Enjoyment of eating in secret?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shotha

DM Supporter
I smuggle forbidden foods such as non-vegan cheese into Sanskrit and Vedanta camps and have a secret feast under the sheets, before I go to sleep. I don't believe in overeating. There's no such thing. I like being fat. So, I can never eat too much.

Reactions: Tad

LJ Rock

More and more lately I have become aware of just how significant a role "car eating" plays in my life. To most of us I think our cars represent freedom, the freedom to go where we want whenever we want and do as we please. The car is like a sacred space, where we can be alone with our thoughts; time spent driving alone gives us the space to get in touch with our thoughts and feelings and really process them - and I think it can also give us permission to give in to our desires and escape from our restraints.

So in my normal work I drive quite a bit, sometimes having to commute for hours to get to a job. This of course gives me ample time and opportunity to give in to gluttony, making multiple stops for snacks, convenience stores and drive-through windows, etc. Feeding/stuffing oneself is such an intimate act, and having that time alone to engage and indulge is like a way to escape and self-soothe (and the reason that my belly has stayed nice and round these last few years.)

Not having to drive as much for work has made me acutely aware of just how much I miss having that time, and makes me cherish the moments I am able to do it all the more. I don't think the "getting caught" thing has much appeal for me, at least not in this situation; for me it's more about being alone with myself and, for at least a short while, having the freedom to eat what I want without judgement from anyone else.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I ordered a taxi to take me into town yesterday (Friday) morning. The taxi driver was a petite and pretty young woman, who was a Muslim from Iran. She was a little early. So, I took my bag out to the cab and explained that I just needed to wait for my computer to power down. I caught her munching on biscuits, which she had packed into a little food container. As I opened the passenger side door, she was startled, hid the box of biscuits down the other side of her seat and brushed the crumbs from her lips. She would have been doing some secret eating, as it is now the month of Ramadan, during which Muslims are not allowed to eat during daylight hours. I felt all the sympathy, which one secret eater has for another secret eater.

Welcome to the "Secret Eaters" Club. In my backpack, I would hide a box of butter-cream cupcakes, cookies, pastries from the bakery and put them in my nightstand cabinet. Numerous times, I would hit the drive-thru to get my fill on fast food on a regular basis. Tomorrow, I am getting a small buttercream cake (adding 250 on top of the cake); to celebrate weighing in at 250-lbs.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Tomorrow, I am getting a small buttercream cake (adding 250 on top of the cake); to celebrate weighing in at 250-lbs.
I love this. I thought that I was the only person in the whole world, who celebrated getting fatter. I do it a little differently. Every time that I acquire and extra inch of girth, I celebrate with a girthday party.

Reactions: Tad

TheShannan

Cats, Dave Grohl and Dr. Phil 🙃
Welcome to the "Secret Eaters" Club. In my backpack, I would hide a box of butter-cream cupcakes, cookies, pastries from the bakery and put them in my nightstand cabinet. Numerous times, I would hit the drive-thru to get my fill on fast food on a regular basis. Tomorrow, I am getting a small buttercream cake (adding 250 on top of the cake); to celebrate weighing in at 250-lbs.
Sweets are my favorite to eat in secret❤❤

Latest posts