• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat Professionals

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac

The under representation of fat people in professional and managerial positions has been noted in other threads. An interesting thing, related to this issue, happened yesterday -- my wife was promoted to a management position where she's have fifteen people reporting directly to her. She's been applying for management positions for the last four years without any success. When she started applying for these positions she weighed almost 400 pounds. She had her second WLS eighteen months ago and now weighs 200 pounds (and looks like she weighs less as her face and upper body a now pretty much thin). For the last several months colleagues who had never said a word to her are inviting her to lunch or after work drinks (i.e. the cool kids are inviting her into their club). And yesterday, out of the blue, she was offered her promotion.

It would be nice to think that my wife's talents were finally recognized. However, it appears that what happened is that she now looks the part.

Latest posts

Back