Quantcast

Due to the pandemic

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
So much of life is completely Out Of My Hands due to the pandemic.
Note: if flashing light strobe effects are problematic for you, i suggest listening to the audio but not looking at the video portion. For everyone else, it’s a nice video:
Too bad it was 1988 and videos tended to have monophonic sound (at least the ones used as sources on our modern-day video sharing sites): this song is quite nice in original stereo. Consider playing it via your streaming service or whatever, if available. I can vouch for the 2013 remastered version sold on the iTunes Store as being a good one.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Due to the pandemic We’re Going Wrong.
Annnnnd there’s no full song video that i can find online, so here’s a link to a sample on the iTunes Store (which may or may not work, and i just left a bug report with Apple).

For those of you with streaming services (Spotify etc.) or other sources:
We’re Going Wrong
The Charlottes
album: Things Fall Apart
1991 Cherry Red cd bred 92

(If you’re paying for a music streaming service and they don’t have this, your service sucks.)

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Due to the pandemic, summertime sadness

Thank you, squeezably… deeply apropos in my world today.

For those who don’t know, the bridge repeatedly pictured in the video is the Colorado Street Bridge (Wikipedia), a.k.a. Suicide Bridge (discussed in the Wikipedia article). I drive over that bridge all the time. It’s been used in many video (TV) commercials, movies, etc. as well as for plenty of actual suicides. There have also been City-sanctioned street parties held there on some occasional summer evenings.

Here’s a map of about where Lana Del Rey was recorded appearing ready to jump, then jumping (purple pin):
map.png
Here’s the satellite same view:
satellite.png
A whole bunch of additional fencing has been put up in stages over recent years, yet the suicides continue. (I have a far better location, where my remains won’t be found.)

It’s actually a very nice, fun bridge for walking or driving across, when people aren’t using it to hurt themselves or end their lives. Too bad all the anti-suicide fencing wrecks the formerly-excellent view (but it’s still nice).

Back to the thread…
Don’t wanna Lose It due to the pandemic:
OK… just read something new related to all this that puts me in danger of losing it. Ssssso i gotta go deal with that now.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Le'me go crazy on you due to the pandemic.

"Whatcha gonna do when everyone's insane?"

Last edited:

Latest posts