Quantcast

Elroy Cohen's Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Risible

Monkey Daze
You post stories using your phone? Okay, that's dedication to your art!

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Haven’t used this for a while so I thought it might be a good place to tease an idea I’ve been kicking around for a time. It’s an idea I’m surprised I haven’t seen more: Reality TV with an FA/WG twist.

I got the framework together and and a few chapters, but like I said this is just a tease. When I get it finished I’ll post the entire thing out in the Recent Additions.

Enjoy.

The Swimsuit Challenge
Or
Mindless Reality TV for FA’s​

The Idea

Warren Navis reluctantly looked toward the huge pile of file folders on the desk of his Hollywood production office. As a successful television producer he should have been eagerly anticipating his next big project, but instead he had been putting off sifting through the possible ideas for weeks now.

That only allowed the pile to get taller as his assistant compiled information on every possible show idea he ran across.

The only thing networks were green lighting nowadays was reality shows. Show originality or quality had nothing to do with their selection as evidence by the fact that Warren had just wrapped a competition show for dog groomers. After overseeing the project that had a host whose only claim to fame was being on another reality show that no one remembered and where the winner ended up not even be a real dog groomer, Warren felt as if he had just wasted the last eight months of his life.

He knew the next project was bound to be just as mind numbing, if not more, but he figured the sooner he got it over with the better. With a deep sigh of exasperation Warren picked up the top four folders and paged through them.

All of them were from has-been movie stars from the eighties looking to make a comeback by having cameras follow them around.

Even though he was going to pass Warren knew he would see most of these guys on VH1 during summer programming

The next few concepts were even less promising. Then about midway through the stack Warren came across an idea from the swimwear division of a plus size clothing retailer that stood out: The Swimsuit Challenge – Watch women prepare their figures for swimsuit season…in reverse.

Underneath the intriguing title notes were scribbled about a competition where women would model their favorite bikini that fit their bodies perfectly and then over the course of year, instead of struggling to keep their bikini ready bodies, they would gorge on food and lounge around a beach house in attempt to be the one who was least able to squeeze into the suit the following summer. Weigh-ins would be done every other month and the clothing store would put up $50,000 for the most weight gained and another 50K for the contestant who got the best reaction from viewers when the too-small bikinis were displayed at year's end. Of course plus size bikinis that made the contestants’ softer, fuller figures look sexy would be given by the sponsor to all who participated.

It was a ridiculous, shallow and nonsensical idea, Warren thought. Perfect for reality television.

Of course Warren was a little biased, as he was a man who definitely appreciated a fuller figured women then most guys. Working on something like this might give him ideas on adding to the figure of his current girlfriend, whom he had already pampered into a button popping plumpness.

Casting might be the one problem to overcome Warren figured so he had his assistant do a quick preliminary online poll for the show in the usual locations: LA, New York and Atlanta. Contrary to the reaction he expected within a week he had responses from over 27,000 people wanting to audition.

Time to see what the networks thought of the idea.

Of course the network that was in fourth place in the overall ratings was Warren’s first thought for a possible home for the show. He was right. Thirty seconds into his lunch with the network executive the show was given the okay.

“Talk to my people about how much money you need. I see this as a great idea, Will. What better way to make couch potatoes feel good about themselves then to watch other people turn into bigger couch potatoes.”

Warren did not bother to correct the executive on his name. And even though he was just 30 Warren had been in the business long enough to be ready for the contingencies that came throughout the course of lunch: Depending on scheduling the network might bump the show to one of the sister cable networks further up the dial at any given time. Then there was the warning to expect much less money then he would ask for as contract negotiations for the network's teen drama were due in a couple months.

Warren just nodded and waited patiently for the lunch to be over so he could get busy on the next step: casting.

Risible

Monkey Daze
Sounds, fun, EC. Pop on over to the Paysite board for inspiration on tight-fitting bikinis! ;)

Jake (JMJ)

Sounds like another excellent story Elroy. Keep up all the good work, your stories are truly captivating.

Jake (JMJ)

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Pop on over to the Paysite board for inspiration on tight-fitting bikinis!
Well, as long as I have a good excuse.

