Fat Head

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
I'm guessing he's some sort of shill for a fast-food lobby. And it's...probably...not quite as as funny or interesting as some of the documentaries I've seen. I mean, I've never seen Morgan Spurlock's movie....but what, really, is the point of this one? Like, if you could sum it up in 10 sentences or so, what's the gist? (You know, save me like 2 hours, since you've already paid attention to it?). Just that he's beginning...from the premise of some other media...of which, maybe, I'm already sufficiently skeptical, makes we wonder if there's anything of value in there. i.e., if I haven't watched either the news or Morgan Spurlock's movie, is this really relevant to me?

Tracyarts

" I'm guessing he's some sort of shill for a fast-food lobby. "

Nope, it's a pro low(er) carb and anti low-fat pitch. The fast food angle is a gimmick and a swipe at the "Supersize Me" documentary. He takes major issue with the veracity of the data reported in the Spurlock documentary.

He does eat fast food throughout the filming of "Fat Head", but moderates his daily carbohydrate intake by avoiding most grains, potatoes, desserts, HFCS sweetened drinks, etc... So, given what most fast food restaurants have to offer, he's eating animal protein, vegetables, and some incidental fruit, sugars and starches.

Like "Supersize Me" he does the whole health assessment comparison after the "diet" and shows that he is healthier for eating all that fast food, albeit lower carbohydrate fast food.

He also presents a lot of data on lowfat diets doing more harm than good, and how fat in the diet isn't necessarily bad.

I personally found it interesting because I have a significant level of insulin resistance, and a lot of the ideas he presents in the film mirror things that my endocrinologist and nutritionist have both told me about managing my health with the help of diet.

Tracy

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I'm guessing he's some sort of shill for a fast-food lobby. And it's...probably...not quite as as funny or interesting as some of the documentaries I've seen. I mean, I've never seen Morgan Spurlock's movie....but what, really, is the point of this one? Like, if you could sum it up in 10 sentences or so, what's the gist? (You know, save me like 2 hours, since you've already paid attention to it?). Just that he's beginning...from the premise of some other media...of which, maybe, I'm already sufficiently skeptical, makes we wonder if there's anything of value in there. i.e., if I haven't watched either the news or Morgan Spurlock's movie, is this really relevant to me?
No it's not relevant to you. You should never ever watch this.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
" I'm guessing he's some sort of shill for a fast-food lobby. "

Nope, it's a pro low(er) carb and anti low-fat pitch. The fast food angle is a gimmick and a swipe at the "Supersize Me" documentary. He takes major issue with the veracity of the data reported in the Spurlock documentary.

He does eat fast food throughout the filming of "Fat Head", but moderates his daily carbohydrate intake by avoiding most grains, potatoes, desserts, HFCS sweetened drinks, etc... So, given what most fast food restaurants have to offer, he's eating animal protein, vegetables, and some incidental fruit, sugars and starches.

Like "Supersize Me" he does the whole health assessment comparison after the "diet" and shows that he is healthier for eating all that fast food, albeit lower carbohydrate fast food.

He also presents a lot of data on lowfat diets doing more harm than good, and how fat in the diet isn't necessarily bad.

I personally found it interesting because I have a significant level of insulin resistance, and a lot of the ideas he presents in the film mirror things that my endocrinologist and nutritionist have both told me about managing my health with the help of diet.

Tracy
This pretty much sums it up. It's mostly taking issue with Spurlock's work.

Latest posts