Quantcast

Does anyone else play MMORPG's?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
Yeah, yeah I am a geek. I love them.

I currently play World of Warcraft and have played others like Project Entropia, Horizons, The Sims, Lineage II... the list goes on.

Just wondered if there were any other geek gamers around :)

P.S. I am on the Medivh Alliance server on WOW if anyone wants to look me up, my toons are: Countess or Zaftig or Kellsey

James

vibeout
HeatherBBW said:

I currently play World of Warcraft and have played others like Project Entropia, Horizons, The Sims, Lineage II... the list goes on.

Just wondered if there were any other geek gamers around :)

P.S. I am on the Medivh Alliance server on WOW if anyone wants to look me up, my toons are: Countess or Zaftig or Kellsey
Morning Heather,

I do loads of things... but geek gaming is definitely on of my favourite. If a really good game (usually a shooter or RPG) comes out, I have been known to disappear for many hours on end...

I've never really got properly into any online ones... I got totally addicted to morrowind on the xbox tho. I cant wait for oblivion on the xbox 360 in december... my social life is gonna take a big hit...:rolleyes:

So apart from the gaming and event running, how are things with you? (not so) new job is going ok thanks. Lots of hard work but at least i'm not poor any more!

James

curvluver

Hey Heather,

I play those geeky games too. I'm currently playing WOW, and COH, and am doing the beta for COV. I'll may create a toon on the WOW server you use, and look ya up.

See ya

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
https://www.facebook.com/conrad.blickenstorfer, Ma
HeatherBBW said:
For some reason I have no use for online or multiplayer games. I got an XBox Life subscription pretty much when it first came out, but participated in actual online games only a couple of times. Almost everything about it annoyed me: the waiting, the incompetence or boorishness of some players, those who simply left, etc., etc.

Maybe it's because I am primarily into racing games where I much prefer to race against my computer opponents. I even hate the way Microsoft presents worldwide results. After a particularly great race, I don't need to know that my time was the 38,947th best in the world. I won, man.

I attended E3 this year and went to a seminar session on massive multiplayer gaming. Some of the MMO industry's big guns were on stage and discussed the past, present and future of MMO gaming. Interesting, especially the long history.

As for RPGs, I never managed to get interested in those either. Maybe I like my own world best, and the role I play in it. Come to think of it, being the incomparable Heather Boyle, why would you want to play anyone else?

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
James said:
Morning Heather,

I do loads of things... but geek gaming is definitely on of my favourite. If a really good game (usually a shooter or RPG) comes out, I have been known to disappear for many hours on end...

I've never really got properly into any online ones... I got totally addicted to morrowind on the xbox tho. I cant wait for oblivion on the xbox 360 in december... my social life is gonna take a big hit...:rolleyes:

So apart from the gaming and event running, how are things with you? (not so) new job is going ok thanks. Lots of hard work but at least i'm not poor any more!

James
I have tried a few shooter games ie. Unreal Tournament etc, but it just isn't my thing. I think it's definitely a boy thing :)

Glad you like the new job and woo hoo on not being poor anymore! That means you can come for a visit sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo, as for me, just working and doing the same ole stuff. I guess it works for me :)

So glad you popped around again :)

Fat Hugs,
Heather

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
Truth be told, I do have some penchant for computer-gaming per se! American McGee's "Alice", Nocturne, Call of Cthulhu....but I take it out into the social setting with the Mythos, Call of Cthulhu, Delta Green and Illuminati! RPGs, some of which can even go into live theatrical role-playing...which is the most total fun of all...dressing up period style and researching all of the fine details...did I mention my areas in College were History and History of Art? Gaming is not necessarily a social isolator!

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
curvluver said:
Hey Heather,

I play those geeky games too. I'm currently playing WOW, and COH, and am doing the beta for COV. I'll may create a toon on the WOW server you use, and look ya up.

See ya
Cool, I absolutely love WoW. I was in beta so I am a little burnt now that I have done the all the way to level 60 thing. I have a level 60 Pally, a level 41 priest and my current alt is a level 18 Hunter. I am definitely digging the hunter quite a bit. In beta I brought a priest and pally to level 60, so it was time for something new.

