Drew Carey

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
For what it's worth I don't think I could cut it at Improv. I'm usually quick and off the cuff, but I think you need more than that to be good at it. I just think I'd be that awkward one everybody wants to boo.
You don't have to be quick, just clever. It might sound dumb written, but here is an example. One of the skits was of a girl trying to get people to help her unlock her car door because she locked her keys inside. One guy just pretended to be retarded (which is a cop-out), one girl pretended like she was too ditzy to understand. Then she asked me, "Can you pop the lock, sir?". So I just started pop locking on stage and kept saying "IS IT WORKING?!?! IM POP LOCKING RIGHT. NOW. I AM DOING IT. RIGHT. NOW."

I guess the point of this post is to say its not about being funny or "right", just about being able to make something of a situation quickly...if that makes sense?

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
For what it's worth I don't think I could cut it at Improv. I'm usually quick and off the cuff, but I think you need more than that to be good at it. I just think I'd be that awkward one everybody wants to boo.
I always thought the same. And that stuck with me for every competition. Only once did I not feel like that, but it only changed after the competition because we were tied for first place and we needed one winning point to get the trophy. Thankfully the improv was easy to me and I got us to win the game. But after getting the trophy, I fell right back into the low self confidence thing.

Comedy is the hardest thing to get into. I truly believe that.

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
I always thought the same. And that stuck with me for every competition. Only once did I not feel like that, but it only changed after the competition because we were tied for first place and we needed one winning point to get the trophy. Thankfully the improv was easy to me and I got us to win the game. But after getting the trophy, I fell right back into the low self confidence thing.

Comedy is the hardest thing to get into. I truly believe that.
As someone who has been recently doing stand-up in clubs about once, maybe twice a month I am inclined to agree with you. I can be funny all day long being social with people...but coming up with stage humor is damn hard.

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
We had a Who's Line? club at my high school.

Scenes from a hat was the only game that actually worked out for all of us to enjoy, because everyone wanted to participate and noone wanted to be an audience member, so quick bursts of fun were the best.

Paquito

don't July to me
I still think that Ryan and Colin are one of the greatest pairings I've seen. They play off each other so easily, it's great to watch them. And Wayne is good too, though having him constantly do the musical bits is tiring.

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
I still think that Ryan and Colin are one of the greatest pairings I've seen. They play off each other so easily, it's great to watch them. And Wayne is good too, though having him constantly do the musical bits is tiring.
He's the singer. What can you say?

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
When I need some maaajor cheering up, I turn on the episode that featured Richard Simmons and by the time I'm done, I'm almost half dead from laughing. It never freaking fails.

My favourite thing to do was Props, though. I am SO good with that!

Jes

is oddly aroused
I think he looks great. Especially for his age. I'm glad that he's not dealing with diabetes. And I like that he's wearing a slim-cut suit. Traditional American suits are just so fucking giant sometimes.

cooljoeyd

the guy did have type 2 diabetes so he mostly did it for health reasons

RJI

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses
Good for drew, you can't carry that weight around forever and expect to live a active life. I know in a few years I will have to cut back on some of the pleasures I indulge in because the knees and back will not be as strong as they are now and I won't be fork lifted out of the side of my house like some strive for.

Buffetbelly

Nosh, destroyer of snacks
Drew should never have left Cleveland! He looks like a ghost now --aged a good 20 years. Maybe he'll fatten back up when he visits his hometown....

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
Drew should never have left Cleveland! He looks like a ghost now --aged a good 20 years. Maybe he'll fatten back up when he visits his hometown....
Except for the fact that he will probably die if he does. Good job on wishing this guy to death everyone

Latest posts