Enjoyment of eating in secret?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

bobsmith93

Went to McDonalds for a second breakfast this morning as soon as I left the house. Double sausage and egg mcmuffin and a hash brown plus a donut for later. So good!

Shotha

DM Supporter
I smuggle forbidden foods such as non-vegan cheese into Sanskrit and Vedanta camps and have a secret feast under the sheets, before I go to sleep. I don't believe in overeating. There's no such thing. I like being fat. So, I can never eat too much.

Reactions: Tad

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
I've been a part of the "Secret Snacker Club" for years. I remember living with super health conscious people and several times bringing home a backpack full of treats to enjoy in the privacy of my room. ☺😌😎

LJ Rock

More and more lately I have become aware of just how significant a role "car eating" plays in my life. To most of us I think our cars represent freedom, the freedom to go where we want whenever we want and do as we please. The car is like a sacred space, where we can be alone with our thoughts; time spent driving alone gives us the space to get in touch with our thoughts and feelings and really process them - and I think it can also give us permission to give in to our desires and escape from our restraints.

So in my normal work I drive quite a bit, sometimes having to commute for hours to get to a job. This of course gives me ample time and opportunity to give in to gluttony, making multiple stops for snacks, convenience stores and drive-through windows, etc. Feeding/stuffing oneself is such an intimate act, and having that time alone to engage and indulge is like a way to escape and self-soothe (and the reason that my belly has stayed nice and round these last few years.)

Not having to drive as much for work has made me acutely aware of just how much I miss having that time, and makes me cherish the moments I am able to do it all the more. I don't think the "getting caught" thing has much appeal for me, at least not in this situation; for me it's more about being alone with myself and, for at least a short while, having the freedom to eat what I want without judgement from anyone else.

Latest posts