I actually played COH for awhile, I dug it in the beginning but then it got too repetitive for me and I am not much of a comic book fan. But it definitely was a cool game. I haven't seen COV but it seems pretty interesting to be on the "other side" so I might check it out again.

Awesome, well if you come over to my server, drop me a line. I can send ya some gold too to get you started, I have tons.

Hugs,
Heather

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
Webmaster said:
For some reason I have no use for online or multiplayer games. I got an XBox Life subscription pretty much when it first came out, but participated in actual online games only a couple of times. Almost everything about it annoyed me: the waiting, the incompetence or boorishness of some players, those who simply left, etc., etc.

Maybe it's because I am primarily into racing games where I much prefer to race against my computer opponents. I even hate the way Microsoft presents worldwide results. After a particularly great race, I don't need to know that my time was the 38,947th best in the world. I won, man.

I attended E3 this year and went to a seminar session on massive multiplayer gaming. Some of the MMO industry's big guns were on stage and discussed the past, present and future of MMO gaming. Interesting, especially the long history.

As for RPGs, I never managed to get interested in those either. Maybe I like my own world best, and the role I play in it. Come to think of it, being the incomparable Heather Boyle, why would you want to play anyone else?
I understand the lack of patience with some players, but if you surround yourself with good people you might enjoy yourself. I am always part of a guild and I make sure that I search well for a good group of players that are likeminded and fun. You would be surprised on how many FAs actually play these games. I get messaged on my "Zaftig" character all the time with messages saying "I know what that means" etc. Actually a couple of times I told them my name and they were like "NO way! You Lie". I never quite understand that, I am just a normal girl. Although you call me uncomparable - woo definitely makes me feel nice but I am not sure I believe it myself hehe :)

I haven't been to any gaming conventions so far, but I might check one out in the future. You always have all the fun at those super duper gadget conventions. I definitely envy you there.

Anyhoo... answer my PM's I sent you - so we can get this little project on the road :)

Fat Hugs,
MW

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
Obesus said:
Truth be told, I do have some penchant for computer-gaming per se! American McGee's "Alice", Nocturne, Call of Cthulhu....but I take it out into the social setting with the Mythos, Call of Cthulhu, Delta Green and Illuminati! RPGs, some of which can even go into live theatrical role-playing...which is the most total fun of all...dressing up period style and researching all of the fine details...did I mention my areas in College were History and History of Art? Gaming is not necessarily a social isolator!
I always wanted to try Alice, I bought it for a friend as a gift and was tempted to open it up and give it a go before sending it off hehe.

How do/did you like it?

The only other games that I have played that were box games that weren't live but went live eventually was Diablo - I still think its a great game.

Hugs,
Heather

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
I just love the Gothy "victorian deranged" visual look and the music by NIN Chris Vrenna is just awesome...I highly recommend the soundtrack to this video game as a separate purchase! From the first moment, when a scraggly looking Cheshire Cat hands alice a huge machete, it is a very atmospheric and slightly disturbing game, but the basic flaw is the game play...it is more than a tad slow and clunky...I play it more for the sense of immersion into a fairytale world gone terribly wrong and I am very very happy with that aspect..it is fascinating and the story maintains interest! They are working on American McGee's "Twisted Oz" which should be even more interesting and I think they will work out some of the bugs...but that has been a loooooong time coming! LOL

Loscos

Only games I play on the net are Starcraft or Unreal Tournament.

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
I've been a video game fanatic my whole life but I've never got into online gaming. Just not my thing. I was really irked when the PS2 version of Everquest was online only.

