Dodgers back to Brooklyn: About time, don't you think?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

In 1981, David Ritz had a book published, entitled "The Man Who Brought the Dodgers Back to Brooklyn." I remember reading it in high school; it was an okay melodramic book. But now, with all the financial and off-field problems with the Dodgers, it might be a good time to explore bringing them BACK to NYC.

mulrooney13

Cruciverbalist
I'd be down for it. I don't remember who suggested it, but I heard someone on ESPN or MLB TV say that the Dodgers could move back to Brooklyn, and the Rays could move to Los Angeles. Makes sense to me. The Dodgers move into the only market bigger than the one they're in now (and start up an inner-city rivalry with the Mets), and the Rays get out of Tampa, who refuses to show up for games even when the team is winning.

Rojodi

I missed the Rays to L.A. suggestion, but that does make sense. The owners are MUCH better off financially, the Tampa-St. Pete is a three sport town - football, hockey, and soccer though MLS folded the Mutinity due to poor marketing and NOT having the Rowdies moniker. Maybe if the stadium was on the Tampa side, the team would draw better, but they'd be better off in Los Angeles, as the Los Angeles SunRays.

Maybe I'll write a short story about that, the LA SunRays Versus Brooklyn.

Latest posts