Quantcast

Explain your screen name

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CPProp

A bright spark, but need to be plugged in
When I joined, I was involved with quoting for ships propulsion systems, including Diesels, gear boxes and particularly controllable pitch propellers - usually abbreviated to CP Props, I thought this would not get the “ someone is already using that name” and I was correct so that’s the one I chose.

Cynthia

I first showed up at Dimensions in the mid-90s (the Dark Ages!) and have had at least a few handles since then, probably none of which I can accurately remember ... something to do with hippies, sunflowers, etc. Eons ago, an old member (Vince B from, I think, Australia?) challenged all of us to use our real names, which I subsequently did.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
When I was first on the forums which later became the Dimensions forums I suddenly had to come up with a user name. I was trying to think of something descriptive of my interest in the FA/fat-accepting/feedist community (this was pretty much THE place on the web for all things fat-love related back then, so it pulled in all kinds). But I felt that I was a bit of FA and a bit of liking being fat and a bit of a feeder and a bit of a feedist -- or to sound a bit more pretentious about it all I was a tad of this and a tad of that, and voila I had my user name.

(I did change to Edx for a while (Ed is my middle name, x was because I'd tried Ed, Ed2, and Ed3 but back then names were not registered, you chose a name every time you logged in, and those others kept getting grabbed, so being a math nerd I made the obvious sequence jump of '0, 1, 2, ...., x' and went to Edx. When other sites on the web began to cover portions of this community I was using Edx here and kept that name on other sites. Then I switched back to Tad here because nobody understood 'Edx' without an explanation. Then later I had the idea to change my name on those other sites to Edxl (Ed, sized XL), which is outdated now but Ed2xl seemed even more confusing ... I'm glad I'd just switched back to Tad here)

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
Mine is really simple and I may have posted it on here before. First and middle name and year of birth. Now I would probably come up with something more interesting, but I wasn't really thinking about that way back when lol! :D

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Loopy was actually the name of my pet snake when I was 12.

First account on anything anywhere with that name was Loopy3000143 on Neopets,18 years ago, hah.

First account as loopytheone was my deviantART account not long after.

First account as loopytheon was this year, because I can't type. 😂

Shotha

DM Supporter
My first name on my birth certificate is Frank. However, my mother's side of the family, which is for the most part Georgian, wanted t have me baptized with a Georgian name and did so. They chose the name Shotha. As no one else on their side of the family has this name, I can only assume that they named me after the Georgian poet Shotha Rusthaveli, who wrote the Georgian national epic poem Vepkhist'q'aosani (The Knight in the Panther Skin). So, the name might not be my official name but I can claim that it is a real name. I've used it as a screen name on several sites.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter

First account on anything anywhere with that name was Loopy3000143 on Neopets,18 years ago, hah.

I had several pet snakes growing up. I only named the first three, though.

Sydney was my first. He was a Texas Bull Snake.
Pete was my second; a six-foot red-railed boa constrictor. He was actually the personal pet of the guy who ran the fish and reptile center at the pet store, but he gave Pete to me as a birthday gift when he had to go back out on the road. He was a truck-driver, primarily.
Herbie was my third; a Speckled Kingsnake.

I had a couple of others over the years, including a rescued boa, and a grey-banded kingsnake, but I reached a point where I didn't feel comfortable keeping anything in a cage, so I stopped keeping reptiles as pets.

I still catch them occasionally, though. Especially venomous ones that encroach on the property of wherever I've worked. I catch them to ease the anxiety of my co-workers and release them elsewhere, in places where they are less likely to come across humans.
Honestly, I do it more for the snakes, so they won't get killed by ignorant people, than I do for the humans.

Last edited:

squeezablysoft

I like Loopy cause it makes me think of Froot Loops. I'm a notorious cereal killer lol.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I had several pet snakes growing up. I only named the first three, though.

Sydney was my first. He was a Texas Bull Snake.
Pete was my second; a six-foot red-railed boa constrictor. He was actually the personal pet of the guy who ran the fish and reptile center at the pet store, but he gave Pete to me as a birthday gift when he had to go back out on the road. He was a truck-driver, primarily.
Herbie was my third; a Speckled Kingsnake.

I had a couple of others over the years, including a rescued boa, and a grey-banded kingsnake, but I reached a point where I didn't feel comfortable keeping anything in a cage, so I stopped keeping reptiles as pets.

I still catch them occasionally, though. Especially venomous ones that encroach on the property of wherever I've worked. I catch them to ease the anxiety of my co-workers and release them elsewhere, in places where they are less likely to come across humans.
Honestly, I do it more for the snakes, so they won't get killed by ignorant people, than I do for the humans.
A pet snake as a birthday present - that was how my very personal nightmare would begin.

Generally speaking I like animals but snakes kind of freak me out...

Latest posts