Fashion Fails

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

mostly harmless
We all love to post pics of ourselves when we have it all put together. But let's face it, most of us have had times where we we put together the wrong pieces.

This thread is for the bold to share their fashion fails.

Tad

mostly harmless
And of course I should go first. The pics attached are ~25 years old, but just resurfaced. My then fiancee (now wife) and I managed to get unsuitable suits at the same time.

She had the excuse that her summer suit was raw silk and had been at a great price, no matter that it washed out her color and hid her figure. Me? I was just a putz and hadn't figured out that I should never wear anything double breasted.

Attachments

Last edited:

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Agree with Loopy - that's a totally normal 1990's outfit! Both of you look absolutely decade appropriate.

I actually had a very similar bermuda shorts suit to the one your wife wore; only it was in a dusty turquiose shade. Would admittedly never wear that again - even though I still have the nice classic silk blouse that went with it.

Tad

mostly harmless
I agree that the fashions were decade appropriate, but IMO the fashions did not flatter us. I should have gone single breasted, she should have gone with something more structured most likely.

The fail was in following fashion blindly, rather than in being unfashionable.

Group builder