Quantcast

Earring Organizer

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
I went a little nuts on Etsy a few weeks ago and my earring collection has gotten out of control.

Anyone have any recommendations for earring organizers? Help!

rainyday

Departed
This is actually a catalog that sells fixtures and displays for retailers, but they have this case if you're looking for something basic that you could just slip in a drawer. I think it ships for free.

crayola box

I just bought a cute earring tree at Marshalls for ten bucks, but if you search ebay or amazon for earring holders or earring trees there are alot of cute options.

supersoup

Nice to meet you beanbag.
i've seen really cute ones all over youtube that are really simple. this works if you have somewhere to hang them...a dresser knob, etc etc. they take a placemat, usually one that matches their decor, the fabric kind. fold the top inch or so over a hanger, throw some stitches in it to hold it, and you can hang dangle and post earrings on it, they come out really cute! also, there are toooooons online now!

http://www.google.com/products?q=earring+holder&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=89EyS_3LIpOxlAfj_4GWBw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CC4QrQQwAg

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
This is actually a catalog that sells fixtures and displays for retailers, but they have this case if you're looking for something basic that you could just slip in a drawer. I think it ships for free.
That's really similar to what I initially had in mind. Something flat like that. Thanks, Rainy!

I just bought a cute earring tree at Marshalls for ten bucks, but if you search ebay or amazon for earring holders or earring trees there are alot of cute options.
I noticed! And didn't know what to do. :D So I thought I'd see what other people were doing.

i've seen really cute ones all over youtube that are really simple. this works if you have somewhere to hang them...a dresser knob, etc etc. they take a placemat, usually one that matches their decor, the fabric kind. fold the top inch or so over a hanger, throw some stitches in it to hold it, and you can hang dangle and post earrings on it, they come out really cute! also, there are toooooons online now!

http://www.google.com/products?q=earring+holder&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=89EyS_3LIpOxlAfj_4GWBw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CC4QrQQwAg
OK, love the placemat idea. I have a small cabinet door right near where I am sitting. Maybe I'll cover it with something and just hook them there. Hmmm!

And that link? I am so predictable. Great earring racks but I couldn't stop ogling the earrings. :p

oh, also...and again, i don't know if you want them displayed or put away, but i've seen lots of folks buy these http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/170247/Office-Depot-Brand-Metro-Mesh-5/ and just put their earrings through the mesh.
Very cool. People are so clever!!

Thanks, everyone. You've given me some great ideas and resources.

Tracii

Oh wow those are cute thanks!!

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
No joke, my mom has a TACkLE BOX to keep most of her jewelry in. it works and you can get it in walmart.

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I keep mine in a jewelry armoire and some drawers too. I have tons of jewelry...

Miss Vickie

I have a couple of suggestions. For traveling, (or storing, not displaying) I purchased some plastic boxes that you'd store beads in that I got at Michael's. They were 99 cents each, and are clear plastic, have dividers, and close up tight so that the earrings stay put in each section. Works great, but is ugly as sin.

For "display" I have a really cool earring tree that I got at Sorel's in Portland. It's a tabletop, 16" tall Victorian mannequin style thing with a cool dress and arms that come out at all angles with little holes to put earring wires through. It's quite beautiful. Downside? Given my obsession with Tina's earrings it won't hold them all.

So lucky for me my daughter was watching out for me and bought me two more of them at Forever 21 of all places. They look kind of like this one but the arms extend way out and one of them is purple.

I'll try and take pictures later. I like them because they're attractive and functional. :)

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
I went a little nuts on Etsy a few weeks ago and my earring collection has gotten out of control.

Anyone have any recommendations for earring organizers? Help!
I plan on making a shadow box to show off some of my prized jewelry. I'll buy the shadow box pre-made, line it with black tarnish resistant cloth (I'm thinking it comes in all sorts of other colors too), then probably screw in tiny hook to hang everything from.

That way you can keep them dust free and protected, be able to view them, and hang it from the wall to free up horizontal space for more jewelry! :D

indy500tchr

No joke, my mom has a TACkLE BOX to keep most of her jewelry in. it works and you can get it in walmart.

My sister still has her Kaboodle from the 80's...A total tackle boxish accessory that needs to still be made.

Sugar Magnolia

so sweet.
Mine is very similar to Miss Vickie's. It's about 24 inches tall. I like her because she's wider in the hips, too. :happy:

Side note: the earrings hanging from the waist are Tina's. They are so very pretty - I've worn them just about every day since I received them. This pic doesn't show them off, but I love them, Tina!

View attachment Photo 310.jpg

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Those would never be big enough to hold all my jewelry. I am a jewelry nut lol. I used to have a couple of those Kaboodles boxes...

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
When I had a lot of earrings, I just cut open an old pillow case and tacked it onto the back of my closet door and hung the earrings there.

kayrae

doot doot doot
Awesome thread. I've been organizing my room and got a lot of cool ideas.

Latest posts