Easiest job to gain weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

TheIceManVer2.0

As far as the preschool job goes, I used to date a girl who did that job. She worked there for a year or so and gained about 25lbs despite the running around. Her next job was a receptionist and gained another 25lbs in a year. So, 50lbs in two yrs isnt too bad, eh? Needless to say, I liked it. haha

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
This sounds like my SO's office. She just got recruited to the potluck committee no less. I don't know what they do there exactly, but there is always food involved with different themes or parties...she'll text me often with sparse messages like "Cookie Day." (which was yesterday, coincidentally...) or "Pizza at Lunch."

I'm surprised no one's mentioned fast food yet, unless it's too obvious. I've never worked at a fast food place, but most of them probably have employee discounts right??
I gained weight when I worked in a sub shop.....it was all the cheesecake and nachos, methinks......:doh:

Laura2008

Chicago hotdog
I worked midnights at a group home for the mentally ill. We had 6 guys and they slept through the night so all I had to do was check on them every 1/2 hour and do paperwork. The afternoon staff was always baking yummy desserts and dinners. There was always plenty of leftovers. I think I gained 100 lbs. in the 8 years I worked there. Man I miss all those home cooked meals:eat2:

degek2001

In The Netherlands you've a 'Snackbar' or 'Cafetaria' where you can eat patatas frites and meat from the deep-frying pan. Mostly they've also sweets, candybars and icecream (softice). :eat1:

I know a girl how's working at a 'snackbar' she's really grown. She was really pinch the whole day and eating a lott of frites and kroketten and frikadellen. I think she's gained 50 lbs in a year. After a year she'd a lovely belly and very soft lovehandles. Very sexy. :eat2: :smitten:

BBW MeganLynn44DD

I work retail and mall food is very fattening.The hours I work sometimes open to close and all alone,not fun so food is very comforting.Over 100 pounds in 10 years so I am an expert on the subject!

imfree

In Remembrance
Technically speaking...back in the old days, pre-2002.
many of those now extinct 2-way radio shops had
Portables/Pagers Techs who mostly sat and repaired
hand-held 2-way radios (portables) and pagers. The
combination of non-movement. eyestrain from working
with tiny parts, and stress of having to deal with
service managers and customers who were never
satisfied, was a recipe for weight gain.:eek:

Tracii

I took a part time job at a local bakery at the request of the owner just on Sundays so we'll see what happens.
Snacking on the job I was told is OK so I know I'll do my share.:)

degek2001

I took a part time job at a local bakery at the request of the owner just on Sundays so we'll see what happens.
Congratulations. This sounds like a dream job for you! Please, give us sometimes a little update. ;) I am curious. :wubu:
<3 Henk

Kenster102.5

I would say Transit Bus Driver. I see a lot of chicks driving our transit buses, most gain in the lower area.

imfree

In Remembrance
The number reminded me. An FM air personality would
be a good gig to gain weight. Sedentary work with the
on-air demand for perfection, and the resulting stress,
should do it!:doh::eek:

KHayes666

Go away
Congrats on getting the job, you've been after that for a while.

Tracii

Yeah its been fun so far and yes I have sampled all donut varieties.

Tracii

Oh V Vet its soo hard to say.LOL Raspberry swirl is really good double chocolate is oh so good too.
We make a cream cheese donut to die for.I have indulged in quite a few of those trust me.

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I'd imagine any sedentary job has the potential to make you gain weight. I've been a reference librarian for 16+ years: I spend a good part of my day parked on my ass in front of a computer. I consider myself in average shape and try to exercise/eat right and all that good stuff. I've put on a few over the years but I think I've lost a bit recently as my pants are getting looser (I stopped drinking soda back in April).

Anyway, since library work isn't a male dominated profession, I work with a variety of gals of all ages and sizes. I've enjoyed watching one gal, with a figure similar to "Plump Princess" (tall, leggy, pear-shaped), go up and down in size over the years. She's also broken two office chairs (that I know of) this year alone.

The teenagers we hire tend to be skinny when they start working there, stay through their college years and some of them fill out and some don't.

Dennis

KHayes666

Go away
Oh V Vet its soo hard to say.LOL Raspberry swirl is really good double chocolate is oh so good too.
We make a cream cheese donut to die for.I have indulged in quite a few of those trust me.
Looking at your most recent pix, I believe you.

vampirekitten

I work at a doctors office where we get catered lunches everyday, sometimes catered breakfast too.. and usually get treats all day long.. I'm usually eating from when I get there to when I leave.. plus we can bring whatever we want in on top of that :) :wubu::wubu::eat2::eat2:

Oldtimer76

Returned
I work at a doctors office where we get catered lunches everyday, sometimes catered breakfast too.. and usually get treats all day long.. I'm usually eating from when I get there to when I leave.. plus we can bring whatever we want in on top of that :) :wubu::wubu::eat2::eat2:
Wow! At a doctor's office?:happy:

Latest posts