Fat female superheroes. :D

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tina

Older and wiser now
Since tnek made his thread (I didn't want to barge into it with my stuff), it reminded me of a couple I have colored, but did not draw myself. I know I've posted these in the past, but it's been so long I don't remember where. *scratches head*

The first is a color job on DeviantArtist kawaiidebu's inking. He gave me permission to color it. I think it's made the rounds, as I've seen it used as avatars and in various other places where I didn't put it, and I doubt k did either. It's cool to know that people like it.

This is the original, where you can see what he says about his motivation for drawing it.

I used a few manipulated photos, and some painting, for the background, but the fun part, really, was coloring her. It was wonderful fun -- I love to do reflective color glows! Fun!

Now, this one is near and dear to my heart, as it was drawn and inked by my darling husband, Bigggie -- a man who has drawn several supersize superheroes and I love them. I was thrilled when he dedicated this one of Gwen Stacy to me -- several years ago, before we were even an item. So of course I wanted to color it. I used a fractal for her blouse and really dug doing the background and her skin. It was great fun to play with it (I still love to color, but now I have Photoshop instead of a 64 color box of Crayolas :D ). I also love that she is truly supersize.

Thanks for looking, those of you who peeked in. :)

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Those are wonderful superheroins Tina! Great drawing by Biggie and colouring by you. Not only are you and Biggie a wonderful couple, you two also do incredible collaborative art work!

:)

Stan

tnekkralc1956

These are great! I surely like all of the different textures represented in the Batgirl image, especially...

Tina

Older and wiser now
Thanks, Stan and tnek. :) Both of us having an interest in art is fun. We have drawn each other undraped, as they say, before, and plan to create more art together. I've never had that with a partner and I like it. :)

I was tired and misrepresented, though. BatGirl is the superhero and Gwen is a Spiderman love interest.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Thanks, Stan and tnek. :) Both of us having an interest in art is fun. We have drawn each other undraped, as they say, before, and plan to create more art together. I've never had that with a partner and I like it. :)

I was tired and misrepresented, though. BatGirl is the superhero and Gwen is a Spiderman love interest.
The both of you having cost free nude models for your artwork... now that's a marital fringe benefit! :D

Stan

Tina

Older and wiser now
It sure is, Stan. :D ;) :wubu: <--- liberal smiley use. ;)

Risible

Monkey Daze
Wonderful stuff, T. The orange/blue abstract you posted in the other thread? I love the vibrant colors (my bedroom is an orange-red, and I love it). My feeling as I looked at it was along the lines of getting out of the pool on a hot day, or walking into intense hot sun from a cool, dark place. The cool just - evaporates.

Hey, did you know that Chuck and I ordered a couple of Cafe Press shirts from you? Chuck has the Round Hound tee in black, I've the Fat, the New Sexy tank.

Of course, the tank doesn't come close to fitting, and when I put it on for the first time, Chuck took a look at it and goes, "All I can see is "Fat." Can't see the rest," because the New Sexy part was on the underside of my chest. And, naturally, the "Fat" is stretched out into huge letters; I'll be wearing this little number proudly on the next camping trip! ;) Chuck loves the fit!

Tina

Older and wiser now
Okay, that made me laugh out loud, Ris. :)

I didn't know you bought some items, thank you. :) I hope they keep continuing to expand, literally, the sizing there, as they have been. But it takes time, I guess.

Thank you for your comments about my art. I've been so busy I really haven't done much for a good while, and I miss it.

rainyday

Departed
These are so fun, T. I'd never seen the first one. I hope you get a lot more creating time in after you move.

Photoshop never smells quite as good as that 64-crayon box did, does it? They need a plug-in for that. (Pantone markers smell yummy as well.)

P.S. I'd rep you but I must have hit you recently because it's not letting me.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Of course, Ned's Dimensia is one of my fav fat superheroines ... wonder why
She's a classic, isn't she? I love her, too, Ris.
These are so fun, T. I'd never seen the first one. I hope you get a lot more creating time in after you move.
I hope so, too, honey. I'll be moving even further away from you, though, and that stinks.
Photoshop never smells quite as good as that 64-crayon box did, does it? They need a plug-in for that. (Pantone markers smell yummy as well.)
No kidding! The smell of art supplies is like perfume to me. ArtGum erasers, especially. Bizarre. What were your favorite crayon colors, rainy? Mine were periwinkle and magenta. :)

That's the thing about digital art. You can get the most brilliant, vibrating colors and color blends, but it's sterile.

rainyday

Departed
No kidding! The smell of art supplies is like perfume to me. ArtGum erasers, especially. Bizarre. What were your favorite crayon colors, rainy? Mine were periwinkle and magenta. :)
I don't remember specific crayon colors, although I always liked the names burnt umber and burnt sienna. I do have favorite Prismacolors pencils though--tuscan red (#937) and indigo blue (#901), and the warm greys.

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
How did i just find this now, duh...i love the women Tina..wooowoooo, i want one of me, lol

here i am.....SuperNurse, lol...

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
Are you aware of the Fat Wonder Woman Blog. found here? It has a number of supersized renditions of everyone's favorite amazon.

William

Hi Tina

Back in the 40s Wonder Woman had a off and on sidekick named "Etta Candy".

Some blogs that profiles her.

Girl Wonder

http://girl-wonder.org/insideout/

Joy Nash

http://fatrantblog.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/comix-schmomix/

Wikipedia--- Uses a skinny drawing of her :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etta_Candy

William

Since tnek made his thread (I didn't want to barge into it with my stuff), it reminded me of a couple I have colored, but did not draw myself. I know I've posted these in the past, but it's been so long I don't remember where. *scratches head*

TheAmericanDream

posted earlier but it's psylocke from xmen by me! go fat superheroines!! i wanna paint a bbw wonderwoman!

UMBROBOYUM

Heres is a preview Drawing of a comic I'm working on atm :)

She can manipulate time and space to form phase type objects such as shields and swords. She cannot travel back through time though, only freeze certain portions of it. Theres alot more to her.. but for now that is all I'll tell :)

Enjoy!

Latest posts