• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fatphobic abuse because I had the audacity to make a science-based comment.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBarbieDoll

I commented on a meme a celebrity posted that featured a cow and its baby with a caption above it saying that it was proud to have a calf/be a mother (or something along those lines). I basically stated that, while cows/animals do indeed feel some emotions — or feel them to an extent — pride isn’t one of them because their brains are not wired that way, they did not evolve that way. I claimed that the poster of the meme was anthropomorphizing the cow which, as far as I know, is correct.

I got my fair share of mean-spirited and immensely unkind replies but one person took it to a whole ‘nother level by visiting my own profile and calling me a “fat c*nt” and wished that I choked to death on some meat. These comments were left on random photos she chose. She also took the time to post a meme of a large man and stated he was my boyfriend. It’s a bit amusing because most of the men I have dated and fooled around with have been thin.

Honestly, I am trying to not let it bother me too much — it says more about her than it does about me. In what I believe to be a cowardly fashion, she blocked me after making her comments.

Did I hit a nerve or was she just looking for someone to abuse?

How do you handle stuff like this, personally?

All I said was that cows/animals do not feel pride because they did not evolve that way and their brains are not wired for it. This is, unless I am mistaken, a scientific fact. To get so upset over a statement based in reality is irrational.

Latest posts

Back