Enjoyment of eating in secret?

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by sarahe543, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Jul 9, 2019 #1

sarahe543

sarahe543

sarahe543

Anyone else do this?
    I sometimes just get really excited about having something really indulgent to eat in secret.
    Most of the things I think about are creamy like cream cakes, cheesecake, tiramisu that kind of thing.
    When I actually Do it it's such a buzz. I'm already thinking about what to have on Friday after work when I haven't got to be anywhere else.

2. Jul 9, 2019 #2

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Oh lord yes. Sometimes I'd rather have my extra food in lrivate even if I could have it in public, because of the extra thrill.

It is part of the danger of taking the car to work for me, so hard to resist stopping somewhere for a second breakfast or a snack on the way home. But at home, ir really anywhere, it is a thrill.

squeezablysoft and sarahe543 like this.
  3. Jul 10, 2019 #3

Fat-u-up

Fat-u-up

Fat-u-up

Imagination is the juice of creativity!

I think the thrill comes from knowing the potential results of your overindulgence - the promise of a slightly bigger roll, a new bulge, the tighter clothes. Being "naughty" and eating cream cakes and pastries, or consuming a whole bar of chocolate in the knowledge of just how many calories your are providing to your burgeoning fat cells. It's that blowing up of the balloon thing. Swelling and growth that spurs you on to be naughtier the next time in the hope of a bigger you. It's a truly magical and delicious feeling.

sarahe543 and squeezablysoft like this.
  4. Jul 11, 2019 #4

sarahe543

sarahe543

sarahe543

I have started hiding chocolate all over the place. So when I walk by I eat a few squares.

squeezablysoft and Tad like this.
  5. Jul 12, 2019 #5

sarahe543

sarahe543

sarahe543

My Friday post work milkshake is definitely a regular thing now. Usually with a doughnut to follow. I've found the calorie counter app on the Macdonald's website very useful for probably not their intended purpose
    @Tad if I had a car oh boy! I almost got one last year and I couldn't stop thinking about the drive-thru

6. Jul 12, 2019 #6

RVGleason

RVGleason

RVGleason

7. Jul 13, 2019 #7

Jay78

Jay78

Jay78

I’m eating sno balls and cherry pie in bed right now

squeezablysoft likes this.
  8. Jul 14, 2019 #8

sarahe543

sarahe543

sarahe543

Just went on a brief supermarket trip with the family and I was thinking how I wished I were alone and what I'd have bought if I were by myself. :/

squeezablysoft and Tad like this.
  9. Jul 15, 2019 #9

extra_m13

extra_m13

extra_m13

not for me... but coming home and finding empty chocolate packages or realizin that my lady has been eating some candy or that she had some cake just for her when she was supposedly on a diet, but she had it alone, trying to hide it, oh that is very hot, seeing the ice cream container suddenly empty, that draws a smile on my face

squeezablysoft and Sidhuriel like this.
  10. Jul 15, 2019 #10

jonj287

jonj287

jonj287

I've always been a big fan of this (eating in my car especially) due to the thrill that no one can see how much I'm eating in my car and knowing how naughty it is. I started doing it in college when I'd drive to 3 different fast food places and eat in a parking lot late at night....now with work and all I always do it for lunch. For me its the rush and excitement ...not gonna lie! I attached someone usual lunch meals..i love me some mcd's and donuts!

Attached Files:

sarahe543 and squeezablysoft like this.
  11. Jul 16, 2019 #11

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I've always enjoyed secret eating. I used to do it as a kid. I'd get up very early at weekends and raid the fridge and the kitchen cupboards. Then I would secretly eat in bed. I would do this with my two male cousins, when we were together. Gran always used to make a big Christmas cake and cover it with marzipan and icing. She would hide it but we would find it. We would eat all of the icing and marzipan. When she got the Christmas cake out, she would find that all the icing had disappeared.

I go on camps to study the Hindu scriptures. We have to eat a strictly vegan diet, while we're there. F**k that!!! I go to camp to study the Sanskrit language and its literature, not to go on a very windy slimming diet. I smuggle contraband into camp, such as cheese, jerky, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and Turkish delight. I do the old SS (secret supper) thing in bed. Eating, like everything else in life, is much more enjoyable and exciting, when it's against the rule and you might get caught.

squeezablysoft, sarahe543 and Tad like this.
  12. Jul 17, 2019 #12

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

I wouldn't call it secret eating but it is peaceful to just eat past content deep into the night when you can hear a pin drop outside. Just soothing, calming.

13. Aug 3, 2019 #13

GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward

I used to do this a lot but with work being so demanding and same with my training I've just slowly found myself eating lighter and cleaner.