Quantcast

Elroy Cohen's Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Moderator's note: This thread is dedicated to the fans of Elroy Cohen, a member of the Dimension's Writers Guild who has designated the following tales as representative of his work:

Austin's Diner
The Benedict Contract
The Swimsuit Challenge

The above stories may be accessed by using the search function, keyword Elroy. We recommend conducting author searches from the full library bar, located here.

Posts to this thread by fans will be automatically forwarded to Elroy Cohen, who like any author always appreciates recognition. If you as a fan post to this thread and have your thread response forwarding enabled you will receive copies of all future posts to this thread, including messages from Elroy Cohen.

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
I think I got my settings figured out, but I'll this a test to see if I really know what I'm doing.

ec

Raider X

I've enjoyed your story and hope there will be more chapters to come.

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Thanks, man.

Austin's Diner has about four chapters left to go.

ec

Raider X

You've finished Austin's Diner and I must say it was goooood!

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Thanks for the feedback, Raider. I really appreciate hearing that.

As much fun as I had writing that story, it's a very good feeling to have it completed. I'm generally happy with the end result. Although as with anything, there are parts of it I'm happier with then others.

Thanks again.

ec

Jake (JMJ)

That was an excellent story. It was well written and it was hard not to get into the happenings of each of the characters. Hope to see more of your work soon.

Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ)

That was an excellent story. It was well written and it was hard not to get into the happenings of each of the characters. Hope to see more of your work soon.

Jake (JMJ)
Sorry if that looked wrong, I clearly didn't mean that I didn't want to get into the happenings of the characters. Again, great work.

Jake (JMJ)

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
That didn't look wrong at all to me. That was exactly my hope that readers would be drawn in by the different things going on for the characters. I'm glad you found my story interesting.

Thanks for posting, Jake.

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
I haven't put anything in my thread for a while so since a couple people e-mailed me questions about my current story, "The Benedict Contract" and I unfortunatly lost their adresses I'll use my thread to reply. More or less they both asked me my plan for continuing that story. I'm not a big fan of giving away the storyline, even if I would have been able to reply directly, so I am just going to post the names of the remaining chapters. I'm not great at naming chapters, but at least it will let people know just how much is left.

Chapter 9 - My Diagnosis; you’re Fat
Chapter 10 - A Contest I can’t Lose
Chapter 11 - My Big Fall
Chapter 12 - My Bigger Fall
Chapter 13 - Coincidental Timing or Fate?
Chappter 14 - Settling in to a Dream Life
Chapter 15 - Arlington Who?
Epilogue

I know it seems odd to post the table of contents midway through, but hey it's my thread, I can be odd if I want. Or at least until someone tells me otherwise.

While I'm rambling I'll use this post to note what I'm working on next.

I have a rather long story started about a group of twenty-somethings who hang out together. There are multiple storylines but one involves and FA who is not afraid to let people know he is an FA and dates BBW's quite openly and his friend who is a closet FA whose parent's negative attidude towads heavier people keep him from dating the type of women he is really attracted to.

Secondly I have a less realistic story started about a rougue magician who has some unusual talents and a attractive female private investigator who tries to bring him to justice.

Anyway, that's honestly a lot more then I planned on going on about. Sorry for being long winded.

Happy New Year Everyone!

ec

Risible

Monkey Daze
Your stories are a lot of fun, EC. I'm happy to hear that you've got two more in the works beyond The Benedict Contract. I'll tell you something, I still think about your characters from Austin's Diner from time to time, they were that vivid.

The story about the rogue magician on the lam sounds particularly appealing ... can't wait!

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
That's so nice of you to say. It's good to hear.

I am kind of favoring the magician story myself right now, but I'll just have to see how things progress. I have been working on polishing some chapters of the "Benedict Contract" but when I do have time the magician story seems to be falling into place pretty well and it gives me a nice outlet when I get tired of proofreading and rewriting.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
It’s been a bit since I babbled on so here I go.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as The Benedict Contract goes. Work on that has been and will continue to be mostly proofreading until I clean it up enough to post (Which I hope to get the last two chapters and epilogue up by the end of the month, at the latest).

