Quantcast

Drinking thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

TheMildlyStrangeone

I could've sworn there was a drinking thread on here. I promised I searched and couldn't find it. Anyway, I am drinking Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. ;) feeling it too.

JayDanger

I could've sworn there was a drinking thread on here. I promised I searched and couldn't find it. Anyway, I am drinking Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. ;) feeling it too.
You fancy, huh?
(just a joke...not trying to be mean)

I don't usually drink nice alcohol, because when I drink I drink like a college kid. Here's a few of the cheap but delicious drinks I like

BRASS MONKEY: drink a 40 of old E down tot he label, then pour in cheap orange juice. It costs 6 dollars and goes great with a blunt.

GHETTO EXTACY: Mix Monster energy drink (the biggest can you can find) With a mickey of either Jagermeister or Goldschlagger. It tastes kind of like a Four Loko, but gets you fucked.

PURPLE JESUS JUICE: When we're having a big party, we clean out the bathtub and get everyone to put their hard liquor in the tub. Then we mix in a bunch of cool aid powder, a bit of sugar, and a bit of water. It's the best way to assure that you'll have 30 people passed out in your house to help you clean up the next day.

GOLDEN ARCHES: The name comes from the fact that we make it in one of those orange McDonals coolers, and it uses Mc Donalds Orange Ade if we can get it. Basically we fill a cooler half way with wine, sparkling wine, or beer, and then mix in two bottles of sprite and orange drink/orange pop. It tastes really sweet and the flavors cover the alcohol, so it goes down easy.

Anyway, that's how us cheap kids do it in Canada.

Venom

Store some for about a year to let it age, it is so fucking amazing.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Good fruity semi-dry red wine (often from local & upstate NY wineries whenever possible)
Good crisp fruity white wine (same here)
Good champagne
Bacardi 151
Belvedere, Grey Goose or Stoli vodka
Amaretto Disaronno
Chambord
Sambuca Romana
Godiva liquor (all flavors)
Villa Massa or Caravella Limoncello
Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka
Crown Royale
Pete's Wicked, Doghead Fish Brewery and Blue Moon Brewing Company beers (to name a few)

This is the short list. LOL

Ola

Keeper of 'tinis
Hard Liquor
Jägermeister
Smirnoff Vodka
Absolut Vodka
Stolichnaya Vodka
Gentleman Jack (Whiskey, and did I mention it's fucking awesome? :D)
Jack Daniel's (Whiskey)
Canadian Club (Whiskey)
Famous Grouse (Whiskey)
Red Label (Whiskey)
Barracuda Rum Silver (Usually I stay away from rum, but this one's ok I guess)
Star (Norwegian Dry Gin)
Gibson's (British Dry Gin)

Mixed drinks
APPLETINI'S!!!!!! :D :wubu: :smitten: :bounce:
Jägermonster (Jägerbomb, but with Monster instead of Red Bull. NOM! :bow: )

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
I was all about Gin and Tonics lately... but I'm feeling a hangover pretty bad today. It was a fun night, though.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Because my digestive system is a rotten traitor to the cause, I can no longer drink beer or wine *sob* :(:mad::doh:

However hard liquor is still fine :D

My mainstays are:
- Bombay Sapphire Gin (mixed with cranberry juice, tonic water, or both)
- Mount Gay Rum (an amber Barbadian rum that is quite smooth). Straight, with a bit of water, or in coffee or hot chocolate.
- Jameson's Irish Whiskey (again straight, with a bit of water, or in coffee or hot chocolate).
- Peppermint Schnapps in hot chocolate is divine.

I also quite enjoy a lot of Scotches, but I've not invested the money in sampling enough to say what my favorites are, yet.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Good fruity semi-dry red wine (often from local & upstate NY wineries whenever possible)
Good crisp fruity white wine (same here)
Good champagne
Bacardi 151
Belvedere, Grey Goose or Stoli vodka
Amaretto Disaronno
Chambord
Sambuca Romana
Godiva liquor (all flavors)
Villa Massa or Caravella Limoncello
Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka
Crown Royale
Pete's Wicked, Doghead Fish Brewery and Blue Moon Brewing Company beers (to name a few)

This is the short list. LOL
Amended:

Tequila Rose
Bailey's Irish Cream
Cuarenta Tres (licor 43)
Grand Marnier

AmazingAmy

Summer fruits and strawberry & lime Kopparberg cider, baby! All year round, any time of day. It's one perfect cider.

Cocktails which I love but have no idea what's in them:

Purple Rain
Romanian Weightlifter
Yoda
Scrumptious
Qadvod (4 shots of vodka, 1 can of Redbull. 5 in one night in not a good idea)

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Summer fruits and strawberry & lime Kopparberg cider, baby! All year round, any time of day. It's one perfect cider.
Strawberry Cider is one of the very few alcoholic drinks I will have. I don't know what it is about it, but I actually like the taste unlike most alcohol.

I can tell you it's small, green, furry and looks like it's been left out in the sun too long. :p

powderfinger

Ive given up drinking as a New Years resolution, but I've always been the guy with good old union made Pabst Blue Ribbon in my hand. If I'm downing the hard stuff, Jim Beam, George Dickle, or if I'm broke Senators Club do the trick nicely.

MaybeX

GONE
Used to drink all kinds of stuff. (Including Moonshine and a deadly combo we used to call Liquid Death. :doh:

Now, it's an occasional beer (on tap & Irish or Brit a big plus, offbeat brand if not), Champange, Beaujolais Nouveau (if it's good that year, and you can get it without the sulfides), and the rare Screwdriver or Bloody Mary. Hey, a Mimosa sounds good...
Just saying the words Whiskey or Jagermiester can make my eye twitch. (never again, never again)

deanbpm

I am drinking some cognac and it isn't even midday yet 8)

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
Tequila,
Vodka, in all her glorious forms,
Schnapps,
Jack and Coke,
Jack single barrel (oh my god, that stuff is incredible)
Pear cider,
Strawberry and lime cider, omg is this brilliant in summer
Champange
Any kind of red or white wine. I like sweet, dry, heady, anything
Galliano,
Long island ice tea XD
Chambord,
Barcardi,

Basically, everything is good, as long as it's not beer or liquorice flavoured. bleagh.

Latest posts