does it bother you to be told that you eat to much?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

jeff7005

hi,i happend to a bodybuilder but do have to work a full time job to support myself. anyway it's outdoor job i eat like tree of my 6 daily meals in public(in the street while working) and get the stupid remark of(youre always eating)sometimes that pisses me off so i'm wodering if anyone in here experianse the same issue and how you deal with? without bringing youre blood presure high:rolleyes:

angel-1

I eat ALL the time. I love food. The only comments i get are from women who are pissed because I eat a lot and don't gain weight. Brush it off, dude.

olwen

Disco Bear
I used to feel like, no matter what I eat in public people make comments, especially older ladies. When I was younger it would leave me speechless, but one day it happened while I was eating a sandwich - I must have been 19 or 20 and I told the woman to mind her own business. She tried to keep telling me how I should have been eating celery and I told her to fuck off. She walked away in a huff. So after that whenever it happened I followed that script, only now I'm more dismissive. So if they keep talking I stick out my hand and mimic someone talking and say "blah blah blah". No matter what they keep trying to say I respond with "blah blah blah" in a really dismissive tone and they usually walk away pissed and it makes me smile. Luckily, this hasn't happened to me in a while tho. In other words, I try not to let it bother me and just dismiss it.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Y'know, this is a weird subject where I'm concerned. I feel like I can't win either way-- if I have something small or light, people ask me if my stomach is okay and if I'm feeling sick. If I eat a bigass sub, people look at me with the "she don't NEEEEEEEEEEED that" look.

I don't get it.:confused:

Ulfhedinn

Y.P.Penguins' House Wife
I'm always munching on something, and have heard that a few times. I just tell them "well I'm always hungry" or "there's no such thing as too much when it comes to good food", then just smile and keep munching. Nobody's ever really said anything after that. *shrug*

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
Y'know, this is a weird subject where I'm concerned. I feel like I can't win either way-- if I have something small or light, people ask me if my stomach is okay and if I'm feeling sick. If I eat a bigass sub, people look at me with the "she don't NEEEEEEEEEEED that" look.

I don't get it.:confused:
OMG..if you eat a salad, do you get "Are you on a diet??" UMM..no..i just wanted to eat a freakin salad..but thanks for ruining it for me!

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
OMG..if you eat a salad, do you get "Are you on a diet??" UMM..no..i just wanted to eat a freakin salad..but thanks for ruining it for me!
I don't know if I ever have. I might just not remember it, but I do know that 99% of the time, its "r u sik?!!!?"

Zandoz

Highly irregular
The only people I ever had that problem with to my face, was my mom's side of the family...part of a general attitude of superiority and knowing what is best for everyone. For a long time I would not eat at all in their presence. Finally I got fed up, and for probably half my life I just stayed away from the whole lot of them. Eventually, one of them asked why I was never around, and I spelled it out in no uncertain terms. Since then they have kept their attitudes in check around me, and I've gone back to family functions.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
I actually usually get something like "you don't really eat that much..." from co-workers who eventually see my eating habits. It's sort of a moment of realization that I don't have twinkies stashed in my drawer or am downing 3 double cheeseburgers any/every meal. It still strikes me that people are paying attention to what I eat, but I don't really care.

I think we all do it to some extent. I know the guy in my office who eats more than everyone... he's 6'4" and about 240 and he just has a huge appetite. He'll eat his lunch, your leftovers and be perfectly happy if something else finds its way to him soon after.

I know my cube mate eats all day long... usually fruit and veggies, but she's still eating constantly.

I do also get the "good for you!" if I'm eating a salad. Way to be presumptuous asshole - I just wanted a salad!!! There is no value judgment on food in my world, it's just food. Stop laying your issues on my doorstep.

So yeah, THAT bothers me.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
I actually usually get something like "you don't really eat that much..." from co-workers who eventually see my eating habits. It's sort of a moment of realization that I don't have twinkies stashed in my drawer or am downing 3 double cheeseburgers any/every meal. It still strikes me that people are paying attention to what I eat, but I don't really care.
+1 all the way, yeah totally get that to. Its strange.

What really gets me is the oft surprise reaction when people find out I don't consume the annual food and dairy production of a small African country every day before dinner, and with the sort of reply of a sort of grunt meaning "yeah, your probably lying through your teeth and you probably only stopped eating to talk" sort of thing. But meh, screw 'em.

queencecilia

Personally, I hate it when people notice my eating habits. It makes me uncomfortable, because I know what they're thinking. It's not like its any of their damn business anyways. >.<

Chimpi

into the shining sun
I have never really been told I eat too much, but I have been commented on about my eating habits. It doesn't really bother me what they say so much as it does that they feel they can attempt to lecture me about it.

In example:
Person: "What are you having to eat for lunch today?"
Me: "Macaroni & Cheese."
Person: "Oh yeah? Is it Low Fat cheese?"
Me: "Absolutely not."
Person: "Oh, that's not good for you, you know. It will kill you at a young age."
Me: "Oh okay. I'm glad to know that. Healthy people die every day, too. Some even at a young age."
Person: "Yeah..."
Me: "I enjoy what I eat, and that's it."

The whole time I'm just thinking to myself ['And... why is this any of your business? Back the fuck off.'], but I didn't come out and say that because he's one of my boss' and he's a very cool guy other than his judgmental moments (such as that). *Shrugs*

It bothers me that he feels he can comment about it to me, even though I don't have too much of an issue with what he's saying (other than "it will kill you at a young age."). My health is none of your concern, I live my life the way I want to live it, and you have no right to speak to me about that. Especially if I respect you and your choices enough not to say anything to you about your choices.

*Sigh*

GWARrior

I eat like a pig at work (our customers LOVE to bring us goodies), but no one ever says anything about my eating habits because they are too damn busy explaining why they're all skipping lunch.

Funny how some of them wont eat a fricken sandwich for lunch, but when a customer brings us a plate of brownies theyre on it without hesitation. Then I just say "So hows that diet working for you?" :p

Latest posts