"Fat girls" banned from Montreal club

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Ninja Glutton, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Aug 12, 2010 #1

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek

http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/girls+puts+nightclubs+spotlight/3388462/story.html

I think it's pretty horrible that you'd put that on a facebook group. It's sad because I'm sure this type of discrimination is happening constantly and and more subtley just at the bouncer level.

I say we get together and start a fat club :D

2. Aug 12, 2010 #2

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!

The first rule of Fat club-- you do not talk with your mouth full about Fat Club.

Surlysomething likes this.
  3. Aug 12, 2010 #3

Amaranthine

Amaranthine

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist

It probably happens all the time- it's terrible. And, a lot of people just don't care- it doesn't get the emotion and hype as if only a certain ethnicity was turned away.

And, if the Japanese can have clubs devoted to their debusen culture, there should totally be fat clubs over here =D

4. Aug 12, 2010 #4

Zowie

Zowie

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla

Ugh, you beat me to it.

That's kind of a stupid story, but it could happen anywhere, people who club are GENERALLY pretty freakin' superficial. It's horrible that they said it so publicly.

That being said... FAT CLUB! I'll bring the techno. Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss...

5. Aug 12, 2010 #5

CarlaSixx

CarlaSixx

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo

That's weird. A friend of mine goes to that bar and she is very evidently a BBW. I've never been turned away from bars or clubs in any city I've gone to, though some of my friends have had hard times getting in. That is pretty messed up, though. Time for a fat club!

6. Aug 13, 2010 #6

WillSpark

WillSpark

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts

I'm gonna call it "Club Sandwich"

We have so many bouncers here. They can alternate around.

I get to be the pimping club owner, and Paquito can be my ethnic wingman. Melian gets to be the cynical chick behind the bar. :p

7. Aug 13, 2010 #7

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!

I would totally hang out there.

8. Aug 13, 2010 #8

Kazak

Kazak

Kazak

there was a bbw club called "club bounce" and I think there is still one called "curve". when bounce closed a lot of the women started going to "the hop" in lakewood. its a bit of a drive from burbank.
    it sounds like a promoter not the actual club that did this. I've never been told keep people out save for age and dress code. the clubs want the money.

9. Aug 13, 2010 #9

LovesBigMen

LovesBigMen

LovesBigMen

Poco G. leave it there xD

Well that club and any clubs that are agains BBW are stupid. And there are clubs for BBW and BHM I would never go in though cause I am scared they would stare at me and hate me heh

Mordecai likes this.
  10. Aug 13, 2010 #10

WillSpark

WillSpark

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts

Oh, and all of my Robo-sluts get to be part of the special club posse. :p

11. Aug 13, 2010 #11

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek

Yeah, it seems as if people are totally okay with anti-fat hatred and sentiment, but they're all up in arms when it falls into the race category. Either way, it's negative energy on the basis of arbitrary physical distinctions. I say phooey on all of it.

12. Aug 13, 2010 #12

ChrisVersion2

ChrisVersion2

ChrisVersion2

<( ^ _ ^ <)

<( ^ _ ^ )>

(> ^ _ ^ )>

<( ^ _ ^ )>

<( ^ _ ^ <)

13. Aug 13, 2010 #13

LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz

Bounce is still there...every Friday and Saturday night. There's another size acceptance club nearby too called The Butterfly Lounge open every Saturday night.

It's one thing to get through the doors of a club...but then how you get treated once you're inside matters too. (There are clubs that are not BBW/BHM specific that are still super chill, but some aren't, obviously...) :p

14. Aug 13, 2010 #14

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch

It absolutely sucks to hear that a club would engage in size discrimination, but it's not exactly new. Last year, the internet dating site BeautifulPeople.com decided to exclude "ugly/unattractive" people from their site. Apparently, before people can officially join BeautifulPeople.com, they have to post a photo on the site which people then vote on. If the photo doesn't get enough positive votes, the person is considered "too ugly" for BeautifulPeople.com and not allowed to join the site. Heinous discrimination, but it goes on.

15. Aug 13, 2010 #15

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Remembrance

Not only do they exclude them but they revoked membership of 5000 who had gained weight over the holiday season. They were told they could resubmit pics for the other members to decide if they were worthy.

Personally, I'm usually with Groucho when it comes to clubs.

16. Aug 13, 2010 #16

Mordecai

Mordecai

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us

I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that has me as a member.

17. Aug 13, 2010 #17

Zowie

Zowie

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla

YES!
    Heh, when that came about, my friends and I created a profile, both with superbly ugly pictures (unshaven, stained, gross-looking), and really amazing pictures (high quality, we even used makeup) of my guy friend. It was kind of funny reading the comments.

18. Aug 13, 2010 #18

kinkykitten

kinkykitten

kinkykitten

FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

This is just a sad relflection of the discrimination happening these days.. Some peoples close minded ways and ignorance annoy the hell out of me :mad:

I'm with you on the fat club.. totally! :bow:

19. Aug 13, 2010 #19

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Totally true. Clubs are private property and thus reserve the right to deny entry to anyone for any reason. It's BS, but they've been doing it forever and I think that basically every group of similar people has been denied entry from some club at some point. "Oh shit, I don't like your shoes. Get the fuck out of my line." :D

Ha! That site. When it first started, I applied just for shits - was WAAAY too ugly for them (read: did not have orange tan, bleached hair, fake tits, collagen lips, etc). A small group of guys who liked "alternative" chicks formed this alliance to vote me in, but they were outnumbered! Gawd...it was hilarious, free entertainment though.

NB. I also joined AshleyMadison (the adultery site) for more free entertainment - received so many unsolicited dick pictures, you wouldn't believe....

20. Aug 13, 2010 #20

BigChaz

BigChaz

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness

I can't really force myself to have a problem with what beautifulpeople.com does. The owner of that site has a clear idea of what a beautiful person is in his opinion, and he has gathered a userbase that feels the same way as he does.

He put up the time, money, and effort to create what he wanted...I can't hold it against the guy if he does exactly what he said he set out to do!