Favorite part of a movie

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

escapist

Belt Buster!
I love the part in Your Highness where they smoke out with the creepy creature...

Fabious: Thadeous, are you seeing what I'm seeing?
Thadeous: You making a fool of yourself. Handle your shit, Fabious, please.
LOL! That's: The Wise Wizard!

The movie is just filled with Epic Levels of Funny...I love this part too...
Leezar trying to smack talk and C@$# Block

Lets not forget this one too:

Yeah I had to make her watch it like 6x to finally see it all. For me this movie is like a cult classic already. I just love it.

StretchII

This.

This is too hard to choose so I'll go with something simple.

In "Waxwork" David Warner is the evil dude and dressed up like Willy Wonka when two random chicks walk up to him and one is like "This is a strange place for a waxwork" and his reply is hilariously emoted "rrrrrrrrrreallly??? why?"

You just had to be there.

Wait got it. Start around 4:20 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSqFDFzEDj0
I thought I was the only one who found his reply amusing. Glad you think so too!

samuraiscott

True Story
Two scenes from Purple Rain. When Appolonia and Morris Day walk into the club and Prince and the Revolution play Darling Nikki. The other scene is when Prince and Appolonia are at the lake and he tells her she has to purify herself in the lake. She takes her clothes off (Hawtness) and jumps into the freezing cold water. He laughs at her and says he can't believe she did it. Oh yeah that whole movie is the fucking bomb.

In the Last Samurai when Katsumoto and Nathan Algren are talking about the Code of the Samurai. Katsumoto tells Algren his code and way of life is no longer necessary and Algren replies, "What could be more necessary?" Also in the Last Samurai when Katsumoto is dying he sees the prefect cherry blossom, referenced earlier in the movie and he gasps "Perfect... They are all... perfect..."

Two scenes from Purple Rain. When Appolonia and Morris Day walk into the club and Prince and the Revolution play Darling Nikki. The other scene is when Prince and Appolonia are at the lake and he tells her she has to purify herself in the lake. She takes her clothes off (Hawtness) and jumps into the freezing cold water. He laughs at her and says he can't believe she did it. Oh yeah that whole movie is the fucking bomb.

In the Last Samurai when Katsumoto and Nathan Algren are talking about the Code of the Samurai. Katsumoto tells Algren his code and way of life is no longer necessary and Algren replies, "What could be more necessary?" Also in the Last Samurai when Katsumoto is dying he sees the prefect cherry blossom, referenced earlier in the movie and he gasps "Perfect... They are all... perfect..."
I love both those movies too. I have the lake scene saved..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68PMtu396cU&list=PLE2153DC21C13A5FA&index=22&feature=plpp_video

freakyfred

\_(O_o)_/
From the top of my head;
The duel at the end of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Orson Welles scene in Ed Wood
The battles with the Katayanagi Twins in Scott Pilgrim VS the World

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
okay, not really a movie but sort of. In BSG (which really is just a really long movie) where they jumped the entire battlestar into the atmosphere just to launch the vipers and jump out again before they hit!

as soon as they said they were jumping into the atmosphere i was about to walk away from the show. i can only suspend disbelief so much and there is just no way in hell a ship the size of a battlestar would be able to just cruise through the sky but then they jumped in and you see it just plummeting down... awesome!

although vipers look to be about as capable of atmospheric flight as my bacon-wrapped cock... (yeah, that's totally my new thing)

TrickBaby

Liking this thread. So Im gonna have to go with Confessions of a trickbaby/freeway 2. Now bare with me as its an odd one...

Its a toss up between the huffing while driving scene and the drinking in the shower scene.

And since this is the one I can find im gonna go with shower. (from about 4:30) NSFW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwMGDJFAY8

I think it could be that its pre fixed by an unapologetic binge and purge. Followered by the ever so cool drinking while bleaching hair in the shower. Inter cut with the super dark necrophilia with the old school vibrator, which makes it down right funny.

Dont judge me!:p

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
It's at the end of Sleepless in Seattle. She goes to the Empire State Building (Just like in An Affair to Remember) and she realizes that he's not there and is really sad. She thought it was fated for them to meet.
He was just there and missed her, and they're closing the observation deck and he leaves with his son, Jonah, who left behind his knapsack, which has his teddy bear in it. She finds the knapsack, and the teddy bear and the doors open and he and Jonah walk out and see her holding the teddy bear and they lock eyes and you just know it's meant to be.

