FA mistakes?

Discussion in 'BBW/FA Board' started by Tad, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Apr 7, 2009 #1

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Have you ever done something specifically FA related that you now realize was really a mistake?

=====================================

Here is (one) of mine, as a start. When my wife was first getting plus-sized, she began to comment how she felt very self-conscious in many social situations, because she was very clearly the fattest one there. In classic male manner, I took these comments to indicate a problem which I was supposed to solve.

Her losing weight was not a solution I wanted to encourage. Her learning not to mind being the biggest there was clearly going to take a fair bit of time, at the least. So after a bit of pondering, I announced one day that we should set out to make some fat friends, to make for more comfortable socializing. I even offered to come up with ways to try and find them.

It made perfect sense to me at the time. :rolleyes:

To my wife, not so much. :eek:

I think it was right around then that she started talking about not wanting to get any bigger… :doh:

So yah, I think the lesson is that if a woman is uncomfortable with her size, suggesting you alter your lives to make her size less of an issue is probably not wise.....

2. Apr 7, 2009 #2

swamptoad

swamptoad

swamptoad

Sometimes, my wife has a sense of humor about herself that I JUST DON"T GET. I have been trying to get used to it and not be all sensitive about it either.

And it rarely happens but when it does it still kinda bugs me.

It's basically just her joking around and taking light of situations (in front of family or friends) and she makes humor about "fat" ..

We've talked to one another about it and now I have become less-sensitive as I understand reasons why she does it. I think that I dig way too deep into what she jokes about and it somehow bothers me.

Now, I don't react as uptight and quiet and so on as I had in the past.

So thats my mistake, I suppose.

3. Apr 8, 2009 #3

exile in thighville

exile in thighville

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/

god, where to begin.

got my first date ever, at 13, canceled because i was a creep and joked to mildly bigger girl about feeding her chocolates and teasing about gaining.

took advantage of one chubbyish girlfriend's open mind and good nature by showing her paysite girls all the time and basically slamming home the point HI YOU'RE TOO SMALL.

during feederguilt phase decided not to tell fat girlfriend about feederism and ended up trying to get my fix to girls on cam while gf slept next to me. she wasn't always asleep.

4. Apr 8, 2009 #4

Ben from England

Ben from England

Ben from England

Sometimes, I wish I could just Shut The Fuck Up.

I dunno if it's totally FA exclusive, but my biggest mistake, one that I still make time and time again, is saying absolutely everything I am worried about or thinking.

A perfect FA example is my never ending, cyclical battle with good old FA guilt. I think there is a point when you have to decide whether what you’re saying is constructive or just tired neurosis that is a drag to hear about. I want a communicative relationship and all, but I wish I didn't make my girlfriend (and everyone else around me) suffer through every inch of my personal growth, as an FA or otherwise.

Broseph likes this.
  5. Apr 8, 2009 #5

Mini

Mini

Mini

Right, not nice

It took me awhile to realize that calling girls fat was not as much of a compliment to them as I intended it to be.

Broseph and exile in thighville like this.
  6. Apr 8, 2009 #6

Jon Blaze

Jon Blaze

Jon Blaze

Dusk

https://www.facebook.com/drunkentempest, M
    Something like this. It's hard for me to know whether the person I'm talking to finds the term derogatory, neutral, or of endearment. I don't use it often, because I can never know initially.

7. Apr 8, 2009 #7

Haunted

Haunted

Haunted

Bi-Coastal!!!

I totally go on and on to my gf about my guilt and my feelings about being an fa, I make myself crazy I can only imagine the silent screams of "shut up and just love me for me! And know I love you neaurosis and all"

Cors likes this.
  8. Apr 8, 2009 #8

Cors

Cors

Cors

Delurking

Totally this! My fat friends didn't like me asking them to join Dims either because they don't relate or don't want to relate to the fat experience.

Years of having to defend my preference makes me overexplain my preference sometimes, even though it is not something one should have to justify.

James likes this.
  9. Apr 8, 2009 #9

exile in thighville

exile in thighville

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/

oh bingo hard.

10. Apr 8, 2009 #10

mergirl

mergirl

mergirl

indeed.
    I remember once about 6 years ago i was in a pub and this fat chick was moaning that her friends had all hooked up with people and left her.. I started talking about dimensions chat etc and how there are loads of people who think fat women are really beautiful. She was really pissed off at me. I learned that some fat women dont want you to acknowledge they are fat. I think i got carried away in 'fat' acceptance and thought all fat people in the world would share my joy at the fact there are Fa's and fat people who dont hate you when you use the word fat. I think dimensions can be a slight fa/fat accepting bubble at times.. which used to burst and sting my eyes in the real world... Think you learn pretty quick though, when you see someone being upset like that. :(

11. Apr 8, 2009 #11

CCC

CCC

CCC

This wasn't really an external mistake with consequences; more of a mistake of mindset. I think this is a pretty classic one, which has just as much to do with being an asshole as being an FA.

