Enjoyment of eating in secret?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

sarahe543

Anyone else do this?
I sometimes just get really excited about having something really indulgent to eat in secret.
Most of the things I think about are creamy like cream cakes, cheesecake, tiramisu that kind of thing.
When I actually Do it it's such a buzz. I'm already thinking about what to have on Friday after work when I haven't got to be anywhere else.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Oh lord yes. Sometimes I'd rather have my extra food in lrivate even if I could have it in public, because of the extra thrill.

It is part of the danger of taking the car to work for me, so hard to resist stopping somewhere for a second breakfast or a snack on the way home. But at home, ir really anywhere, it is a thrill.

Fat-u-up

I think the thrill comes from knowing the potential results of your overindulgence - the promise of a slightly bigger roll, a new bulge, the tighter clothes. Being "naughty" and eating cream cakes and pastries, or consuming a whole bar of chocolate in the knowledge of just how many calories your are providing to your burgeoning fat cells. It's that blowing up of the balloon thing. Swelling and growth that spurs you on to be naughtier the next time in the hope of a bigger you. It's a truly magical and delicious feeling.

sarahe543

My Friday post work milkshake is definitely a regular thing now. Usually with a doughnut to follow. I've found the calorie counter app on the Macdonald's website very useful for probably not their intended purpose
@Tad if I had a car oh boy! I almost got one last year and I couldn't stop thinking about the drive-thru

extra_m13

not for me... but coming home and finding empty chocolate packages or realizin that my lady has been eating some candy or that she had some cake just for her when she was supposedly on a diet, but she had it alone, trying to hide it, oh that is very hot, seeing the ice cream container suddenly empty, that draws a smile on my face

jonj287

I've always been a big fan of this (eating in my car especially) due to the thrill that no one can see how much I'm eating in my car and knowing how naughty it is. I started doing it in college when I'd drive to 3 different fast food places and eat in a parking lot late at night....now with work and all I always do it for lunch. For me its the rush and excitement ...not gonna lie! I attached someone usual lunch meals..i love me some mcd's and donuts!

Attachments

Shotha

DM Supporter
I've always enjoyed secret eating. I used to do it as a kid. I'd get up very early at weekends and raid the fridge and the kitchen cupboards. Then I would secretly eat in bed. I would do this with my two male cousins, when we were together. Gran always used to make a big Christmas cake and cover it with marzipan and icing. She would hide it but we would find it. We would eat all of the icing and marzipan. When she got the Christmas cake out, she would find that all the icing had disappeared.

I go on camps to study the Hindu scriptures. We have to eat a strictly vegan diet, while we're there. F**k that!!! I go to camp to study the Sanskrit language and its literature, not to go on a very windy slimming diet. I smuggle contraband into camp, such as cheese, jerky, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and Turkish delight. I do the old SS (secret supper) thing in bed. Eating, like everything else in life, is much more enjoyable and exciting, when it's against the rule and you might get caught.

GeeseHoward

I used to do this a lot but with work being so demanding and same with my training I've just slowly found myself eating lighter and cleaner.

voluptuouslover

Bringing thread back from a while ago -

My wife is a secret snacker on decedent ice creams, cookies and chocolates. After dinner and dessert I will go up and take a shower to settle in knowing my wife will continue snacking on ice cream sandwiches, chocolates etc. I learned this a while ago...that's why I give her time to continue "secret snacking" after dinner and dessert while I go and take a long shower. I come down as she is wiping crumbs off her lips and she heads up to shower up and I go to the trash can and find the wrappers of several ice cream sandwiches and like 10-12 small twix wrappers.

I on the other hand guess I "secret over eat" in my car as Jonj287 mentioned. This is what has lead to my over expanded waistline again. I am embarrassed to see some old friends next week that I used workout with at the Gym all the time.... with my gut probably 10-12" larger around than the last time I saw them. I am sure the first comment will be..."do you even work out anymore"....I guess Covid will be the best excuse.

queenarona

Yes! I love spending time alone watching myself get full off of junk food lol. One time I had the place to myself for the weekend and had pizza, mcdonalds, a ton of soda and rice cakes and hard cider. It was amazing, although it was too many sweets at once. o_O I'm definitely looking forward to doing that again once the pandemic is over and now that I have a full length mirror!

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
My car. Until someone gets in on the passenger side and encounters the wrappers of my secret indulgence. I try to keep a trashbag to contain my delight but it seems to be full all too often.

EmilyEW

Anyone else do this?
I sometimes just get really excited about having something really indulgent to eat in secret.
Most of the things I think about are creamy like cream cakes, cheesecake, tiramisu that kind of thing.
When I actually Do it it's such a buzz. I'm already thinking about what to have on Friday after work when I haven't got to be anywhere else.
Uh, anything cream should be mandatory. I've used to go to japan often before the stupid coronavirus and I found a place where they have those rolls, almost like some sort of cannoli but filled with strawberry cream. Uuuuuuuuu, I could live on these. I even learned katakana so I could find them in between freaking-fifty other delicatessens they had.
イチゴ クリーム
Honestly, I felt like I came from a third world country when I saw the culinary choices. And cakes! I could write a whole essay on the bombastic cakes and pastries they have literally everywhere. You just walk and there would be patisserie after patisserie. It is insane!

If you want to get fat in style, come with me to Japan. We could feed each other until we can't walk, every day. Book single-seat there, two seats on the way back. Hahaha!

cakes.jpg

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
When I go to an event, where food and drink are being provided, I like to secretly take extra slice of things, when I think that no one is looking. The funny thing is that I long to be caught and called out.

SSBHM

Uh, anything cream should be mandatory. I've used to go to japan often before the stupid coronavirus and I found a place where they have those rolls, almost like some sort of cannoli but filled with strawberry cream. Uuuuuuuuu, I could live on these. I even learned katakana so I could find them in between freaking-fifty other delicatessens they had.
イチゴ クリーム
Honestly, I felt like I came from a third world country when I saw the culinary choices. And cakes! I could write a whole essay on the bombastic cakes and pastries they have literally everywhere. You just walk and there would be patisserie after patisserie. It is insane!

If you want to get fat in style, come with me to Japan. We could feed each other until we can't walk, every day. Book single-seat there, two seats on the way back. Hahaha!

View attachment 139125
This assortment looks mouth watering! Sometimes it's not about the art but the colors, variety, and portions! Ok, when the virus thing is over I need a guide to visit as many of these places as possible. lol I hope that they survive, then I can give them the big boost in business they need to get back to full strength. Emily do you know many places like this? Any restrictions? Can you go to as many as you want each day? Any limits on how much you can buy? I know I could eat at least one of each of the individual items and perhaps one of the cakes too, on a visit. :)

Latest posts