.5 inches in my belly today. I remember when I used to be 58 ish inches some 3+ years ago. I can't wait to get back. I have been on an accelerated path it seems, as I have gone from 48 inches in the early part of last month (March) to 55.5 inches now. I'm really loving it though, and really excited about hitting 300 pounds as I have never been that big.

I am really interested in hearing how you stretched your stomach. I can do 5000 to 6000 also, but it's tight at that point. I have been wondering how to push myself to be able to go more. I am really looking forward to reading your reply. As I am hungry to be able to eat more.

Really looking forward to filling out these 3X shirts!

BHMINTX

I meant to reply to this before. Sorry about that.

I was very skinny growing up and being very tall I got teased all the time. I'm six foot seven and now almost 300 lb and I really love not only being usually the tallest but also one of the bigger people around me.

Sometimes I get differentof stares from people. Makes me feel good when I get a nice big smile from a pretty girl. Even more so if she's a big girl. 😁