Easiest job to gain weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Seraphina

pudding
Office work... sit on your arse all day and for some reason there is an over abundance of cakes, chocolate and the like!

escapist

Belt Buster!
Yep I agree, being a computer programmer or operator really packed the pounds on me especially as I started working 10-12 hour shifts and had no more time for martial arts and regular exercise. For me that meant giving up thousands of calories a day I was burning, it quickly turned to weight gain. I put on 60 lbs in just 3-6 months or so.

wi-steve

I had breakfast at George Webb's in downtown Milwaukee today. I can tell you that it it seems to be wearing well for at least one drop dead gorgeous young lady that works there.

VVET

I know a librarian who gained alot on her lower half

KHayes666

Go away
Working a day AND night job. Screws up your metabolism, eating and sleeping habits all in one fell swoop.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
  • Receptionist
  • Cashier at a supermarket

Two jobs I've held and with both I gained rapidly. I was a receptionist for years and sat right outside the conference room on the same floor where the catering department was located. I had to swap out my chair twice.

Markt

I was a receptionist for years and sat right outside the conference room on the same floor where the catering department was located. I had to swap out my chair twice.
Lilly....you know what those comments do to us FA's, right? :bow:

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Lilly....you know what those comments do to us FA's, right? :bow:
My lawyers tell me that I *HAVE* to post the following disclaimer: not all FA's are in to bla bla yada yada yada fishcakes. But yes, I do know. ;) It's a true story though. :happy:

Markt

My lawyers tell me that I *HAVE* to post the following disclaimer: not all FA's are in to bla bla yada yada yada fishcakes. But yes, I do know. ;) It's a true story though. :happy:
I think the offhanded style of the remark makes it resonate that much more.

I've never been lucky enough to witness a female coworker's chair-outgrowth, which may be one reason it's a little fantasy of mine. :)

Personally I find I gain weight when I'm away from food most of the day, usually with back to back conference calls, meetings, etc. I forget to eat or simply don't have time, so that by the end of the day I'm ravenous and tired. Most of my calories get consumed then before passing out and sleeping...not good!

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
It's employee appreciation week at my job.....so free bagels and cream cheese today for breakfast. Tomorrow is a surprise luncheon.
I bet somebody provides donuts by Friday :p

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
It's employee appreciation week at my job.....so free bagels and cream cheese today for breakfast. Tomorrow is a surprise luncheon.
I bet somebody provides donuts by Friday :p
This sounds like my SO's office. She just got recruited to the potluck committee no less. I don't know what they do there exactly, but there is always food involved with different themes or parties...she'll text me often with sparse messages like "Cookie Day." (which was yesterday, coincidentally...) or "Pizza at Lunch."

I'm surprised no one's mentioned fast food yet, unless it's too obvious. I've never worked at a fast food place, but most of them probably have employee discounts right??

MzDeeZyre

Fatty McFatCakes
I am a Corporate Trainer, and the company that I work for provides catered lunches for trainees during their 4 week training program. I have gained quite a bit, with all of the delicious lunches they serve.

Amarillowave

I work as a physicians' office manager and sit on my ass all day. (I'm logged in under my husbands' profile)

i started gaining more rapidly when they quit letting us smoke at our desks. I started keeping a package of Reese's within arm's reach and I went thru a bag every other day or so at first. That's slowed a little, but it added about 20 lbs over 3-4 months.

tummytubby

A Yummy Tummy
In my current job there's no chance of gaining, I'm a pre-school teacher. All day running around with 2-4 year-olds, no eating except some fruit during the eat and drink moments.
My previous job was teacher-assistant, sitting most of the day, correcting students work and eating all the birthday treatments the children brought. 350 children in school, so almost every schoolday at least one birthday to be celebrated! :D:D:eat1:

Latest posts