Everyday Food Pics - Part II - keep snapping!! :D

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
oh, bring it! I'd kill for the meat/cheese/etc. platter! my god, i do love some dry italian salami.

and I love that the place uses real, hand-thrown pottery! Very nice touch and a great way to support us potters!

It was a cool place. I love the idea of share plates!

toni

In the know
So, last weekend we headed off to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.... and you know what that means... CARNIVAL FOOD!

So, witness the beauty that is Fried M&M's
OMG, that looks awesome! Carnival food rocks!!!! :bow:

wtchmel

This one's for you wtchmel! ;)

Last night was chili cheese dog casserole with brown sugar baked beans and avocado slices. (YUM!!)
Dude!!! My son and I were totally salivating over this yesterday,LOL, Yummm ;) And again today,lol :bow:

JeanC

Fat chick with a gun
Oooh, they look good! How did you prepare them Jean?
I cut boneless, skinless chicken thighs into strips, dredged them in seasoned flour (the batch in the pic I added a packet of ranch dressing mix), shook off the excess flour and laid on a baking sheet I'd hit with cooking spray. After all the strips were on the sheet I sprayed them with more spray and then into the oven until they were done. I flipped them once before they were done. You can season the flour however you want.

I came up with this when I didn't feel like breaking out the Fry Daddy cuz I was being very lazy that day :D

LovelyLiz

I cut boneless, skinless chicken thighs into strips, dredged them in seasoned flour (the batch in the pic I added a packet of ranch dressing mix), shook off the excess flour and laid on a baking sheet I'd hit with cooking spray. After all the strips were on the sheet I sprayed them with more spray and then into the oven until they were done. I flipped them once before they were done. You can season the flour however you want.

I came up with this when I didn't feel like breaking out the Fry Daddy cuz I was being very lazy that day :D
What temp did you have the oven on?

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter

Thanks Jean! I love how easy it is to prep.

MzDeeZyre

Fatty McFatCakes
So my nice little elderly neighbor lady came over tonight, and delivered some cupcakes. But not your ordinary cupcake, these are egg shaped cupcakes. I have never seen anything like this, and thought it was pretty cool. So I thought I'd share a few pics.

My kids seemed to like them. But they tasted weird to me. Could have been all of the frosting.

View attachment DSCF0563.JPG

View attachment DSCF0566.JPG

View attachment DSCF0568.JPG

Tracii

Pretty egg cakes.Kinda cool.I see what you mean about the frosting.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Those are too cute- ever make jello eggs? That's what I make for my kids for Easter instead of dyed eggs (my mom does the egg dye thing with them).

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
so....tell me more! What are Hello Dolly Bars??

They're a very simple, rich bar. I think they also go by the names Magic Bars or Seven Layer Bars. The recipe calls for nuts as well (pecans) but i'm not really a nut/baking kinda girl. They carry them at this amazing, retro bakery here so I thought I would try making my own.

They have to cool thoroughly though so i'm waiting to dig in... :)

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
They're a very simple, rich bar. I think they also go by the names Magic Bars or Seven Layer Bars. The recipe calls for nuts as well (pecans) but i'm not really a nut/baking kinda girl. They carry them at this amazing, retro bakery here so I thought I would try making my own.

They have to cool thoroughly though so i'm waiting to dig in... :)
I only see 6 ingredients..maybe they are 6-layer bars? hehe. Let us know how they turned out. They sound very sweet, but I'd love to try them!