Stealth

King Pointless Long posts
Heehee. I don't play them, since I get fed up of the same-old-same-old... but I do write games, and Occasionally, i try to write a MMORPG. Never works though since I dont have the cash, the ability to stick to a design, and a decent server :/

eljay

My default way of spending spare time is blasting the pointy ears of poncy night elves (when taking a break from shooting filthy greenskins full of holes). So if anyone is on EU Daggerspine or Bladefist, giz a wave! (Pity they have us/eu servers else we could start a FA/BBW guild :)

I Also used to play CoH - I loved the simplicity, no farting about trying to get the best phat loot (or is it simply fat loot ? :) It also seemed to have fewer leet-speaking kiddies and general "barrens chat" syndrome :)

I doubt i will get a chance to use my beta serial for CoV thou... too busy with WoW ...

Zoom

Rogue
In 2000, upon getting a Sega Dreamcast I finally had access to the Internet, upon which I discovered the joys of Dimensions, but also of online RPGs.

Let's see...

I started with Kingdoms 3 and then 4, which wasn't much more than a bunch of geeks working with calculators for the most efficiently-running kingdoms invading each other.

Then I switched to The Prophet's Song (which is from a Queen song btw), which was a very Tolkien-like RPG. Still only a browser-game.

By this time I was sick of browser-only games, and made the leap to Phantasy Star Online, which was wonderful for me except it was too competitive and nothing but "Look and see what wonderful items I got!" which for me makes an RPG a waste of time.

During this time I had excursions into many games including Dransik, Rise To Power, Hyperiums (sic), Warcraft 3, City of Heroes and several I have since forgotten.

After playing The Prophet's Song for about two years (and switching to a PC before quitting), I went for Ragnarok Online, which was a real graphics hoot. I paid for eighteen months of it, but I simply had to quit as I was playing it less than I really could stand to and still pay for it.

Around this time I started looking for an online game that had fat girls in it, since marriage had become a feature in Ragnarok and I wasn't interested in the only slightly chubby merchant sprites. Not much luck for dialup users though.

Early this year I switched to Quality Ragnarok Online, which was a free private server, only after I made sure it was legal (they use an emulator program instead of the actual game servers). It was more fun than the "regular" version, and I've stuck with that.

In August I switched to Second Life, because although there are no levels and monster-slayings, there are fat girls in it. Also Hoodah (the FA furry artist) and some of his friends are/were in the game.

The building and ownership of land, with many other things, are what are keeping the game interesting. Been building a castle and loving it. Also I've uploaded a lot of my artwork and am selling it there...

I really recommend Second Life if you're tired of the repetitive monster-slayings and want to make and own stuff for a change. I would like to see more BBWs in the game as everyone there has rather skinny avatars and we could stand to have more variety.

waitingforsuperman

annmarie says i'm snarky
i used to play dungeons and dragons.

i play rpgs (final fantasy whore here), but could never afford mmorgps. i do play a text based, turn based command and conquer style game called earth 2025. it's mmo and free. i really dig it. i got into it in junior high, and didn't play again until about a month ago, and now i'm hooked all over again.

and you kick total ass. a geeky fat chick. my dream date.

zynth

I play MMORPG's, well i've only played the one but it was awesome. Final Fantasy XI Online. Loved it, but unfortunately stop playing at the moment, i was a lil WHM/BLM, he was one lil awesome tarutaru! aaahhh memories....

Blackjack_Jeeves

I'm a pepper, too...
I'm not sure if it counts as an RPG, but I play a text-based game online called Age of Conflict, or Strife by its "veterans." Nothing special, you just build your empire up of whichever race you want to be (I think there's like 9 choices, such as Elf, Orc, Human, Gnomes, etc.) and grow in size if you can. It's fun if you can learn the tricks of the game and make many friends, though I have yet to truly succeed in more than one round... Each round lasts for a couple months, and then it resets and everyone starts all over.

Miss Vickie

My sweetie and I have a long history of tabletop gaming. He's played everything from D&D to Vampire to Traveller, etc. But since we're so busy we hardly ever play in RL so MMORPG's are how we get our gaming jones on. We used to play Dark Age of Camelot, but now are into Everquest II (He plays both I and II). He also plays Starcraft and several others (he has one of those Sony station pass thingees).

I have friends who play WoW, and keep trying to get me to play, but I have enough trouble finding time to play EQ2 that the last thing I need is another game.

Latest posts