With only the boring grammatical stuff left my creative outlet has been a story I’ve titled One-twenty. It involves a female private investigator in Las Vegas who takes on a case where a pair of women think a man they had a one night stand with a year prior is the reason they’ve been gaining ten pounds a month since that lustful night. The PI doesn’t think much of the girls' claim, other then easy money, until she finds out the man in question is a magician whose trademark trick is turning flat chested female volunteers from the audience into overdeveloped, bra bursting beauties.

I’ve got a little ways to go with it yet, but I recently had a pretty big breakthrough on it. So forgive me if I seem a little self indulgent in talking about it already.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

ec

Risible

Monkey Daze
That combined with your trademark humor, and it sounds like a good read! I'm looking forward to it, EC!

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
I just posted a story in the Recent Additions forum. It’s the start of a new story for me so I’d just thought I’d post here an update of where I'm at with the not quite finished one I had going and the one I had previously posted about working on.

The magician story is still being worked on but because parts of the story tie together I really don’t want to post any of it before I have it at least completely roughed out (which I do not yet) first.

The BBW pro-wrestling bits I had been posting here hadn’t really been getting a lot of views (Although I did appreciate the positive comments) so I set that on the back burner for a while. I might get back to that at some point but I will probably wait until it gets moved off the recent additions forum and hidden away in a dark corner of the forums before I add on to it.

Hope you like the new one.

Thanks for reading

ec

Lardibutts

Aged Member
Hope you like the new one.
I love it. I've always admired your writing, it stands out from the simplistic dross by creating real characters with a deal of depth to them.

The BBW pro-wrestling bits I had been posting here hadn’t really been getting a lot of views (Although I did appreciate the positive comments) so I set that on the back burner for a while. I might get back to that at some point but I will probably wait until it gets moved off the recent additions forum and hidden away in a dark corner of the forums before I add on to it
I admit to having been seduced by this stuff too. There is originality and wit in these parodies - all the more outre as I find the whole "bear (bare) pit" context really hard to take.
But isn't this just the typical two-faced response of a soft "cheese eating surrender monkey" from across the pond?

L

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Originally posted by Lardibutts
I love it. I've always admired your writing, it stands out from the simplistic dross by creating real characters with a deal of depth to them.
Thank you. That really does mean a lot to me coming from you. Especially since this story was a little different then what I've done before.

Originally posted by Lardibutts
I admit to having been seduced by this stuff too. There is originality and wit in these parodies - all the more outre as I find the whole "bear (bare) pit" context really hard to take.
But isn't this just the typical two-faced response of a soft "cheese eating surrender monkey" from across the pond?
Don't get me wrong I knew that since the wrestling story's format was a tad unusual and pretty action oriented without much plot and narrowed even further by the wrestling thing that it would be a cultish story at best. Like I said, I may come back to it at some point.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
I'll try and post the start of a story I did for a friend who wanted something to illustrate as sort of a graphic novel. It never materialized but when I came across this recently I was inspired to get back to it as an unillustrated story. I can't promise anything however as my connection to the site seems to come and go from minute to minute lately for whatever reason. It'll surprise me if I manage to get this posted. Hopefully y'all enjoy it.

ec

Risible

Monkey Daze
Elroy, Webmaster's been having difficulties with his server/host for the past two-three weeks, but everything's been corrected, and since the grand reopening on a new host a day or two ago, so far so good. This would likely explain your iffy Dims connection of late.

Anyhoo, I look forward to your new material! :)

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Thanks for the explanation. Didn't mean to sound like I was griping about anything that was being worked on here. It was more or less a misplaced lament about issues on my end. I travel quite a bit and every so often the less then stellar wireless service at the places I stay has me pulling out my hair. I got around it by posting with my phone but that makes any final editing before I hit submit a strain on the eyes so I will probably wait until I get back to post more.

ec

Latest posts