A few years ago I approached a big girl who I liked and basically professed my feelings for her (including the fact that I thought her body was beautiful), absolutely sure beforehand that she would joyously reciprocate, because she would have finally found the rare and valued "FA," who she had probably been seeking her whole life.

She wasn't at all interested, which left me confused and disappointed at the time.

Needless to say (hopefully) I've matured since then.

12. Apr 8, 2009 #12

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

This would be my FA mistake #2, committed a year or two after number one, described above, and showing that I still didn't get it. Upon first getting online and finding size acceptance sites, I gushed to my wife about how wonderful all this was and told her she should check them out.

Erm, didn't go over so well. She had less than no interest, she quite clearly had no desire to deliberately associate with other fat people. She could, somewhat grudgingly, accept that this is something important to me, but she doesn't want to know about it, or have it brought into our joint lives at all.

After that I set up mental 'paper walls' to separate my FA side from my husband side as much as I could.

13. Apr 8, 2009 #13

mergirl

mergirl

mergirl

hmm.. My gf (The fab Goldendelicious) was kinna like that before she really realised how much of a flaming Fa i was. I had been hampering on at her to join dimensions, not really for me (as i have to tone down my sleeze! lol) but because i have seen what a brilliant resorce dimensions really is for big women, especially if they are having seft esteem issues. She doesnt really come on that much but sometimes we will both be on our laptops chattering to each other about what people are saying on dimensions. It is very bonding, i guess because she realises more about my sexuality (which can be nice ;) ) and i get to hear about what she thinks about issues such as body acceptance, and where she is in regards to her feelings to herself in that regard. I suppose if i had a really negative reaction from her to begin with i might not have pushed it.. but then i think i would feel i was living a kinna double life somehow.

14. Apr 8, 2009 #14

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL

I suffer from serious LUST BLINDNESS with BHM, I can get so lost in the fantasy of it all, that the fact that he might be 1/2 of my age and across the pond, fall to the way side, I am so caught up with the beauty and go to great lengths to convince myself that we HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON, hahaha....DENIAL, not a river in Egypt......:doh:

15. Apr 8, 2009 #15

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Mer;

In our case, my wife never got larger than small BBW, and later got back down to what you might call borderline BBW (size 14-16 north american, size 16-18 UK I suppose that would mean). Even at her heaviest she didn't really identify as "a fat person" and did not want to be seen that way. I think the social aspects of being fat bothered her more than the physical ever did. So in her case this was part of a growing decision that she did not want to be "a fat person." All right about the time that I was discovering how much of an FA I was.

I guess you could say that we'd each had a lot of assumptions that we'd never articulated, even to ourselves. When these undefined assumptions clashed, it did result in some interesting mental adjustments for me, probably for her too.

16. Apr 8, 2009 #16

mergirl

mergirl

mergirl

Ahh..i see. I think perhaps if you are on the cusp of what is socially defined as fat it may be harder to accept for some people, than if there is no doubting you are fat. I guess it woulds be difficult if you knew your partner was into something which you struggled not to be. I can understand why she was less excited about Dimensions than you would be. I think to many Fa's, discovering sites like dimensions really is a 'revelation', because they realise what they are has a name and lots of people subscribe to that. If you are fat on the other hand, you know this about yourself from the offset and dont need a website to tell you this fact. Though, I think if i was fat and discovered dims i would be really happy because i would realise that there are people who genuinly prefered my body type and i also think i would find it really helpful to talk to other big women about their experiences.. hmm

17. Apr 8, 2009 #17

LillyBBBW

LillyBBBW

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher

When I first discovered Dims I wasn't all that enthusiastic. A quick glance and I was gone. At that time it seemed the whole world was focused on the fact that I was fat. Everything was about it either negatively or positively. I knew I was fat and was okay with it but I was really trying to separate my identity from being thumbs up or thumbs down in the eyes of the world over it if that makes any sense. I just wanted to self identify so joining a fat community wasn't really what I needed at that time. It wasn't till much later. I was involved in a project that landed my photo on the old weight board and I was being discussed. Somebody linked me to it and I jumped right in to the conversation. It was the people here that hooked me. :wubu:

18. Apr 8, 2009 #18

mergirl

mergirl

mergirl

I can see what you mean. I guess sometimes even positive remarks about something that you dont want to be a big deal could be anoying. To be honest i think its the people here that have hooked me too. I know there are other sites but i have never really been that interested. I'm glad you decided to stay btw. :)

19. Apr 8, 2009 #19

Dr. P Marshall

Dr. P Marshall

Dr. P Marshall

To quote exile "Oh bingo hard." Everyone here knows I am very guilty of this.:doh::p

I also used to forget out in the real world that a BHM I might be checking out didn't automatically realize that that was an admiring gaze. So I have learned to be more subtle. I fear I may have made more than one fat man self-conscious when my intention was the opposite.:blush:

20. Apr 8, 2009 #20

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL

UMMM ya what she saidx10 INITIALLY. I scared my first BHM in my first real online convos....I was just OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG he's real :eek: and he is talking to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D