Thanks for the interest Risible and Jake as well as those that PM'd. The story is coming along pretty well. I'll post it as soon as I get far enough along.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Haven't written anything in here for a while so I'd thought use it to let anyone who's concerned know that while I have more of the Swimsuit challenge to post soon, I also have a short Halloween themed story I'll try to get posted as well.

Hope you enjoy.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
It seems safe to go back in the water, so I’ll soon start putting up the start of a new story in the Recent Additions Forum.

It’s a story about a guy who stumbles into starting up a men’s magazine geared toward plus-sized women.

For some reason I feel compelled to add that it is a complete work of fiction for entertainment only, and should be read as such, if you chose to read it.

Enjoy.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Real life has calmed down enough for me to get back to writing, although it may be until next week before I have more ready to add to my Abundant Curvature story.

I do have a small snippet of the beginnings of a story as a tease. Kind of a sci-fi thing. I’ll post it here so it can just be considered some more of my inane rambling and that will save a moderator the trouble of having to edit it.

The Server

“No need to be alarmed. My name is Aries and I’ll be your server for the next three months.”

Those were the words that signaled a very long summer for Melanie Bryant and a new era in the life of Aries Winter

Some eighteen years before those life changing words were first spoken the story begins with a faulty microwave in a rundown trailer.

Well actually it all started when Breezy McHuchins, a full-figured stripper, damaged a condom with her long gold nails. In her rush to slide the latex on her plumber boyfriend, Bert Winter, she did enough damage to drop the percentage of effectiveness of the condom down to 0 percent.

That in itself is not really newsworthy for sure. A rather common story in fact and in this case Bert and Breezy were committed to each other and the moment they found out she was preggers went to the courthouse to tie the knot.

Even after that the initial events seem rather mundane. Bert rented a run down double-wide trailer and the couple moved in together. Bert worked as much overtime as he could and Breezy quit the strip club.

After the two weeks worth of Breezy waking up nauseous and slapping Bert’s hands away every time they came within a foot of her massively swollen, but extremely sensitive breasts (that were double D’s even before the pregnancy) it happened; Breezy began to get an increased appetite and very specific cravings. As a result she began to utilize the old microwave that came with the trailer.

The appliance’s size alone signaled its age, but it’s grimy, cracked appearance made one question its ability to function all together. It appeared as if someone had hurled the thing across the room on numerous occasions and then tried to piece it back together. Breezy was in no mind to give it much thought, despite a few pops and buzzes the thing did actually work and that was all she cared about. Whether it was at 3am when she reheated the fried chicken from the night before or ten at night when she was microwaving waffles because they did not have a toaster, all Breezy cared about was that seconds after food went in it came out ready to eat.

Every time the impatient newlywed would stand directly in front of the microwave waiting for her craving. There in laid the problem. The rickety appliance emanated more microwaves then it used to cook with and this had a very real consequence.

Some might argue it started long before Breezy gave birth. Breezy’s hunger and desire for some very odd food stuffs and resulting weight gain could very well have been a result of the faulty microwave’s harmful leakage. Although probably not. Before she had been a stripper Breezy had been a very obese teenager who loved junk food. An extended case of mono her senior year caused massive weight loss. Her wide, very round form morphed into an overdeveloped hourglass that she managed to maintain to an extent during her short lived career as a pole dancer.

So anyone that knew Breezy thought nothing of her increased appetite and the fact that her belly popped from microwaved Doritos with crumbled up Velveeta and mustard on top long before it would have popped from her pregnancy.

All while her breasts swelled and sagged and her belly grew and rounded she parked herself in front of the damaged old microwave, tapping her puffy feet, anxiously awaiting one of her ten meals a day or fifteen or so snacks. The unborn baby was mere inches from the buzzing machine.

So it was no surprise to anyone when after she waddled onto the scale at the doctor’s office hours before delivery the numbers revealed that the mom-to-be had gained an astonishing 75 pounds.

While her increase in weight was noteworthy it was far from out of the ordinary. The doctor gave her a slight admonishing for adding more then the usual twenty or thirty extra pounds and went on with the delivery.

The birth went relatively smoothly given Breezy’s lack of physical fitness and when the baby boy, who had been absorbing nine months worth of harmful microwaves came out…he looked completely normal. No horns or third eye at all. He was unusually cute for a newborn in fact.

