Dr.s, Nurses and stupid people in general.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Christopher Hughes

A bit about me:
I am 51
I am 6'0"
Weigh 475 give or take 5 lbs
I work 50 to 70 hours a week driving tractor trailer.

Medically over the years I have done a solid job tearing up my right knee, but 3 surgeries later all is solid( for now). I have avoided the big three issues High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, and diabetes. ( Thanks Grand Parents).
The only thing that has been a real issue is Afib ( I have gone through it two times, but no heart damage was done.)

But to the gist of the story.

I had a nurse practioner tell me that I was "extremely unhealthy". Because of my size and weight.

So let me get this right, I'm three times her size, but have none of the big three medical issues. She however has high blood pressure, hypertension, High Cholesterol. But I'm the unhealthy one.

TheShannan

Cats, Dave Grohl and Dr. Phil 🙃
A bit about me:
I am 51
I am 6'0"

Medically over the years I have done a solid job tearing up my right knee, but 3 surgeries later all is solid( for now). I have avoided the big three issues High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, and diabetes. ( Thanks Grand Parents).
The only thing that has been a real issue is Afib ( I have gone through it two times, but no heart damage was done.)

I had a nurse practioner tell me that I was "extremely unhealthy". Because of my size and weight.

So let me get this right, I'm three times her size, but have none of the big three medical issues. She however has high blood pressure, hypertension, High Cholesterol. But I'm the unhealthy one.
Yes!! I used to have a coworker who chugged Mountain Dew like it was water and had rotting teeth probably because of the Mountain Dew yet she wanted to always try to tell me about my health because of my weight!

jrose123

A bit about me:
I am 51
I am 6'0"

jrose123

Sometimes, we big people are too damn nice and sweet. When people give you a dose a' shit, best you have a bowel movement on them, too. You should have called her bitch...Nurse Bitch. Thanks for being Nurse Bitch Obvious. Obviously, my weight is an issue to you, so do I have your permission to focus on the stated reason I'm here seeking medical intervention? Wait for her reply. Nothing less than an apology is acceptable. Her ass ain't the only nurse and there are many other doctors, too. Being a mean bitch or heartless bastard should be your badge of honor. Respect isnt just for people we like, it's for all humanity. When skinny nurse bitches, or anyone else, can't be civil and human towards you, let them have it.

LarryTheNoodleGuy

How do you know she has high blood pressure, hypertension and high cholesterol, please? I've been going to doctors my entire life and have never once had one disclose their own medical health with me.

TheShannan

Cats, Dave Grohl and Dr. Phil 🙃
How do you know she has high blood pressure, hypertension and high cholesterol, please? I've been going to doctors my entire life and have never once had one disclose their own medical health with me.
Really? When I found out I had a thyroid issue my doctor spoke to me about her struggles with the issue as well and symptoms.

Christopher Hughes

It was brought up because she could not understand how someone my size and build had none of the usual conditions, that most people of my size uasually have at least two of. And She brought up about her medical problems and inquired how I have managed to avoid things. I duck the big three, but get stuck dealing with Afib.

BouncingBoy

Formerly known as Dragorat
Any time I see a new Dr. or nurse & they start to bring up my weight I cut them off right there!I tell them I've been big all my life & it's my business.It has basically NOTHING to do with why I'm seeing them.A doctor I know very well put me on BP meds as a precaution because it runs in my family.Other than that he NEVER said a thing about my weight.I saw 1 young Dr. to get the injections for my knees & he started on me about my weight.I of course told him to drop it.He gave me a look as if I'd stabbed him with a knife.After he left the nurse(A cute little plumper) Told me I was the 1st 1 she'd ever seen stand up to a Dr. like that & she liked it!

dirtyrabbi

I’ve got the big 3 and proud of it! My skinny doctor keeps threatening to put me on cholesterol meds and I’m like pass the pills and pass me a burger! How fat do I have to get to get some meds already cause I ain’t gonna diet or work out.

Latest posts