• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Doing The Right Thing. (very long.. sorry)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abluesman

I da doggie daddy
It's been an interesting weekend. Christy and I had an epiphany yesterday. Neither one of us has been very happy with our jobs of late. I, for the obvious reasons (my boss has no idea what he's doing and won't listen to anyone) and Christy has had enough of an administrator whose has tunnel vision where the patient billing is concerned.

Christy is a Speech Language Pathologist. All her colleagues say she is one of the best clinicians around along with being the Therapy Dept. Manager. When it comes to swallowing disorders, she is the person you want to see. Most of her career has been spent in skilled nursing facilities (nursing homes) and outpatient clinics. That is where she works today. She loves her patients. I've never seen anyone who genuinely cares for the well-being of elderly patients the way this woman does. They all love her, too. She is also very adept at diagnosing and treating language disorders in young children. In fact, some of the local Doctors have had her treat their own kids.

Here's the problem. Nursing homes/outpatient clinics will not treat a patient unless they have insurance. I understand that they have to make money to operate, but when that is the driving force behind a nursing home, we feel something is wrong.

Here's the answer. We're going to open our own clinic. Our vision is this: A therapy clinic where no one.... I mean NO ONE, that needs treatment gets turned away. All it will take to get treated by our therapists is a referral from a Doctor. While we will bill your insurance and/or medicare, if available, if you are uninsured, you can still get treatment. We just want to help you get better.

We know this is risky. Neither one of us has ever owned our own business. But as we talked about it, we both became less nervous and more convinced this is more than a business, it's a calling. I saw the passion in her eyes and I knew it was the right thing to do. We already have the best Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist in the area on board. I'll run the office.

We hope to open up the Cumberland Neuro Rehab Clinic this summer. We've got a lot of begging to do at the bank and a lot of gov't. grants to apply for, but I just know we can do it. And as you can see, we're very excited and I wanted all my friends here to know that, if I go MIA once in awhile, it's because I'm working on this project. Please send your prayers and all the good karma you can spare.

One thing we know for sure...... this is something that is way bigger than the two of us.

Latest posts

Back