Ever feel stuck in your 20s?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Morganer

Ever feel stuck in the most exciting first adult decade of life? We are 30-39 now, and one day we will be out of this bracket. I know "30 is the new 20" and I agree.... So, do you ever take comfort in the games you used to play when we were in our 20s, and more foolish and care-free?

I just realized I did it again, like 20 minutes ago. Not sure WHY, but... I feel it something remnant of my 20s .

General question: Why can't (we) stop doing some of the things we used to do in our 20s?

MasonBlue

If you havent met that guy who wont:
cheat on you,
beat you,
sleep with your sister
Sleep with your mother
gamble your rent money,
Smoke your rent money
Be careless with your heart
mooch off you
have a criminal record

and
Is
CEO of his company
got his Phd
Models part time for Calvin Klein
Got a 400 acre farm
Drives a mercedes SKS
is captain of the soccer team
won the lottery
bench presses 300 lbs
loves kids
accepts you for who you are
Only want to be with you
and is still only 28

You arent going to meet him in your thirties. and less likely to meet him in your 40's.
BTW Bruce Wayne probably has Aspergers so dont stop there

missyj1978

cheat on you,
beat you,
sleep with your sister
Sleep with your mother
gamble your rent money,
Smoke your rent money
mooch off you
have a criminal record

bench presses 300 lbs
loves kids
Only want to be with you

and is still only 28

You arent going to meet him in your thirties. and less likely to meet him in your 40's.
I have found this guy and im 35 :D

On another note,
I still feel stuck in my 20's and alot of people still think I am in my 20's. I dont know what it is but I really do!!

Miskatonic

Advanced Killbot
Yes and it's awful. My twenties sucked and I want to leave them as far behind as possible.

Bafta1

Ever feel stuck in the most exciting first adult decade of life? We are 30-39 now, and one day we will be out of this bracket. I know "30 is the new 20" and I agree.... So, do you ever take comfort in the games you used to play when we were in our 20s, and more foolish and care-free?

I just realized I did it again, like 20 minutes ago. Not sure WHY, but... I feel it something remnant of my 20s .

General question: Why can't (we) stop doing some of the things we used to do in our 20s?
I just read an article about the difference between the War Generation and the Baby Boomers, and Generation X and the Millennials. The author said there is no longer a difference, a break, between generations because each generation now is more like a continuation of the previous one than a rebellion or reaction against it. We don't rebel against the Xers in the same way the Boomers did against the war-fighters. There has been no cultural watershed in the past 40 years.
I totally understand why you still feel in your 20s. I know I do. But then I've only just left them. Funny times.

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum
I really think we should have initiation ceremonies in this culture. We strip down, sit in a hut somewhere, get tattooed or branded, and come back as a bonafide adult, no questions asked. I've been told that I look, and act, like I'm in my early 20's. Me no likey.

Pinkbelly

Perpetually stuck in my 20s, and doing my best to convince the people around me that that's charming. So far it's working in a 50/50 sort of way...

brokemon

Yeah I'm totally stuck in my 20's- total manchild. It's fun, but I'm living in a dude-bro apocalypse where it's work 60 hours a week, and then spend Saturday night drinking like a Japanese salaryman.
I'm happy where I'm at, but I keep waiting for some kind of switch to flip so I can start sitting in my nook with a cozy sweater, drinking coffee with two hands on the mug.
Is it too late to blame video games?

jeninefr

cheat on you,
beat you,
sleep with your sister
Sleep with your mother
gamble your rent money,
Smoke your rent money
mooch off you
have a criminal record

and
Is
CEO of his company
got his Phd
Models part time for Calvin Klein
Got a 400 acre farm
Drives a mercedes SKS
is captain of the soccer team
won the lottery
bench presses 300 lbs
loves kids
Only want to be with you
and is still only 28

I knew it my 31 year old life is over with. Thanks!
#OutlookNotSoGood