The baby, named Aries after a deceased grandfather, passed all the healthy baby tests and in two days seemed more ready to go home then his still exhausted and sore mother.

So while it seemed at first that the infant had escaped any ill effects from the microwave the results of his exposure showed up shortly after arriving home.

Raider X

This is an interesting story... So as you write, do you go back and forth or do you just plow through?

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
This is an interesting story... So as you write, do you go back and forth or do you just plow through?

Thanks for the question. Usually I write what amounts to a quick sketch at first. If the idea takes I come back to it quite a bit to edit and fill it out to an actually story as opposed to a rough idea.

I have quite a few "sketches" that haven't gone anywhere yet.

As it relates to the above example, I'm pretty excited. Although I might have jumped the gun putting it up here. As I've written further I've realized this one might have to go "underground".;)

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
I recently posted a new installment of The Birth of Abundant Curvature story in the Recent Addistions Forum.

I also posted the start of a new story about a fictional sport involving dodge ball and eating competitions. The first part that I posted is basically the introduction. Hopefully it is not too boring as it is mostly a history of the sport and the rules.

Hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading.

ec

td0057

Hello Elroy,

I recently reread this story, and I really enjoyed it. I seem to remember reading subsequent chapters involving a golf outing. I think this was the same story, but I've slept since I read it so I may be mistaken. Is more of this story available? Perhaps you have written more. I remember the young bride being comforted with food inside the golf pro shop.

In any case, I enjoy reading all your stories. Your detail is great, and it is easy to get a mental picture of the fattening the way you discribe it in your stories. Thanks.

T.D.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
Thanks to your post I researched and corrected an error relative to this story.

Somehow two versions of this tale were in the library - one a partial with two chapters, another with eight. I have deleted the shorter of the two - here is the long one.

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Hello Elroy,

I recently reread this story, and I really enjoyed it. I seem to remember reading subsequent chapters involving a golf outing. I think this was the same story, but I've slept since I read it so I may be mistaken. Is more of this story available? Perhaps you have written more. I remember the young bride being comforted with food inside the golf pro shop.

In any case, I enjoy reading all your stories. Your detail is great, and it is easy to get a mental picture of the fattening the way you discribe it in your stories. Thanks.

T.D.
Glad you liked it. Glad for the feedback. Glad whatever confusion there was has been cleared up. Even more glad there turned out to be more story for you to read, because I don't think I'd ever add any more to that one.

Hope you enjoy the rest.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
For the couple fans of my work that may be out there, I just thought I'd type a quick note to say the creative urge has struck again. For those that follow my stuff here on this site alone I will just be waiting long enough to make sure the stories I'm working on stay within the guidelines and then I'll start putting some stuff up in Recent Additions. No real time frame or anything, but hopefully soon.

For those that aren't fans and don't follow my stuff, you must just be bored and I'm sure this post hasn't helped that in the least. Sorry.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Alright here’s another, more specific tease about two stories I’m putting the finishing touches on:

The first is one I wrote after being inspired by My Kind of Wife by Jim Fields. An old favorite that can be found in our very own Dimensions Library http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/dimtext/stories/wife.html

The other is one that has a plot very similar to another story I did fairly recently (No link for this one. I'll leave it a surprise). Only this one is a little more mysterious and has less characters to contend with.

Shouldn’t be too much longer now.

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
It’s your friendly neighborhood degenerate outcast with an update of sorts.

My mind is already thinking of Halloween themed stories, because that’s how my mind works most of the time, and because the Halloween story I did here last year went over pretty well. One possible shocking storyline I’m dreaming up includes (besides the usual weight gain) a topic that’s fairly new to me, but has been covered before here at Dimensions a number of times. In fact recently a writer who is pretty well known around these parts touched on the topic in one of their stories.

I don’t think that’ll be too hard to figure out what I’m hinting at but that’s all I’ll give up for now. We'll see how it goes.

ec

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Oh what the hell, I'll throw something up in the Recent Additions forum.

It's the start of something I've been working on centered around a series of competitions. Feedback, as always, is welcomed.

Latest posts