FA Pride Flag

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Kompliziert

Complicated
Hey all,

Why doesn't our global community of fat admirers have a pride flag? I would LOVE a way to support and recognize other members of the community out "in the wild," and I think this would be a great way to do it!

Here's my idea for it:

• The flag's dimensions are 2:3, a common flag ratio which I find aesthetically pleasing and which is an easy ratio to reproduce.
  • I chose red and yellow because they are a common color pair meant to make people hungry and they are colors associated with food.
  • I chose to include a pink heart because it is a clear indicator of love and romance.
    • In addition to the universal understanding of this symbol as one of love, I chose to include the shape of a heart—rather than a pink stripe—because pride flags that only feature stripes are very repetitive, unoriginal, far too similar, and boring, in my opinion.
    • (In no way do I feel that this reflects upon the validity of the cause that these flags support, but flags that fail to leave a distinct impression and fail to be easily recognizable are ineffective flags.)
    • Anyone who wished to include another pride flag within the heart would be able to easily do so, and therefore show their pride in belonging to sub-communities of the FA world (such as replacing the pink of the heart with the gay pride flag to represent the LGBT+ members of the FA community).
  • I chose to outline the heart in brown because
    1. Brown is a dark orange, which is a combination of red and yellow (the main colors),
    2. The brown border helps to make the heart stand out from the background, making it more identifiable and visually pleasing, and
    3. Brown calls chocolate to mind, and brown and pink together are reminiscent of neapolitan ice cream (yum! :eat2: ).

Also, you will notice the "F" on the side; I thought it would be neat to have specific letters that, should one choose to self-identify as such, would make it apparent what the bearer considered herself/himself to be:
  • F - Feeder
  • G - Gainer
  • A - Admirer
  • M - Mutual Gainer

Please share your opinions on the matter!! I would really love to have some kind of flag for our community! I would love to hear your thoughts, and we can all collaborate to make a flag that really feels like "us." Also, it's worth mentioning that I would like the flag to represent all within the fat admirer community, not just the Dimensions community.

Last edited:

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Flags are never round, because cloth circles don't fly properly.

But I agree with Dr. Feelgood that including a round element in the design would be a good idea.

TwoSwords

It's quite attractive, but ... shouldn't the flag be round?
The flag can't be round, but you could have a circle around the heart, which could divide the yellow from the red, with the yellow on the inside and the red on the outside. I also suggest using less yellow than red, because while yellow may make some people hungry, it's also commonly associated with feelings of sadness as well.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
This is another version, interesting how certain ideas, like the heart symbol and Neapolitan ice cream colors, keep being included by different designers independently of each other.

http://wipipedia.org/index.php/Adipophilia_Pride_Flag
The flag you referenced is for a fat fetish flag. I’m one of those sticklers that believe there is fetish and those that prefer fat partners ( FA). I do love that the heart made it into both of these.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
This is an interesting color chart from a psychological viewpoint.

https://graf1x.com/color-psychology-emotion-meaning-poster/

I understand using the Red and Yellow to signify hunger. I keep running to the though that looking for colors that mean abundance, safety, acceptance. Those types of things. Like creating a safe place for fatties and those they love and Love them.

http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html This article has an interesting color wheel that says to me blue and purple would be great colors to use.

http://www.witchipedia.com/main:colors

This one from another perspective says brown and green.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
Staff member
Global Moderator
Much like the gays have used the Greek letter Lambda I’ve always thought our secret symbol could be the Omega for 2 reasons. First, it’s round and has little feet. Looks like a chubby person! And second - it has the word “mega” in it.

Could be a subtle lapel pin.

Honestly I don't entirely see the point of having a pride flag for us, but I recognize that to some it could be important. That said, someone might want to think of another letter for someone who's fat and isn't a feeder/gainer/etc :p

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
The flag you referenced is for a fat fetish flag. I’m one of those sticklers that believe there is fetish and those that prefer fat partners ( FA). I do love that the heart made it into both of these.
Yes! Thank you! I’ve been saying this for years! Just be careful. I’ve been crucified right here on Dims for expressing this belief!:confused:

Group builder