• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Eyelash thread! (ok now someone make an eyeball thread)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
mascara is a son of a bitch, isn't it ladies? i'm the makeuppiest broad on the planet and i still can't settle on one of them i really, truly love. or even one i really truly like, actually. if they don't smudge, they flake. if they don't flake, they clump and give you tarantula lashes. if they don't do any of that, they dry up within a week of opening the tube and cost $25 to replace.

the upside to this is that you're supposed to replace your tube every month or so, so by being picky, i'm inadvertently being hygienic. which is nice.

that said, i mentioned in the eyebrow thread (v2) that i use clean (free!) mascara wands from sephora to get my lashes how i like them (even with sub-par mascara), so i'll elucidate on that here:
1. curl your lashes, if you do that (i don't - i lucked out in the curly-lash department).
2. remove mascara wand from tube, wipe off the tip on a kleenex (thanks sasha!), and apply one serious coat.
3. while it's still wet on your lashes (so quickly), take a clean disposable mascara wand and go over the whole thing, just like you're doing another coat. get in there and wiggle it around at the base of your lashes, to really separate them and make them look feathery and full.
4. repeat steps 2 & 3.
the key here is to do the whole thing as fastfastfast as you possibly can, as the more it dries as you're doing it, the clumpier the end result will be. and the whole point of doing the clean-wand trick is to avoid clumps and just make them look like naturally full, dark, long lashes.

i also have a tweezerman metal lash comb (about $5, and reportedly the best tool for the job), and i have to say the free disposable wands work way better, in my opinion.

ok so anyways, lash tricks, mascara recommendations, i wanna hear them.
also i know vickie got lash extensions a while ago, and i'm hoping she'll give me an update on how those are working out.

Latest posts

Back