FA Spirituality

Discussion in 'Fat sexuality' started by bigplaidpants, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Feb 4, 2007 #21

ManOWar

ManOWar

ManOWar

When you're in touch with spirit in its purest form, you see it in everyone and everything---young, old, thin, fat, gay, straight, republican, demo, in the evil and the good, in those you loathe and love---it's unconditional. It's at the motor vehicle and in church, it's in the eyes of a baby and the person tailgating you, it's in preparing a meal and sitting on the toilet.

That said, there is a special holy wonder to the fat female form.

LillyBBBW and Carrie like this.
  2. Feb 5, 2007 #22

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

Stan -

That was very interesting, thoughtful :). I think you're right--you do feel someone's personal energy differently when they're big. Just cause. It makes some people nervous, of course, but the folks who like it...like it :). And you're right--we're not just talking about fat when we're talking about a fat body. It's muscle, it's bone, it's the interaction twixt all these things. Like any body, but with a big one...it's different. Experience it differently. And motion, movement....have you ever seen anything faster than the way a fat person moves when they're moving fast? Changes the physics of things...

Ooooh, I'm rambling again. Can't stop thinkin about this...partly cause I never felt the need to define it, particularly.

Vive la squishiness

liz.

3. Feb 5, 2007 #23

bigplaidpants

bigplaidpants

bigplaidpants

FAtari

Liz,

Yours is such a rich post. You touch on many things that interest me. Ultimately, I want to reach for that something that is unique in the fat body/fat admiration experience. It doesn't have to be "over the long run" with the same person, etc. For me, its all about the sensuality and erotics, which forces you not to be just in relation with yourself, but happens and connects in relation with another - friend or lover. The connections you make in your post to that idea are really exciting. I would love to respond to your thoughts one-by-one. But, it'd take too long. Let me comment on a few.

First, I agree there is something spiritual about just coming to terms with your body - no matter what it's like. I think this can be a spiritual experience for anyone. But, undoubtedly, at the same time there seems something unique about it for large/fat bodies. This is how I understand the statement you made,

The connection, which happens both inside and outside oneself, for me is what makes it spiritual. For me, finding this connection was born out of a longing. Fat encounters simultaneoulsy transcended and grounded me in my body. The fatness, size, proportion, and unique sensual intimacy that came with those encounters is what gave it an intense and unique quality. Moreover, the way society views/treats fat people and fat attraction made the whole encounter more powerful. What was happening was strangely subversive, defiant, and gave it a rush that kept giving. The "rightness" and intense pleasure was - and always is - rapturous for me. It's what makes it so erotic - in other words, longed for for it's own sake. The intimacy it generates is a home-coming. For me, coming to terms with my "FA-ness" made the world right, finally.

Your comment about the "physical imagination" is really entriguing. I'd love to hear more about that. At least for me, entwining my imagination with someone else's physical experience just makes the relationship deeper and more exciting. It drives the whole eroticism deeper, below appearences. (Not that the appearences go to the wayside, of course.) Fantasy, here, interacts with physical contact. Imagination adds that layer of meaning and uniqueness that can exist just between the BBW and FA (or BHM/FFA). Your right, some FA's really get off by seeing the demands and limitations of a bigger body. I know this area can be a touchy subject - but intensely erotic just the same.

No doubt. The corporeality of FA/BBW spirituality is exactly what I think has such potential. Fat corporeality = fat spirituality. Traditionally, spirituality has meant asceticism, i.e. fasting, denying the body, turning away from bodily existence, erotics, and pleasure. FA/BBW spirituality, for me, is all about the opposite: abundance, indulgence, immersion, bodily escape, fusion, sensuality, even being envoloped or overwhelmed.

This quote hits on it:

As an FA, a BBW is the measure of femininity. It is the begining of eroticism. The touch, the feel, the "in-creased" possibilities :rolleyes: and longing is what makes the encounter so much more than simply "sex." Fat-sexual encounter is ultra-sensual, and anything less is, well, less.

Of course, not everyone will agree with this. I'm not trying to "norm" the FA or BBW experience. It's obvious, I think, that the FA/BBW experience would lose something if it was normal-ized, standardized, became confined or limited. Fat erotics is all about wanting "more," something different, right?

Thanks for rambling. It's affirming. Rambling, I think, is the only way through a topic like this.

4. Feb 5, 2007 #24

bigplaidpants

bigplaidpants

bigplaidpants

FAtari

I have to say, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. :)

5. Feb 5, 2007 #25

rainyday

rainyday

rainyday

Departed

I'm very curious to see what our forms off this terrestrial plane will look like, since presumably they'll be different from the ones we occupy now--and whether they will be uniform or as rich in variation as they are here. Many near death experiencers describe them as wispy, amorphous and mutable, but I've never seen any mention of size. May have to wait a while to find this out.

6. Feb 5, 2007 #26

Phalloidium

Phalloidium

Phalloidium

I think that buzz is something greater. It's the buzz of being true to yourself. The more you live your life the way that feels right, the more life becomes one big buzz.

7. Feb 5, 2007 #27

bigplaidpants

bigplaidpants

bigplaidpants

FAtari

Religious or not, this sounds like the beginning of a prayer of thanksgiving. :bow:

Amen.

8. Feb 6, 2007 #28

Baba Fats

Baba Fats

Baba Fats

Not long before his own untimely death, actor, humorist, and sometime Batman villain Victor Buono recited one of his poems on the Tonight Show. It was a charming vision of fat people's heaven, full of beautifully rotund angelic beings - "like iridescent basketballs with wings." I've loved that description ever since. He called the poem "Thinatopsis." To the best of my knowledge it's never been published anywhere, but it certainly deserves to be.

This isn't mine, but I can't resist sharing:

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/331/c/e/Crushed_by_an_Angel_by_bishunter.jpg

9. Feb 6, 2007 #29

rainyday

rainyday

rainyday

Departed

Sounds like a play on Thanatopsis. That'd be fun to find. I'm not sure how aesthetic "basketballs" is, but it made me laugh.

10. Feb 6, 2007 #30

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

heyyyy bigplaidpants :)

to pick up some threads here....

I think that is something that seems to be very...FA. I mean, I think there is a sense of homecoming for ffat ffolk too--esp in the beginnings of "coming out"--but the appreciation and satisfaction that comes with finally being with a big person is part of what feels good/is unique about being on the receiving end. If you're able to receive it/feel it...it's giddy-making. Increases the conspiratorial/enclosed space yer in. I dunno, is there always a lil body worship in the BBW/FA relationship? Maybe it's not different than others, just more articulated.

That is definitely interestin to think about. Esp with the strong tradition of wacky denying saints and stuff...whom have kind of anorexic profiles. Not quite sure where that lovely long list of ideas of yours would fit, historically! If anywhere.

I dunno! Yes and no! My first thought was yeah! Definitely! It *can't* be the same, and why would you want it to be "the same" as everything else. I mean...I guess it always is different, by definition, contextually. You wanna be appreciated for who you are, right now. But I think sometimes, esp. as a big girl, you are longing for normalization in some sense too. Not validation exactly, but an acknowledgement that liking your body isn't so freakin weird, cause it's not! Esp. when you look at the big wide wild bell curve of human sexuality. (This is where the word fetishism can start to rear its head a bit, I guess. Insert that essay here :).) But in general...yeah. And in the end, obviously, you can't care whether anybody thinks you're normal, but...I dunno. Maybe I'm conflating some ideas here?

Innnnnnnnnnnnnterestin :)

*waveywave*
    Liz

11. Feb 6, 2007 #31

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

what a thought! :)