Everyday Food Pics - Part II - keep snapping!! :D

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Leftovers from last night's shrimp curry experiment. I used Taste of Thai's red curry paste and fish sauce. I bought coconut cream accidentally, so I used a few tablespoons of that with hot water to make coconut milk, then I added Greek yogurt to the mix. I think I could have skipped that last step. It was pretty good anyway.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
this was lunch today

I did a veggie version yesterday but forgot to get a pic

so its nachos just without the sour cream and stuff cause I diddnt have any

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
I made something with a similar premise tonight, spiritangel.

Anyone hanging out on the Foodee board for a loooong time knows from my few posts here that I am generally a terrible cook (lol!). Seriously, I am. :) But tonight I felt like making something out of what I had left in my pantry (which was not much. lol). So here goes:

I took some canned chili and stirred in some fajita seasoning and cumin. I cooked some ramen noodles. I got out some shredded three-cheese blend, and cubed some bread. I melted some butter. Finally, I put the ramen noodles in a casserole dish, put the chili on top, covered it in lots of cheese, threw the bread on top and drizzled on the melted butter. Then I baked it at 375 for 30 minutes.

It actually turned out pretty good! :happy:

Nutty

I made something with a similar premise tonight, spiritangel.

Anyone hanging out on the Foodee board for a loooong time knows from my few posts here that I am generally a terrible cook (lol!). Seriously, I am. :) But tonight I felt like making something out of what I had left in my pantry (which was not much. lol). So here goes:

I took some canned chili and stirred in some fajita seasoning and cumin. I cooked some ramen noodles. I got out some shredded three-cheese blend, and cubed some bread. I melted some butter. Finally, I put the ramen noodles in a casserole dish, put the chili on top, covered it in lots of cheese, threw the bread on top and drizzled on the melted butter. Then I baked it at 375 for 30 minutes.

It actually turned out pretty good! :happy:
That looks soooooooooo yummy!

smithnwesson

Drug dealer
We spent the last week at North Carolina's Outer Banks. We ate out most of the time, but I did fix a nice supper.

Fresh local shrimp, fresh local asparagus, and some taters.

I posted this on another thread, but should have posted it here.

What an awesome supper and week. The four of us were pretty much stress-free:

:) - Jim

adasiyan

I was desperately craving something warm and chocolately this afternoon, so i made a tray of fudge brownies with belgian chocolate icing :D
I ate some whilst they were still piping hot and gooey and had a total foodgasm.

Sorry about the bad pics - i used my webcam since i couldnt find my digi cam.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
I was desperately craving something warm and chocolately this afternoon, so i made a tray of fudge brownies with belgian chocolate icing :D
I ate some whilst they were still piping hot and gooey and had a total foodgasm.

Sorry about the bad pics - i used my webcam since i couldnt find my digi cam.

omg you literally just made me drool yummmmmmmmmmmmm

Gingembre

radar detector
Oh my lord, they look LUSH! Please post the recipe! :bow:

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Laura, that looks really good! Have you posted a recipe for the rolls?
I haven't, but here it is. Looks like they're called Summer, not Spring rolls. :) I've added a little lettuce to each one the last couple of times I made them and dip them in Hoisin sauce.

Thai Summer Rolls

Soak 6 Thai rice paper wrappers (available in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets) in warm water until soft, about 10 seconds. Lay them flat on your work surface and top each with 1 large cooked cocktail shrimp (about 1 ounce), 2 cucumber slices, 2 tablespoons shredded carrot, 1 tablespoon minced scallion (green part only), and 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce. Roll to seal in the filling; serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.

Latest posts