Anything where someone comes back to someone else always makes me cry like a baby because no one's ever done it for me and I wasted a lot of time waiting, just like Cary Grant in An Affair to Remember, and like Meg Ryan in Sleepless, who did believe in fate.

wreckless1967

I would say my favourite sequence from a movie is--- the opening scene of the -Godfather 1-, when the italian undertaker is asking Don Vito Corleone for justice against the gang that had beaten his daughter up badly, it shows a man of tremendous power and influence in a truly dignified manner, Oh how I wish I had power and respect like that. A truly classic timeless piece of movie magic, Marlon Brando at his best. Also rated second greatest movie of all time after Citizen Kane, for good reason,.

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
In "Life is Beautiful", near the end when Joshua is hiding in the box and his father gets caught. The father knows he's being led around the corner to be killed but also knows his son is watching, so he starts a silly march and makes eye contact with Joshua, smiling and winking. OMG - the selflessness of the father brings me to tears. I LOVE this movie.

imogenbakerbell

This scene is from 9 1/2 weeks where she is reflecting on the relationship (wink wink..lol).....enjoy
That was hot! That's one to put on my "to watch" list.

Scenes from a couple of my favourite films: First, the beginning to Secretary. It's just weirdly sexy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28W3d3brIf0 (Actually, the whole film is weirdly sexy. Though it bothers me when Mr. Grey throws the doughnuts in the bin. In my version of Secretary, Maggie Gyllenhaal forces James Spader to bend over and eat the doughnuts off the desk, while giving him a good spanking, hehehe).

And a scene from The Piano, which is probably my absolute favourite film - one of my favourite scenes is this one (which is right towards the end, unfortunately, so if you don't want spoilers, don't watch; also, I'm miffed it's not the entire scene): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLUrEgC-Dd4&feature=relmfu

LifeTraveller

Sporadic Poster
Any scene in the movie "RED" John Malkovich is in. . His delivery of some of the most bizarre lines are priceless. . not to mention hysterical. . Not exactly "Oscar" material, but a good diversion..

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
When I was a kid, I saw Event Horizon in theatres and thought that the gravity drive room and gore scenes were the coolest shit ever, as was the use of Funky Shit in the end credits. Recently, I watched the SFX extra on the DVD and learned that it was originally going to have so many more "visions from Hell" sequences, but some shitty test audiences couldn't handle it, so a lot of it ending up getting cut. They should have been eviscerated for that :p

Sorry, but this thread just gave me movie nostalgia!

American Psycho was also packed with great scenes: the hobo getting stabbed, the chainsaw dropping onto the whore, the washing of the leather gloves, the idiotic (yet hilarious) business card colour scene, and let's not forget the axe to the face.

djudex

I'm out
I totally wanted to be in on that business card scene.

"oh my God, look at it. So beautiful...."

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us
When I was a kid, I saw Event Horizon in theatres and thought that the gravity drive room and gore scenes were the coolest shit ever, as was the use of Funky Shit in the end credits. Recently, I watched the SFX extra on the DVD and learned that it was originally going to have so many more "visions from Hell" sequences, but some shitty test audiences couldn't handle it, so a lot of it ending up getting cut. They should have been eviscerated for that :p

Sorry, but this thread just gave me movie nostalgia!

American Psycho was also packed with great scenes: the hobo getting stabbed, the chainsaw dropping onto the whore, the washing of the leather gloves, the idiotic (yet hilarious) business card colour scene, and let's not forget the axe to the face.
Isn't the remainder of the Hell dimension footage lost forever? Event Horizon has a pretty large following. I went to see the movie as a joke (oh wow, Hellraiser in SPAAAACE) but ended up loving the flick. The friend I went to see it with agreed and we really wanted to see more of what happened to the original crew.

American Psycho (the book) is fun. The chainsaw dropping scene is pretty much the only one that didn't have some basis in the book. Either way, Bret Easton Ellis is one of my favorite authors.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Your card would definitely be Bone :p

Isn't the remainder of the Hell dimension footage lost forever?
They showed some of the extra footage in the DVD special features - basically, when the Event Horizon went through the wormhole to Hell, the crew went insane and had some kind of orgy where they mutilated and fucked each other to death. I think they've still got all the original footage, but it's shit quality (on tapes or something). Not entirely sure...I love this movie and have seen it a dozen times or so, but it doesn't quite enter into the "obsession" category, where I know every bit of minutiae about it (Earthbound trivia occupies most of that space in my mind!).

JenFromOC

Awesome.
Steve Martin's rant at the car rental place in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Best. Scene. Ever. Haha

theronin23

In Remembrance
I tell people to get a gosh damn job constantly because of the hobo scene.

So much in American Psycho has made it into my (and my whole family's) lexicon. As a matter of fact, when I did my AMA thread on reddit, the ice got broken with an American Psycho reference. It was beautiful.

It's even got a watermark.

P.S. I'm surprised no one's said "The money shot" yet.

Latest posts