Favorite Christmas/Holiday song and by who?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Les Toil

Mine? "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee! Runners up would be anything from the classic Jackson Five Christmas Album which I've played obsessively since I was nine.

I may be the minority in this but I play Christmas songs on the oldies stations like a yuletide idiot and sink into a depression the day after Christmas when the stations resume their regular format. I live for Alvin and the Chipmunks, Nat King Cole, Elvis, The Ronnettes, Run-DMC, Jerry Lee Lewis, Adam Sandler, etc singing about chestnuts, tin soldiers, mistletoe and grandmas being run over by reindeer.

Post your fave song!!

Sandie S-R

Mine? "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee! Runners up would be anything from the classic Jackson Five Christmas Album which I've played obsessively since I was nine.

I may be the minority in this but I play Christmas songs on the oldies stations like a yuletide idiot and sink into a depression the day after Christmas when the stations resume their regular format. I live for Alvin and the Chipmunks, Nat King Cole, Elvis, The Ronnettes, Run-DMC, Jerry Lee Lewis, Adam Sandler, etc singing about chestnuts, tin soldiers, mistletoe and grandmas being run over by reindeer.

Post your fave song!!
I'm with you Les....great songs all!! My 3 favs...

1. White Christmas - Bing Crosby

2. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

3. Mele Kalikimaka - Chris Issak or Bette Midler (both recorded it)- I enclosed a link incase you haven't heard this one - very cute and charming Hawaiian Christmas song.

Shosh

Susannah
Hey Sandie,

Mele Kalikimaka is a very cute song.:) I think I may have heard it in a movie, but I do like it.
I adore Bette Midler and love all that she does, except I hate the song " Wind beneath my wings":D

mimosa

Fluffy Mama
Hi Les,

I know I'm suppose to post my favorite Christmas song. But I can't think of any.:doh: But I can tell you about one I hate. Nick and Jessica's "Baby It's Cold Outside" Jessica's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_OcQOj4iG4

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance

Post your fave song!!
I love Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree too.

NancyGirl74

O Holy Night ~ Michael Crawford (sp?)
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ~ Judy Garland
& the whole John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD :D

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
In no particular order-

All I Want- the Weepies

Christmas Song (not the traditional song known by this title!) Dave Matthews Band

O Holy Night- Josh Groban --gives me chills

God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman - by Sarah McLaughlin & Barenaked Ladies, I listen to this all year long! :blush:

(Christmas) Baby, Please Come Home- U2

imfree

In Remembrance
"Mary's Boy Child" by Harry Belefonte is one of my faves.

Chimpi

into the shining sun
O Holy Night ~ Michael Crawford
Yes, you spelled his name correctly. I really enjoy his version that he sings with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It's on the Trans-Siberian Orchestra "The Ghosts Of Christmas Eve" DVD. Excellent!

O Holy Night performed by Wayne Bergeron is amazing.
O Holy Night tends to be my favorite Christmas song. I also enjoy Cartman's (South Park) version.

But I think Christmas Eve / Sarajevo 12/24 by Trans-Siberian Orchestra is my all time favorite Christmas song.

T

themadhatter

Hey Sandie,

Mele Kalikimaka is a very cute song.:) I think I may have heard it in a movie, but I do like it.
Please tell me you're joking right...? RIGHT?

Also, I'm partial to:

Happy Christmas (War is Over) - Uhh.. John Lennon
Carol of the Bells - No Idea
and my dad always used to play that snoopy vs. red baron song every single year, ha. - ya got me?!

But please, anything, ANYTHING BUT Paul McCartney's Christmas song. Oh dear god! Simply having a wonderful Christmas time my ass! Anyone who's written a good Christmas song please step forward. Woooah, not so fast there Paul. (Gee, can you tell how much I don't like this song?)

imfree

In Remembrance
Please tell me you're joking right...? RIGHT?

Also, I'm partial to:

Happy Christmas (War is Over) - Uhh.. John Lennon
Carol of the Bells - No Idea
and my dad always used to play that snoopy vs. red baron song every single year, ha. - ya got me?!........snipped.........
"Snoopy's Christmas" by The Royal Guardsmen, 1967

Tina

Older and wiser now
I don't have just one favorite song, but many.

I do really adore the songs from Vince Guaraldi's soundtrack to the 1965 special A Charlie Brown Christmas. Christmas really is just not the same without them. The child in me also loves Burl Ives' Christmas songs.

Anything Christmas by Nat King Cole's mellow, honeyed voice.

The Rat Pack Christmas album is another must-play.

"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas," by The Drifters almost always makes me smile. There's more, but I'm too tired to think of them. :)

Latest posts